ADVERTISEMENT

Reeves is "Weighing His Options" Regarding His Destination

Man, I like Reeves, I really wished he was playing for UK next year, but with this news, nah, he needs to go. Cal has waited long enough and that needs to end. There are dudes sitting there in the portal that can shoot it as good as he did and they would love to be here. Cal can't wait any longer.

Damn, this sucks.

If he’s that unsure about coming back, let him go. He needs to remember his final game when the team needed him and he didn’t come through.

Reactions: ukfan041
Fans gotta understand they care about the whole "Kentucky brand" a million times more than any player. Reeves and any other player is gonna worry about their minutes and NIL. They couldn't give a single **** about "the brand", sitting on the bench your final year of college when you have other options to start is just a waste of a year and their abilities.

Being willing to stay here just cause they love Kentucky is about a 30 year outdated line of thinking, and even then it was because one and dones wasn't a thing in the NBA.

Reactions: LmdCat
Fans gotta understand they care about the whole "Kentucky brand" a million times more than any player. Reeves and any other player is gonna worry about their minutes and NIL. They couldn't give a single **** about "the brand", sitting on the bench your final year of college when you have other options to start is just a waste of a year and their abilities.

Being willing to stay here just cause they love Kentucky is about a 30 year outdated line of thinking, and even then it was because one and dones wasn't a thing in the NBA.
With the NIL and transfer portal Craziness you need 3 or 4 super grateful/loyal KY kids to go with your 5 star freshman/portal players. The days of stacking up 5 stars are clearly over. Hawkins/Willis were perfect examples, I assume Reed will be as well.

Reactions: larryflint69
Cal has been a failure of biblical proportions since 2019. And it has been in every facet- speaking in public, bench coaching, roster construction and the hiring of coaches. And he has been a complete moron this off season in once again- roster construction. Maybe he will add some pieces at the last minute but I doubt the moves will result in a championship type roster. We will see.

With the NIL and transfer portal Craziness you need 3 or 4 super grateful/loyal KY kids to go with your 5 star freshman/portal players. The days of stacking up 5 stars are clearly over. Hawkins/Willis were perfect examples, I assume Reed will be as well.
Where are people getting this idea that Reed is a surefire 4 year player?

I doubt it happens, but it's not out of the possibility he's a one and done player like Booker did when everyone thought he was an obvious returning player.

He's arguably closer to a 2 year player than he is a 4 year player.

You need a coach that cares about the program and less about himself. It is laughable to trash players for being concerned about their financial and playing status while supporting a coach who is guilty of one of the biggest coaching salary heist in college basketball history. The players are all very aware of how Cal suckered the university into giving him money that he hasn't come close to earning. It is going to be a hard sale to get players who are willing to make sacrifices for the team while playing for one of the most selfish and egotistical coaches in the history of the sport.

Where are people getting this idea that Reed is a surefire 4 year player?

I doubt it happens, but it's not out of the possibility he's a one and done player like Booker did when everyone thought he was an obvious returning player.

He's arguably closer to a 2 year player than he is a 4 year player.
Regardless 2 is a lot better than the o e we are getting from most

Reactions: larryflint69
Cal has been a failure of biblical proportions since 2019. And it has been in every facet- speaking in public, bench coaching, roster construction and the hiring of coaches. And he has been a complete moron this off season in once again- roster construction. Maybe he will add some pieces at the last minute but I doubt the moves will result in a championship type roster. We will see.
Exactly, he’s been way past his prime since then. Hasn’t done anything remotely right.

Reactions: irishcat1965
I agree, it’s just ridiculous that he’s coming back, but not coming back to UK yet. Like this only happens here.
Oh for sure, it’s beyond ridiculous, the sad part is if cal screw up the meeting or something doesn’t go correct, Memphis and other teams are waiting in the wings

Oh for sure, it’s beyond ridiculous, the sad part is if cal screw up the meeting or something doesn’t go correct, Memphis and other teams are waiting in the wings
Cal needs to realize that the days of players throwing themselves at him just because he is Cal and the coach of UK is over. The chickens have come home to roost and now he has to kowtow to the players.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
Being held up for NIL money by a 25 yr old that completely s*** the bed in the tourney. Blow the program up!
He’s 22. FWIW
Lol at all the fans who were on the players side getting money and now crucifying Reeves for negotiating to get more. Serves college bb right.
No doubt about it. This is what you guys thought was awesome and fair to the players. This is the game now. It’s the game you all thought was going to be great for the sport. In other words, don’t hate the player. Hate the game. It’s what y’all wanted.

Reactions: RunninRichie
We shouldn't welcome him back? What makes you think he wants to come back?

I don't really give a f*ck if he wants to come back or not, that is irrelevant to me.

If it was me, he wouldn't be welcomed back anymore, even if he wanted to.

His opinion is meaningless.

If I get banned from a bar, it doesn't really matter if I want to go back to it or not....because I'm banned.

Same rules apply.

All 3 have been gone for a long time and Cal has sat around and has no one else coming in for next year this will be such an embarrassment for next year.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
I know we only have 7 guys and desperately need vets. Cow dropped the ball. I like Reeves but he's a guy who disappears when the lights get bright.

If some of you were ready to move on from Oscar how in the hell do we want to beg a guy who shot us out of the tourney?

Reeves played for f**king Ill St and now he's contemplating returning to a 7 man roster at Kentucky?
jerry scratching my head GIF by HULU

Clown Conancon2019 GIF by Team Coco

I’m a little shocked there has to be a meeting with Cal at this juncture. How does a reeves not already know what the answers are to any question he may have. I mean has cal had no contact with him?

I’m also of the opinion to let him go. He’s absolutely not elite or worth any sort of guarantees. You’re NOT winning a title if you have to DEPEND on reeves scoring.

Man, I like Reeves, I really wished he was playing for UK next year, but with this news, nah, he needs to go. Cal has waited long enough and that needs to end. There are dudes sitting there in the portal that can shoot it as good as he did and they would love to be here. Cal can't wait any longer.

Damn, this sucks.
totally agree
all 3 should have been told, you have a few weeks to decide if you are coming back. AFfter that, I will be finding replacements. But this ignorant used car salesman, bowed down and waited for them to decide at the 24th hour and now UK is done. Should have been on the top transfers from day 1, but not ccc. He still thinks everyone is lined up to play for HIM. Just a complete joke

been a failure since 2015 when he was out coached in the final 4. That is when he true colors came out. His continual disrespect for the fans and the UK tradition have continued to grow since he is being questioned about his coaching, offense, etc. He can't take the criticism. His continual lies regarding player injuries, the entire Sharpe ordeal, bringing in Wheeler to run the team instead of a real point guard and now this fiasco with only 7 players. Totally ridiculous the way that he has destroyed the entire program and made it a laughing stock.

been a failure since 2015 when he was out coached in the final 4. That is when he true colors came out. His continual disrespect for the fans and the UK tradition have continued to grow since he is being questioned about his coaching, offense, etc. He can't take the criticism. His continual lies regarding player injuries, the entire Sharpe ordeal, bringing in Wheeler to run the team instead of a real point guard and now this fiasco with only 7 players. Totally ridiculous the way that he has destroyed the entire program and made it a laughing stock.

Bo bo didn't outcoach anyone. If UKs players had been allowed to run their normal offense UK wins that game by 8 to 10 the way it was going. If anything CCC outcoached himself.

we have 5 guys to play the 1, 2 and 3 spots
Reeves is a luxury not a necessity
we have 2 guys for the 4 and 5 spots
it is a necessity we get a 3/4 and/or a 4/5

Reactions: TFCats11
Some of y’all are WAY overvaluing Reeves as a player.
A. He choked in the biggest game of his career. Not just choked, like Ashton Hagans point shaving choked!
B. The dude just wants money and guaranteed playing time, he won’t care if the team wins or loses.
C. Which of the other 3-4 freshmen guard’s minutes does he take?

UK needs Bigs, not a streaky mid-major talent with one of the worst shooting releases in all of BB.

Some of y’all are WAY overvaluing Reeves as a player.
A. He choked in the biggest game of his career. Not just choked, like Ashton Hagans point shaving choked!
B. The dude just wants money and guaranteed playing time, he won’t care if the team wins or loses.
C. Which of the other 3-4 freshmen guard’s minutes does he take?

UK needs Bigs, not a streaky mid-major talent with one of the worst shooting releases in all of BB.

We have seven players on the roster currently. UK needs players period at this point.

Does it even matter at this point?This roster is a total mess and the portal has nothing but trash scraps left.Cal has really done it this time.

Reactions: cornbreadnmilk
Reeves is one of five players in UK history to score 37 or more pts in a game.

Let that sink in. He is an elite scorer.
He is must get by Cal and Cal needs to run shots thru him like he did Jamal Murray.

There is literally nobody who can hit a 3 pter on this entire team.

Dan Issel
Goose Givens
Mel Turpin
Derrick Miller
Prince
Meeks
Monk

That’s 7 off the top of my head before we get to Reeves. I think some older guys did it too.

Dan Issel
Goose Givens
Mel Turpin
Derrick Miller
Prince
Meeks
Monk

That’s 7 off the top of my head before we get to Reeves. I think some older guys did it too.
They were all pretty good so he’s in good company

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT