ADVERTISEMENT

Reeves is "Weighing His Options" Regarding His Destination

So, if Reeves transfers we will know UK/Calipari were the ones who couldn't offer a sweet enough deal?
Good grief. I like Reeves and all but, he isn't irreplaceable. And apparently Calipari isn't interested in guaranteeing NIL money to anyone. So, sounds like Reeves needs to be talking to a collective.
He might not be irreplaceable for most teams, but he and almost anyone else on UK's team is because obviously Cal's lies have lost their attraction. UK is no longer viewed as an attractive place to be anymore. It will only get worse as long as Cal is here.

What drama are you talking about? The player with the most drama last season was Oscar.
The whole thing has been nothing but drama from him or his camp since April 4.He went thru the draft process,knew weeks ago that he had no shot,then little tidbits started coming out that other schools are interested.He played along,stringing it out,milking the clock when IF he really wanted to stay at UK he could have just said I'm going back to Kentucky and let all the NIL money and role talk play out behind closed doors instead of making it public.Hes all drama on this and he isn't irreplaceable.

The whole thing has been nothing but drama from him or his camp since April 4.He went thru the draft process,knew weeks ago that he had no shit,then little tidbits started coming out that other schools are interested.He played along,stringing it out,milking the clock when IF he really wanted to stay at UK he could have just said I'm going back to Kentucky and let all the NIL money and role talk play out behind closed doors instead of making it public.Hes all drama on this and he isn't irreplaceable.
If Cal had better options, he would have taken them. So, don't hate the player; hate the game.

Reactions: delk4three
If Cal had better options, he would have taken them. So, don't hate the player; hate the game.
He had better options but he wouldn't get off his ass and go get them.They went elsewhere or are still in the portal.I don't hate Reeves,I'd just prefer he move on....and fast.

Reactions: cornbreadnmilk
Reeves is one of five players in UK history to score 37 or more pts in a game.

Let that sink in. He is an elite scorer.
He is must get by Cal and Cal needs to run shots thru him like he did Jamal Murray.

There is literally nobody who can hit a 3 pter on this entire team.

He is must get by Cal and Cal needs to run shots thru him like he did Jamal Murray.

People keep saying this nonsense but isn't shep a good shooter?

Agree we need Reeves back.

Reactions: cornbreadnmilk

You are correct, but some UK fans are quick to trash players in defense of Cal.

He might not be irreplaceable for most teams, but he and almost anyone else on UK's team is because obviously Cal's lies have lost their attraction. UK is no longer viewed as an attractive place to be anymore. It will only get worse as long as Cal is here.
It doesn't matter if Reeves plays here next year or not. Calipari/UK aren't winning anything. Even with him I think next years team loses 9-10 regular season games and limps into the NCAA tourney, if they make it at all.

True and he also went 1-15 against K State..he's not that elite
There are former UK players in the NBA who had bad games at UK so don't act like Reeves is the only one. If NBA players can have bad shooting nights, Boston Celtics entire team, you shouldn't be surprised that college players sometimes have bad shooting nights.

So, Reeves wants top dollar and a guaranteed feature roll? Screw you, like you did us again K St.

There are former UK players in the NBA who had bad games at UK so don't act like Reeves is the only one. If NBA players can have bad shooting nights, Boston Celtics entire team, you shouldn't be surprised that college players sometimes have bad shooting nights.
Dude,Reeves isn't that elite..he had a bad game,ok..but he got hot and scored 37 against Arkansas...he IS NOT elite.He isn't Devin Booker..he isn't Jamal Murray..he isn't Doron Lamb..He isn't Tony Delk...he isn't elite.

He had better options but he wouldn't get off his ass and go get them.They went elsewhere or are still in the portal.I don't hate Reeves,I'd just prefer he move on....and fast.
Players just don't want to come to UK anymore. They have seen how transfer portal players' games greatly regressed after coming to UK.

Dude,Reeves isn't that elite..he had a bad game,ok..but he got hot and scored 37 against Arkansas...he IS NOT elite.He isn't Devin Booker..he isn't Jamal Murray..he isn't Doron Lamb..He isn't Tony Delk...he isn't elite.
Dude, you are the only one talking about elite players. I don't recall anyone calling Reeves elite; however, he was and has been the best 3 point shooter at UK for the past several years. Oscar is the only transfer portal player to improve his game while at UK. The others have regressed at UK.

Elite scorer ? hell there are long lengths of time where he cant get his shot off . Elite my ass . For half ass teams like we field he might be " good" but he sure isnt elite

Dude, you are the only one talking about elite players. I don't recall anyone calling Reeves elite; however, he was and has been the best 3 point shooter at UK several years. Oscar is the only transfer portal player to improve his game while at UK. The others have regressed at UK.
Yeah scroll back up,calling him elite was mentioned a few times and not by me.

There aren’t any other options at this point, if there were I would agree, Kentucky has to get his shooting on next years roster
He shot 42% fg, 40% on 3s and 78% overall. He isn't that great of a shooter. We have 5 guys who are more than capable of handling the 1-2-3 positions without Reeves. Plus Reeves did little except shoot, 2 rpg, 1 apg, not a good defender (14 steals the whole season).

He shot 42% fg, 40% on 3s and 78% overall. He isn't that great of a shooter. We have 5 guys who are more than capable of handling the 1-2-3 positions without Reeves. Plus Reeves did little except shoot, 2 rpg, 1 apg, not a good defender.
Relying on solely freshman isn’t the way anymore, and those numbers look pretty good, Kentucky need him back

Elite scorer ? hell there are long lengths of time where he cant get his shot off . Elite my ass . For half ass teams like we field he might be " good" but he sure isnt elite
A 40% shooter from 3 who scored over 20 pts per game in 3/4 of the games played

37 on road at Arky

Find me a more complete scorer as a guard in the SEC. I’ll hang up and listen

Elite or not, he is a better shooter than what UK currently has on the team.
Well as I told another poster earlier when talking of Reeves,I like you LMDCat,your a good poster and I like reading your comments but we will just have agree to disagree on Reeves and that's ok,no harm done at all.

People really out here demeaning him calling him just a transfer from Illinois State, as if he wasn't one of, if not our best players last year for most of the season and a reason we won a lot of games.

Sure he choked in the tournament vs Kansas State, but we don't even get to that point without him.

If this was happening at Duke or UNC, those same people would be salivating at the idea of getting him here and talking up how he'd be the perfect addition to this class. Pretty hilarious that as soon as it happens here, suddenly people are turning their noses up and trying to belittle him as a player and acting like he can be replaced with ease.

-----------------------------

Also like, no shit a senior would want some guarantees on playing time if other schools are knocking down his door promising a starting spot and whatever NIL amount, while Kentucky is sitting back saying nothing on NIL and probably telling him he'll be coming off the bench as at best the 6th or 7th man.

Reactions: WolfTix
He shot 42% fg, 40% on 3s and 78% overall. He isn't that great of a shooter. We have 5 guys who are more than capable of handling the 1-2-3 positions without Reeves. Plus Reeves did little except shoot, 2 rpg, 1 apg, not a good defender.
His numbers weren't too far behind Wallace.

Well as I told another poster earlier when talking of Reeves,I like you LMDCat,your a good poster and I like reading your comments but we will just have agree to disagree on Reeves and that's ok,no harm done at all.
I agree with your assessment. We don't have to agree on everything. It is what makes the board interesting. Also, disagreeing respectfully makes it even more enjoyable, so I appreciate how we kept it civil.

People really out here demeaning him calling him just a transfer from Illinois State, as if he wasn't one of, if not our best players last year for most of the season and a reason we won a lot of games.

Sure he choked in the tournament vs Kansas State, but we don't even get to that point without him.

If this was happening at Duke or UNC, those same people would be salivating at the idea of getting him here and talking up how he'd be the perfect addition to this class. Pretty hilarious that as soon as it happens here, suddenly people are turning their noses up and trying to belittle him as a player and acting like he can be replaced with ease.

Also like, no shit a senior would want some guarantees on playing time if other schools are knocking down his door promising a starting spot and whatever NIL amount, while Kentucky is sitting back saying nothing on NIL and probably telling him he'll be coming off the bench as at best the 6th or 7th man.
If you want to call it a choke, he wasn't alone. Wallace certainly was a no show who at times appeared afraid to shoot. So, there was enough blame for UK's poor performance to not attempt to call out a single player. However, coaching was the main determining factor in the outcome.

Reactions: Catfan2226
If you want to call it a choke, he wasn't alone. Wallace certainly was a no show who at times appeared afraid to shoot. So, there was enough blame for UK's poor performance to not attempt to call out a single player. However, coaching was the main determining factor in the outcome.
I’m not a huge Cal guy, but let’s be real Reeves poor performance lost that game, he was WIDE open and not even coming close.

Reactions: ukfan041
Going to make for some great team chemistry next year if reeves comes back and his teammates hear all of the drama that went on with this. They start hearing that for him to to come back, his teammates essentially took a nil pay cut because reeves shook the cash flow outta everyone. I’m sure teammates won’t be too receptive. About halfway thru season we will start hearing stuff trickling out related to team chemistry.

Last edited:
Going to make for some great team chemistry next year if reeves comes back and his teammates hear all of the drama that went on with this. They start hearing that for him to to come back, his teammates essentially they took a nil pay cut because reeves shook the cash flow outta everyone. I’m sure teammates won’t be too receptive. About halfway thru season we will start hearing stuff trickling out related to team chemistry.
Plus he clearly wants a guarantee on his role/minutes for next year, just disaster.

He’s wanting guaranteed NIL money or guaranteed mins…. We’ll they wouldn’t give Hunter/ Oscar any guaranteed NIL money and he definitely isn’t getting any of the guaranteed freshmen minutes. He’s definitely going to another school!

Mr. Reeves…we understand you love your son, but his demands are BS!

Reactions: FitchandMurray29
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT