ADVERTISEMENT

Reed Sheppard Game-Winner

Did you mention anything about the 3 bigs screwing us tonight? I'll hang up and listen now.
You know without their points we lose as well as we only win by one?

You act like I’m shitting over Reed when I just said what actually happened on the court. Facts must irritate you.

Thanks. I appreciate the call..

Clutch. Stud. Not a Mickey D for some odd reason. lol
"lol" indeed.

6517_11512_12271_PA_RS-L

Go for it. Just sayin he did compliment him.
Cal's first comment about Reed: "Well, I was about to choke him when he threw the ball deep.."

Third comment was about Reed "taking a 40 footer with Cal saying, 'Are you sh*tting me?'"

Yes, Cal complimented Reed for about 6 seconds. Incredible stuff, and needed to be prompted by a direct question from the female reporter. A riveting six seconds of praise for a kid who played the best game of the season.

Cal's first comment about Reed: "Well, I was about to choke him when he threw the ball deep.."

Third comment was about Reed "taking a 40 footer with Cal saying, 'Are you sh*tting me?'"

Yes, Cal complimented Reed for about 6 seconds. Incredible stuff, and needed to be prompted by a direct question from the female reporter. A riveting six seconds of praise for a kid who played the best game of the season.
I’m not defending Cal. Cheez-its.

You could see Reed clapping and calling for the ball all the way down the court. DJ dribbles into a double team, passes to Sheppard and the rest is history. Cal telling DJ to go win the game is stupid if he did.
Cal knows the fanbase is enamored with Reed and it’s just a repeat of last year and the Bennie lineup crap. If DJ had made the game winning shot Cal would’ve talked for an hour about it.
I have zero problem with DJ as a person, he seems like a good kid. His game needs a lot of work IMO. My problem is with Cal and the way he uses him ahead of better players.
I’m tickled to death the Cats pulled this one out, and I’ll be tickled to death when Cal is gone.

Thank god Cal has Kentucky Jesus to bail him out, but WHYYYYYYY would you not foul up 3?!?!?! Same thing cost us in the Florida game and it damn near happened again tonight. Anyways, I’m naming my first child Reed
The kid shot a 30 footer with 10 seconds on the clock! You do NOT foul with 10 seconds on the clock! I hate Cal more than anyone but you have to bleed the clock some.

That pass nearly cost us the game. Those are facts. He also was the reason we won. Both are true. I know. I know. Everything has to be black and white in this fan base.

Well, no, but it was one turnover. Reed had 32 points while shooting 78.5%, led the team in rebounds, led the team in assists (with 7), had 2 steals, 2 blocks, committed only 1 foul in 35 minutes, and had 2 turnovers.

The rest of the team had 8 turnovers, all of them just as costly as the one you’re calling Reed out for. One guy had a turnover and 2 fouls, one of them that put State in a position to tie the game, while scoring zero points in 12 minutes. But he didn’t almost cost us the game?

Reactions: KFuqua
How did Wagner almost cost us?

We don’t win without him tonight.
He took the inbounds pass and Sheppard was clapping his hands to give it to him but Wagner kept going and had intentions of going left to the basket before he was cut off. Thankfully he passed it to Sheppard, who was on fire and wasn't going to miss. Wagner had three assists, hit a three and some big free throws.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but did anyone else see Big Z's reaction on the shot? He was next to Chin and I swear he's saying "I told you Coach"!!!!

Great game and great win. We have won 2 in a row but the sad part is that we are now within a half game of 4th place South Carolina. Let that sink in. Almost in fourth place behind that yearly basketball power South Carolina. Just wow. At worst we should be 24-4. Fighting for a double bye in our tournament. How the mighty have fallen.

Well, no, but it was one turnover. Reed had 32 points while shooting 78.5%, led the team in rebounds, led the team in assists (with 7), had 2 steals, 2 blocks, committed only 1 foul in 35 minutes, and had 2 turnovers.

The rest of the team had 8 turnovers, all of them just as costly as the one you’re calling Reed out for. One guy had a turnover and 2 fouls, one of them that put State in a position to tie the game, while scoring zero points in 12 minutes. But he didn’t almost cost us the game?
It led to a MSU three that could've gone to OT and we all know how we are in OT. Luckily, he was on fire and hit the shot to win the game. It was just a bad pass at a bad time, not saying he's the spawn of the devil nor discounting his amazing performance. Geez.

If he's a Top 10 lottery pick, he's gone. Because if he came back, and then has a career ending injury he loses millions.
As of right now, from what I have heard, not on here, there is a good chance he will be back. Could change, but as of right now, positive for the program.

The way he started clapping for the ball the second he inbounded it. He knew he was hitting that shot!
Yeah, I saw that, too. He was calling for the ball immediately. I was afraid DJ was gonna try to make a play or take a wild shot instead. But it probably worked out better the way it happened, with DJ driving inside the 3pt line and then dishing off to Reed to drive into the lane.

But there is no doubt, Reed wanted that ball and he had confidence he would take that shot and make it. You gotta admire that. He's a rare player, to be sure. And man, did we ever need that win! Great win! :D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT