ADVERTISEMENT

Reeves Back! - source

PG - Dilly/Wagner
SG - Wagner/Reeves...maybe some Shep if he can defend
SF - Edwards/Reeves

We're fine at all perimeter spots. Shooters, speed, slashers, scorers, spot up....I think Wagner will be a plus defender. I hold hope that Edwards will be a good to plus defender. I don't think Dilly will be a good defender and Reeves is a below par defender.

PF - Bradshaw (is he really hurt bad?) and Burks...I'm just not counting on him
C - Ugo and we have to get Cyril.

I have no idea why we aren't seeing what the offer is for Olivier Nkamhou....he'd be a natural fit.

Are all the losers who said we don't need him, he sucks, "1-15" going to come back here and admit they are morons?
Nope. I believe Dilly/Reed/Thiero will all play better D and offer more than just standstill jump shooting. And I think they’ll show up against the best competition, consistently.

We have all debated it for months - but box scores don’t lie. The dude was mediocre or below average against the best competition far more times than he was good. And at times he was mediocre against bad teams too. AND HE PLAYS TERRIBLE DEFENSE AGAINST EVERY TEAM.

Reactions: KENTUCKY_FLYER
Nope. I believe Dilly/Reed/Thiero will all play better D and offer more than just standstill jump shooting. And I think they’ll show up against the best competition, consistently.

We have all debated it for months - but box scores don’t lie. The dude was mediocre or below average against the best competition far more times than he was good. And at times he was mediocre against bad teams too. AND HE PLAYS TERRIBLE DEFENSE AGAINST EVERY TEAM.
I consider myself as negative as anybody on this board, but damn.

We got back one of the most proven scores we’ve gotten back ever under Cal.

You go from no proven shooters to a 40% three-point shooter against SEC competition.

You say other guys are going to offer more than stand still shooting, are we watching the same games? Reeves was constantly shooting that little floater pump, faking and stepping into a better shot.

Tre Mitchell from WVU would be perfect.

Capable of averaging 18 to 19 points/game (as he did as a freshman and sophomore), and a guy who shoots the three at around 36%.
100% agree with you….throw whatever is left of “La Familia’s” yearly allocation NIL at him and things are dramatically different then last week. That’s a low end Top 10 team to start the year.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
PG - Dilly/Wagner
SG - Wagner/Reeves...maybe some Shep if he can defend
SF - Edwards/Reeves

We're fine at all perimeter spots. Shooters, speed, slashers, scorers, spot up....I think Wagner will be a plus defender. I hold hope that Edwards will be a good to plus defender. I don't think Dilly will be a good defender and Reeves is a below par defender.

PF - Bradshaw (is he really hurt bad?) and Burks...I'm just not counting on him
C - Ugo and we have to get Cyril.

I have no idea why we aren't seeing what the offer is for Olivier Nkamhou....he'd be a natural fit.
Edwards should be a big time defender. Dillingham prob could defend, he just hasn't really had too!

I consider myself as negative as anybody on this board, but damn.

We got back one of the most proven scores we’ve gotten back ever under Cal.

You go from no proven shooters to a 40% three-point shooter against SEC competition.

You say other guys are going to offer more than stand still shooting, are we watching the same games? Reeves was constantly shooting that little floater pump, faking and stepping into a better shot.
He’s a standstill jump shooter who can’t sniff the NBA even with good size. Played 28 mpg and averaged 1 assist. Awful defender. Doesn’t share the ball. Can’t create off the dribble. He’s next year’s Wheeler - a dude that will hurt more than he helps.

I'd put Wagner Reeves and Edwards up against anyone's top 3.

Duke - Roach McCain Proctor
UNC - Cadeau Davis Ingram
Tennessee - Vescovi James Knecht
UConn - Newton Spencer Castle
MSU - Hoggard Walker Akins
KU - Harris McCullar Timberlake
Zona - Boswell Love Larsson
USC - Collier Ellis Johnson
Zags - Nembhard Smith Venters
Hate to break it to everyone but Rob will be better than Reeves

He’s a standstill jump shooter who can’t sniff the NBA even with good size. Played 28 mpg and averaged 1 assist. Awful defender. Doesn’t share the ball. Can’t create off the dribble. He’s next year’s Wheeler - a dude that will hurt more than he helps.
This is stupid.

posters ask me all the time, "why are you constantly shitting on the fans?" It's because of you and others like you. I only shit on the bad ones, but there are so many

The guy didn't want to be here, and Kentucky was his parachute. Now there could be issues with min promised or expected. IMO, this could lead to Wheeler 2.0. I like Reeves, but not sure this is worth the gamble with a young team, chemistry wise.

When was the last time Kentucky didn’t have chemistry issues though? Would rather have the most talented and best available players and go from there.

Heck the only serviceable big man on the roster made sure to go through pro day then schedule surgery for a foot injury. That seems worse than what reeves did.

By the end of the season there will be issues from someone. Has been since Kentucky started getting guys they had to get instead of picking and choosing their options

Alright. I like the sound of that.

Banjo-sig.gif

Reactions: UKrazycat2
The guy didn't want to be here, and Kentucky was his parachute. Now there could be issues with min promised or expected. IMO, this could lead to Wheeler 2.0. I like Reeves, but not sure this is worth the gamble with a young team, chemistry wise.
I haven't followed the Reeves saga too closely, but is there actually any proof he didn't want to be here? From what I can tell it's all rumor on top of rumor on top of rumor. He was also apparently enrolled at Ill. State and that was obviously untrue.

Reactions: JFCats22
That’s not true .. he just needed to get paid .. which he will

Reeves was up and down for sure, but anybody that can drop 37 at Arkansas is def good to have on the roster. Also, he only hit 2 threes in that game, so he is not just a stand still jump shooter, in fact he rarely did that at Illinois St., he only did that at UK because of course that was where Cal wanted him to play.

I'm not thrilled with the roster or this offseason but the responses to Reeves return prove that there is nothing Cal and staff can do to make some idiotic UK fans happy.
It's called being a realist. I'm happy to have a veteran shooter return, obviously. But not everyone wears blue colored glasses. Being concerned doesn't make me a hater or "idiotic". But your typical MO is attacking fans, so you keep doing you.

I don't know if Reeves didn't want to be here and I doubt you really knew that as fact either. That is supposition and I don't care to go down that road. You could be correct but why assume those negative thoughts here in June? We needed a shooter badly and now we have one and with UK experience. I'd rather stay positive until proven otherwise.

Yep.

I don’t think many folks on this board realize just how poor a defensive player Reeves is. If Dilly and Reed can match his offensive production and play better defense, then Reeves will find himself where Wheeler did.

I was really hoping dude wouldn’t return.

Meh...I don't think you realize how many UK players have dropped 35+ pts in a true road game in the SEC.

People were freaking out because it’s been 3 effing months since UK’s season ended. Reeves took a very long time to decide. wouldn’t you agree?
I have no real insight as to Reeves' mindset, but as a competitive, prideful athlete, I would imagine his psyche' took a big hit after the KSU game. Maybe, just maybe, he was a bit concerned about returning to Kentucky given the unrealistic expectations some fans here have.

I welcome him back! Let's GO!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT