ADVERTISEMENT

Real reason we lost, same as 7 of the 8 other losses

Who put this roster together?
1cBbTlu.png

I was at the game and a Texas a&m player checked in and slapped his chest, arms and thighs super hard. I knew we were beat then. It's basically football on a hard court with a round ball.

You play a bubble team, you better ignore their record for the season and be ready for war. I’ll agree with anyone that says the refs sucked, but it was obvious from start to finish which team wanted this win the most and they got it.
Exactly.
IMO, the UT win cost us this game.
The team was over celebrated all week long.
The intensity just wasn't there tonight as aTM won the effort battle hands down

Reactions: rivercatinfl
They were manhandled and typical bad defense, but I just read quick takes and had no idea A&M was ranked 350th in the nation in 3-point shooting...out of 351 teams. Seriously? And they make 11 3s? That's just nuts.

Reactions: Greatestalltime
I was at the game and a Texas a&m player checked in and slapped his chest, arms and thighs super hard. I knew we were beat then. It's basically football on a hard court with a round ball.
Sounds like he was mething around with Crystal in the pregame or something and I don't mean a female. He probably don't even meth with females.

They were manhandled and typical bad defense, but I just read quick takes and had no idea A&M was ranked 350th in the nation in 3-point shooting...out of 351 teams. Seriously? And they make 11 3s? That's just nuts.
They were WIDE-OPEN 3's. That percentage you're quoting is predicated on teams at least guarding the perimeter. Cal is too chicken shit to call his guys out on their defense. He's worried that if he takes them out they'll score 70-80 points and lose everytime. I can't hide out. I will not let a guy hold my team hostage. Oh, and his new phrase: they played out of their minds. No, Cal, you coach like you're don't have a brain.

Yes, when players gets rode like a horse all the way to the basket with a no call and then loses the ball. It’s kind of hard to do anything.
Then we are involved with very little contact at the other end and it’s, of course, a foul.

Timely questionable fouls helped them more than most realize.

Cal has done his typical terrible job of coaching this team, but this team gets nothing from anyone over 6’5”.

Reactions: ala_kat2
They were WIDE-OPEN 3's. That percentage you're quoting is predicated on teams at least guarding the perimeter. Cal is too chicken shit to call his guys out on their defense. He's worried that if he takes them out they'll score 70-80 points and lose everytime. I can't hide out. I will not let a guy hold my team hostage. Oh, and his new phrase: they played out of their minds. No, Cal, you coach like you're don't have a brain.
We don't have a good defensive player on the entire team.
We have some guys who can make defensive plays, blocks steals etc.
We have no one who can go out and lock a guy down though.

We have not been able to keep guys out of the paint from the perimeter all year & of course last night was a perfect example. If you’re trying to pressure a guy 30 ft from the basket & he continues to get around you, what should you do??? How about take a step back and not make it so easy & also those drives leads to help D then kick it out for a wide open 3 or it sets you up for great offensive rebound position from the defensive rotation.

The only person nba ready is Rob, he’s not the best defensively but nba refs don’t call the stupidity on the perimeter like they do in the SEC. You could tell Rob was frustrated with the refs early on when Taylor hooked him but yet he got the foul.

Texas A&M scored over 90 two times this season - both against UK. That's not a coincidence. Our coaching staff has fixed none of our issues. If a team is hitting those wide open shots we give them, we will lose. Guaranteed. Auburn couldn't hit them or that would have been an L. If TN had hit them in the first half, we'd have lost there too.

I keep wondering why Cal is afraid to recruit strong dudes. Does he just have a creepy "thing" for the skinny ones like Skal and Sarr and Bradshaw (as my friends and I joke when we're watching games) or is there some other inexplicable factor? We NEVER have the strength to battle inside. WTF?

The reason we lost is the same reason they beat us the last time, we changed nothing since that last loss to them. Their coach took advantage of every flaw this team has, and out coached our do nothing coach.
Same wide open threes, layups, and one even the same 97 points. So much for game prep. If there had been the same effort prepping as there was screaming at players and refs we may have won.

Reactions: jrm693 and know1
The reason we lost is the same reason they beat us the last time, we changed nothing since that last loss to them. Their coach took advantage of every flaw this team has, and out coached our do nothing coach.
Spot on.

No your Cal is a selfish sob!
Might have something to do with it
Not “my Cal”. I’m not a Cal supporter.
But I do support the team.
The point of this post was to address the real reason we lost, not some superficial reason like we didn’t start the right guys; and to point out what type of NCAA-T teams/games may give us trouble.

Reactions: crestcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT