ADVERTISEMENT

Really liking Kerr Kriisa a lot, for this one reason alone..

I like this kid. But I’ve only watched his YouTube highlight clips. Haven’t seen the turnovers people are talking about tho. What kind of turnovers are they?

Reactions: Fox2monk
The consensus I've seen on Reddit is he's a huge shit-talker. Opposing fans hate him, he's basically Marshall Henderson 2.0. And from what I've gathered, he'll talk it whether he's lighting you up or he just hit his first three in eleven attempts. Arizona fans and WVU fans both seemed to like him though. Be interested to see his role here. I think he started all season for WVU, but I think he'll come off the bench here.

I like this kid. But I’ve only watched his YouTube highlight clips. Haven’t seen the turnovers people are talking about tho. What kind of turnovers are they?

A lot of them I saw was players not being ready to catch the ball vs being in a bad position to catch the ball. Some were just bad passes tho and trying to over dribble through traffic.

Reactions: Fox2monk
The consensus I've seen on Reddit is he's a huge shit-talker. Opposing fans hate him, he's basically Marshall Henderson 2.0. And from what I've gathered, he'll talk it whether he's lighting you up or he just hit his first three in eleven attempts. Arizona fans and WVU fans both seemed to like him though. Be interested to see his role here. I think he started all season for WVU, but I think he'll come off the bench here.
So he’s the type to wear “HeHateMe” on a jersey?

😂

If you knew nothing but that he had led a Power 5 conference in assists for two straight years, shot over 40 percent from three for a season, started at PG for a team that won 33 games in a major conference, and has more career triple doubles than all Kentucky players combined over the past 35 years, you'd say "that guy can play for us."

And yes, I know there are ways to selectively site his statistics that are not impressive. But aren't we of the opinion this Pope staff can get the best from players, as he seemed to at BYU?

Last edited:
Looks like he is really into the game all the time not taking time off here and there. Opportunity to add more excitement in Rupp not to mention every visiting arena we go to. Crowds are going to be more animated and louder. Can already see Kerr and Chin going nose to nose when AR comes to town.

It will be interesting to see Kentucky have a "villain" on it's roster (if any of that above info is true).. We haven't really had one in quite some time. Maybe Demarcus Cousins. I remember the Twins sometimes rubbed opposing fans the wrong way.

But really... we've been pretty good here. Not a whole lot of unlikable players to play for Kentucky..

Now.. Kansas and Duke on the other hand.. lmfao.

It’s funny the way Middle European guys seem to pick up English really well and it must be nuance they add from their languages, because it’s like this characteristic of stark honesty that is really funny. Dirk was the same way, like how he was in the middle of a soft spoken and thoughtful answer and then squashes a bug on the table 😂😂 Doncic runs his mouth like crazy and is always saying hilarious stuff in sorta broken, but well enunciated English. Shoot, Jokic too for sure. Like you ask him about a playoff run and he’s like “the season is so long I just want to get home and spend time with my horses”. The Euros have been great for the game man!

vMK49SE.jpeg

I like that that the young kids we have been bringing in honed their skills against the likes of Madison Central and Jackson County and this guy has a youtube video competing against Luka Doncic--and wanted to fight him.

Sounds like a major trash talker but, really enjoying his sport and maybe prides himself in getting in the head of the opposition…will be fun to watch.

Best catch and shoot guy in the whole NCAA by the numbers is what I heard this morning

Did we get ALL the best catch n shoot players in the portal?

I’m really excited to watch some aggressive basketball this season. I don’t know who we will beat, or what the final outcome will be, but I know we are going to play fast. I can’t wait.

I’ve only seen YT highlights as well but some of the assists he makes gives me an idea where the turnovers happen. He has some cool one handed, high-anticipation lobs and bounce passes in the PnR that I can easily imagine getting picked off or broken up for a TO. I’m guessing it’s that kind of thing, more than someone picking his pocket while walking up the court.

A San Diego writer said that Butler 'is not a point guard.' Said he 'does not have the vision a lot of point guards have.' Said to be a good driver and an exceptional defender. So it's no looking like Pope got Butler to be his one. That vision as a one is something you have it or you don't growing up. So do we really only have one true point guard with Kerr?

What are you on about? No one is being negative in this thread.

You can’t talk any sense to that poster.

It’s absolutely hilarious watching people bash people because they “think” they are acting the exact same way they were acting just a few short months ago.

It’s okay to be negative if you disagree with the coach. But by god you better not be honest while they’re trying to cope.

You can’t talk any sense to that poster.

It’s absolutely hilarious watching people bash people because they “think” they are acting the exact same way they were acting just a few short months ago.

It’s okay to be negative if you disagree with the coach. But by god you better not be honest while they’re trying to cope.
So many strawmen. You say you're not sure about this signing due to his shooting numbers. Which gets turned into ''you're just used to Cal's 5 star recruits''.

He gets the shits just like the rest of us do when eating Mexican. A man of the people.

But in all seriousness, like his interviews already. Very well spoken, almost "coach" like, with the way he has his arms folded in that video,
He seems like a dude will will yak 6 3’s against Louisville and shit talk the whole arena while doing it. I think if he has a good game in a place like that people will love him.

Don't know about "HeHateMe" but he does wear Kerr on the back of his jersey not Kriisa. He mom goes to all the games. Seems like a character. Really gets into the games. I like that.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
This kid's a baller.

I think the issue for UK fans is that we were used to Cal sucking with elite talent so often that we've been conditioned to believe that without guys like Towns, Wall, and Davis on the roster, we can't compete for a Final Four.

That's why so many of our fans went berzerko over not landing Davis.

They've told themselves, "Without a guy capable of giving us 18/game, we are going to be a 2nd round exit team."

It's mostly because Cal was awful at getting the most from good players. I don't think we'll have that problem with Pope.

Im in the TBD with him. If he comes in and shows that last season wasn't a fluke shooting wise, I will admit that I was wrong about him. I don't not like him, though. Far from that. I think he brings a fiery attitude, tremendous confidence in himself, and a great love for the game.

I also like the fact that he could have gotten tf out of dodge last season at WVU and instead not only honored his commitment, but had the best season of his career playing with lesser talent than he did at Arizona. That says a lot about his growth as a person.

Sounds like a major trash talker but, really enjoying his sport and maybe prides himself in getting in the head of the opposition…will be fun to watch.
I don't mind that at all, so long as it stops short of the Ernie Grunfeld level.
I'm trying to remember that basketball comedy where one player gets so mad at the trash talker he takes to chasing him around the court. "Sorry for bringing yo mama home so late sat night," and the chasing begins.

Last edited:
Some were guys not being ready to receive his passes. Many were about trying to do too much. And in his defense, West VA wasn't very good and he seemed to be trying to win the game for them. He does try to make the amazing play at times when it isn't really there. I think some of that could be fixed by playing on a really good team where he doesn't feel like he's got to work miracles. And the rest could be addressed with good coaching. You don't want to take away every turnover because that would likely mean he's not making plays like he can. You don't mind a few, just not as many as he's had.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT