ADVERTISEMENT

Reeves Back! - source

Arrested Development Gob Bluth GIF
Holy sh*t, I was wrong??? Dude, I can't tell you how thankful I am that you took the time to go and find this and bring it to my attention. Thank you!! You have provided a valuable service to me and BBN. I will work to be better. Please accept my sincerest apologies for being wrong. Kind sir, this is truly appreciated!!

Get a life 🤡

Edited; redacted

Last edited:
Holy sh*t, I was wrong??? Dude, I can't tell you how thankful I am that you took the time to go and find this and bring it to my attention. Thank you!! You have provided a valuable service to me and BBN. I will work to be better. Please accept my sincerest apologies for being wrong. Kind sir, this is truly appreciated!!

Get a life 🤡
These dudes don’t understand that they should only be reviving these things after the season. We’ve played two tournament teams and Reeves shit the bed both times. They like getting amped up on what he does against inferior teams, on a much more loaded roster.

Let’s all just revisit this in March.

• Haha
Reactions: DuctTapeBandit
Yep.

I don’t think many folks on this board realize just how poor a defensive player Reeves is. If Dilly and Reed can match his offensive production and play better defense, then Reeves will find himself where Wheeler did.

I was really hoping dude wouldn’t return.
"I was really hoping he would not return " and you're calling me a troll lmao nice critique there Cincycat man were you wrong hey it's all good lol did not want Reeves back okay

Reactions: Doodah859
Easy to explain. The guys in the portal want to play. They look at who we have coming in and know they can't beat that guy out. Reeves wanted out for the same reason. But he had no takers. So he's coming back to be a practice player and draw whatever NIL monies he can.

Guys don't enter the portal to go ride the bench somewhere else. Now, maybe some of them could have come in and earned minutes? But they were too scared to try.

This is unintentional comedy gold right here.

Poor Reeves, he couldn’t find any other school willing to take him, so he was forced to return just to be a mop up practice scrub. LOL.

That’s gotta be one of the dumbest takes in this board’s history.

These dudes don’t understand that they should only be reviving these things after the season. We’ve played two tournament teams and Reeves shit the bed both times. They like getting amped up on what he does against inferior teams, on a much more loaded roster.

Let’s all just revisit this in March.
It's a level of weird pettiness that I'll never understand. I can't imagine waking up today, after that game, and thinking 'I need to go dig through old posts about Reeves and call out a random person'. Weirdo stuff. Dude probably high fived himself, lol.

It's a level of weird pettiness that I'll never understand. I can't imagine waking up today, after that game, and thinking 'I need to go dig through old posts about Reeves and call out a random person'. Weirdo stuff. Dude probably high fived himself, lol.
It was the Jamal Mercer dude that initiated it. He has issues making rational arguments and his feelings were hurt when he got called out for it - and here we are.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
@UKBB4Ever has proven he’s a troll by not responding to ANY of the times he’s been called out on his idiotic take on Reeves. The Cincy dude is digging his heels in but at least he’s here taking the bullets.
All of this is such a weird flex. I'm not going to take the time to go back and see the other takes you guys are referencing. Waaaay better things to do. But I'm sure there's some bad takes. No clue why this Jeff clown pulled mine out. I didn't even say anything bad. Myself, and many here thought Reeves might come back disgruntled and be stat hunting. That wasn't a far out take at the time. The way we Monday morning quarterback and eat each other like this is just odd. I'm not wired petty.

Edited; "clown" redacted

Last edited:
Yep.

I don’t think many folks on this board realize just how poor a defensive player Reeves is. If Dilly and Reed can match his offensive production and play better defense, then Reeves will find himself where Wheeler did.

I was really hoping dude wouldn’t return.
yikes

All of this is such a weird flex. I'm not going to take the time to go back and see the other takes you guys are referencing. Waaaay better things to do. But I'm sure there's some bad takes. No clue why this Jeff clown pulled mine out. I didn't even say anything bad. Myself, and many here thought Reeves might come back disgruntled and be stat hunting. That wasn't a far out take at the time. The way we Monday morning quarterback and eat each other like this is just odd. I'm not wired petty.
Nah, there’s a difference to me from the takes that guys like you and the Cincy guy had on Reeves. I have no problem with a guy having an opinion and being wrong. I’ll argue with you about it, but it’s not personal.

@UKBB4Ever and his take on Reeves was so damn stupid he deserves to be hammered mercilessly. That and I’m 99% sure the guy is a troll, so I’m letting him have it. He deserves it.

I apologize man you were the first negative post I saw I will delete it okay I get hell on here all the time hell cincycat does the same thing roaming posts and ones he don't agree with call you troll hey thanks for you service

I apologize man you were the first negative post I saw I will delete it okay I get hell on here all the time hell cincycat does the same thing roaming posts and ones he don't agree with call you troll hey thanks for you service
Now, it's all good. I get it. I'll own my take. We're good.

Reactions: STL_Cat
@UKBB4Ever has proven he’s a troll by not responding to ANY of the times he’s been called out on his idiotic take on Reeves. The Cincy dude is digging his heels in but at least he’s here taking the bullets.
At least five things can happen:

1. Reeves shoots us out of the tourney, having another terrible shooting night
2. Reeves has a terrible shooting game (or more than one), but his minutes are limited and other guys step up and we make a deep run
3. Reeves has a terrible shooting game (or more than one), and others struggle too, and we get bounced prematurely
4. Reeves proves the haters wrong and has a great run through the tournament and is a key reason we cut down the nets
5. Reeves proves the haters wrong and has a great run, but our defense struggles (and he’s complicit in those struggles) and we get bounced

Let me be clear: I want #4 to happen. I want to return to this thread and be insulted, mocked, and ridiculed. But I highly doubt that will happen. I’m betting on #1, 2, or 3. And I won’t believe that Reeves can perform at a high level against elite competition over multiple games until I see it.

• Haha

2. Reeves has a terrible shooting game (or more than one), but his minutes are limited and other guys step up and we make a deep run
3. Reeves has a terrible shooting game (or more than one), and others struggle too, and we get bounced prematurely
4. Reeves proves the haters wrong and has a great run through the tournament and is a key reason we cut down the nets
5. Reeves proves the haters wrong and has a great run, but our defense struggles (and he’s complicit in those struggles) and we get bounced

Let me be clear: I want #4 to happen. I want to return to this thread and be insulted, mocked, and ridiculed. But I highly doubt that will happen. I’m betting on #1, 2, or 3. And I won’t believe that Reeves can perform at a high level against elite competition over multiple games until I see it.
Doubling down on stupidity. I cannot believe it. You've got to have extra big doorways to get that ego through the house.

A simple “I was wrong” would do the trick here.

I posted a thread on HOB last week asking for thoughts on Wagner and his ability to get his teammates involved. I had some real questions about his low assist totals and I was wondering aloud how our starting PG can be 4th on the team in assists. Wasn’t personal and I didn’t even drag the guy.

Wagner got 10 assists last night. You know who the FIRST person to post that on HOB and call it out? It was me. Point being if you have a take that in hindsight looks a little funny or god forbid you even admit you were wrong about, I’ll have a whole hell of a lot more respect for your opinions. Not that my respect matters, just saying.

A simple “I was wrong” would do the trick here.
Or, you know, we can come back to this in March. Again, my primary issue with Reeves has always been that he fails to play well more often than not against high level teams. And we’re in 2024 now, and it’s still true!

I’ll be glad to say I was wrong in March, if, in fact, I am wrong. Will you guys?

Or, you know, we can come back to this in March. Again, my primary issue with Reeves has always been that he fails to play well more often than not against high level teams. And we’re in 2024 now, and it’s still true!

I’ll be glad to say I was wrong in March, if, in fact, I am wrong. Will you guys?
Yeah. We're adults. We can admit when we made a mistake.

I posted a thread on HOB last week asking for thoughts on Wagner and his ability to get his teammates involved. I had some real questions about his low assist totals and I was wondering aloud how our starting PG can be 4th on the team in assists. Wasn’t personal and I didn’t even drag the guy.

Wagner got 10 assists last night. You know who the FIRST person to post that on HOB and call it out? It was me. Point being if you have a take that in hindsight looks a little funny or god forbid you even admit you were wrong about, I’ll have a whole hell of a lot more respect for your opinions. Not that my respect matters, just saying.
But you weren’t wrong just based on one game in which Wagner passed the ball out to a 7’3” guy that was on fire lol. Wagner has failed to penetrate and dish well this year. One game doesn’t change that and make your take a bad one. Just like one game where he goes 2/3 from deep won’t change the fact that he’s 31% on the year.

• Haha

Absolutely anything can happen in March. I’m not guaranteeing anything. What I’m saying is, the take that “we don’t need Reeves back” and “he won’t be anything but a practice player for us” and “he’ll barely get off the bench by February” were ALL idiotic regardless of what happens in March at this point. Digging your heels in on this is a bad look. But not as bad as @UKBB4Ever who just refuses to even own up to it.

For what it’s worth, he’s the only dude I thought was worth calling out about Reeves because I truly believe he’s a troll. But you’re digging a little hole for yourself here. Just own it.

But you weren’t wrong just based on one game in which Wagner passed the ball out to a 7’3” guy that was on fire lol. Wagner has failed to penetrate and dish well this year. One game doesn’t change that and make your take a bad one. Just like one game where he goes 2/3 from deep won’t change the fact that he’s 31% on the year.
I revisited it and gave the guy the credit he deserved. I’m not the type of guy to dig my heels in on a take and not budge when new information comes in

-I thought that Peyton Manning couldn't survive in a league transitioning to mobile QBs. (Didn't want Leaf either though)

-I thought Tim Duncan wouldn't be athletic enough to excel in the NBA.

Oops.
I argued that Leaf would be a better pro than Manning.

I also thought Andre Woodson would have a better NFL career than Matt Ryan.

I revisited it and gave the guy the credit he deserved. I’m not the type of guy to dig my heels in on a take and not budge when new information comes in
I think you need more new information than that. If he has zero dimes against SC, you going back to that thread with more new information?

I think you need more new information than that. If he has zero dimes against SC, you going back to that thread with more new information?
I think that’s the problem with guys like you. Everything is so black and white and once you have an opinion there’s no room for nuance.

I’m still not sold that Wagner is the guy who does a great job getting his teammates involved. He doesn’t see the floor the way a guy like Reed Sheppard does. He did however have a really great game last night, did something I hadn’t seen him do yet this year, and he deserved the kudos for it. It’s not that difficult.

Absolutely anything can happen in March. I’m not guaranteeing anything. What I’m saying is, the take that “we don’t need Reeves back” and “he won’t be anything but a practice player for us” and “he’ll barely get off the bench by February” were ALL idiotic regardless of what happens in March at this point. Digging your heels in on this is a bad look. But not as bad as @UKBB4Ever who just refuses to even own up to it.

For what it’s worth, he’s the only dude I thought was worth calling out about Reeves because I truly believe he’s a troll. But you’re digging a little hole for yourself here. Just own it.
Honestly, didn’t go back to read through exactly what I said. I see some now. Thought it could be a team cancer situation with regard to playing time, etc. Yep, I was wrong about that. The guys seem to be okay with their roles. And yes, I was wrong about him being benched because of the freshman. That has as much to do with whom Cal chooses to give minutes to as anything - but still - I was wrong. He plays the second most minutes.

If you know my post history on this issue -my primary issue with AR is his performances against high level competition. On this matter, we will have to come back in March.

I think that’s the problem with guys like you. Everything is so black and white and once you have an opinion there’s no room for nuance.

I’m still not sold that Wagner is the guy who does a great job getting his teammates involved. He doesn’t see the floor the way a guy like Reed Sheppard does. He did however have a really great game last night, did something I hadn’t seen him do yet this year, and he deserved the kudos for it. It’s not that difficult.
Well, I don’t know the context of the conversation you were a part of. I happen to think that f we get bounced earlier than we should, Wagner and/or Reeves will have the most to do with it. But I can see nuance. There is a scenario in which these guys play a huge part in us making a deep run. I just think the former is more probable, based on what I’ve seen.

Problem with a thread like this is it will be bumped up if Reeves has an off game in the tournament.

I think it’s pretty clear that him coming back was huge for this team but if he plays bad in March/April we know what will be said :

you already are insulted, mocked, and ridiculed. I guess it pays to be so negative

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT