ADVERTISEMENT

Reds

I assume they will turn back to Stoudt. Also in AAA they have Alec Mills with experience as a starter in MLB with the Cubs though he is along the lines of another Luke Weaver. Wish they had kept Chase Anderson around. Prior to his last start vs the Braves, was having a great season with the Rockies. It's time to give Levi Stoudt a real chance here instead of spot starts to see if he is going to have a future with the Reds. Both Lyon Richardson & Connor Phillips are progressing nicely this season and very well could be joining the Reds in 2024.

I really don't understand playing Votto at 1B and I'm not sure what value he adds today but I agree with Larkin. At some point Votto will add value whether he's in the lineup or on the bench. May not be until September or October hopefully. I think today at age 39, if you play Votto you do it as a DH or he's another bench coach. Steer needs all the reps he can get at 1B and so far he's more than held his own as a ROY candidate.

Reds did their job, 9 wins in a row now and this is now 24 consecutive saves converted by Alexis Diaz. Arizona up 8-1 on Milwaukee. What a deep lineup when last year Tyler Stephenson was the best hitter before the collarbone injury and have him batting 8th tonight. CES still to come in this lineup.

Reactions: terryinbham
Helluva return for Votto. With the DH now, it's worth seeing what the man can offer this team once healthy after a serious injury and 1 year removed from a productive season with 36 HR & 99 RBIs. Played with a torn rotator cuff since 2015.

Reds did their job, 9 wins in a row now and this is now 24 consecutive saves converted by Alexis Diaz. Arizona up 8-1 on Milwaukee. What a deep lineup when last year Tyler Stephenson was the best hitter before the collarbone injury and have him batting 8th tonight. CES still to come in this lineup.
Got it in just in time, looks like rain behind Votto.

Reds just took over 1st place with Milwaukee's 9-1 loss to Arizona. First time with sole possession of the lead in the Central since April 20, 2021.

Last edited:
Have to give David Bell a lot of credit for the job he is doing managing this team going from a 100 loss team to sitting in 1st Place on June 19th! Krall made some great trades, the organization drafted well and made the right signings for international players like EDLC to develop and piece together a very exciting young team. Even the old guy Votto turned back the clock tonight. Joey sounded very sincere in his postgame interview when talking to the fans looking directly into the camera about how he feels about this team and knows what all we've been through over the years.

MLB Network analysts talking about them saying the Reds are not a fluke, a team on the rise and have a boat load of talent. Building from within and not being big spenders to get where they are. NL Central a mess, no reason the Reds can't win this. Buying the Reds and the buzz around the fan base about this team. Give this fan base something to be excited for and they will see the support.

Reactions: The-Hack
Serious competition going on for the 26 man roster. IMHO the roster is set after they add CES. Hope they trade Will Myers. Who do you send to Louisville when they call up CES. RN probably Fairchild.

Serious competition going on for the 26 man roster. IMHO the roster is set after they add CES. Hope they trade Will Myers. Who do you send to Louisville when they call up CES. RN probably Fairchild.
Myers needs to be DFA'd. Can't imagine anyone out there wanting him when he could be picked up for next to nothing off the waiver wire where he belongs if Cincinnati would just release him. Dead weight.

The good thing I guess though is that none of the injuries are arm related.
That's the good news. Of course, hip/leg injury could cause one to alter delivery that could effect shoulder/elbow I guess. One thing they'll be guarding against.

With the Reds atop the division, and management finally looking like their getting their heads removed from their rear ends, I took the Bag off my head and changed my avatar.

Needed to happen. There are a couple more that should be shopped as well. I think Newman might be a good trade deadline bargaining chip the way he's been playing and would make room for CES. Package him and Senzel for a decent starting pitcher.

Anybody on here with more knowledge than me, know which Starting Pitchers might be available on the market as a trade deadline possibility?

Needed to happen. There are a couple more that should be shopped as well. I think Newman might be a good trade deadline bargaining chip the way he's been playing and would make room for CES. Package him and Senzel for a decent starting pitcher.

Anybody on here with more knowledge than me, know which Starting Pitchers might be available on the market as a trade deadline possibility?
Names I've seen are 2-3 White Sox guys and a Cardinal. Price will be really high, lots of others interested too but I haven't seen Reds mentioned with them. Go to mlb.com, they usually have trade speculation articles.

Last edited:
Names I've seen are 2-3 White Sox guys and a Cardinal. Price will be really high, lots of others interested too but I haven't seen Reds mentioned with them. Go to mlb.com, they usually have trade speculation articles.
Yep. Dylan Cease of the White Sox and Corbin Burns from the Brewers seem to be the 2 most talked about. And Flaherty from the Cards.

Either way, a move needs to be made for a pitcher. And soon.

One issue taken care of with Myers. Casali could be next but Newman has done nothing but perform well the past month or so. Senzel had possibly his biggest Reds moments already but hit a HR yesterday and has also helped win games. These guys are just pushing each other and Myers got hurt at the wrong time I guess.

I assume the SP's will return and with a 6-man rotation, maybe the Reds aren't thinking about picking up another one. You have to trade someone good to get someone good and not sure Krall knows which one is expendable yet. The young injury history of Lodolo and Greene is concerning though.

Yep. Dylan Cease of the White Sox and Corbin Burns from the Brewers seem to be the 2 most talked about. And Flaherty from the Cards.

Either way, a move needs to be made for a pitcher. And soon.
Just can't see Brewers trading Burns, they'll likely contend for NLC all season.

Have seen Cease/Flaherty mentioned but not to Reds. Agree Reds need to move, afraid it may cost them CES/Marte type talent.

Eduardo Rodriguez in Detroit would be another trade target. Also of the White Sox, Lucas Giolito who is having a better season than Dylan Cease. Would be shocked to see the Cardinals ship Flaherty to a division rival or Corbin Burnes to the Reds as they couldn't afford him. Milwaukee must trade Burnes at this point. Not been near as productive as his previous seasons of the past and as the MLB Network analysts said, he is pissed with how his arbitration case went so it's really all between the ears with him. There are rumors of Shane Bieber though he would require multiple top prospects and Cincinnati unlikely to afford him in free agency.

Remains to be seen how aggressive the Reds want to be in this. None of these guys mentioned will come without parting with some top prospects. A lot of teams are still in the 'mix' for the postseason at the moment. Perhaps a pitcher like Kyle Freeland & German Marquez from a team like the Rockies out of contention would be willing to move him. Brad Keller of the Royals would be the cheaper end of the spectrum that would eat innings and bring experience to the team. Has had some decent seasons with KC.

Last edited:
Just don't think the Reds can get it done with the current starting rotation they have. Lodolo, Ashcraft and Greene all on the IL. They are going to have to make a couple trades.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT