ADVERTISEMENT

Reading all the anti-Cal on here reminds me of that 10 year comment

Coaches have expiration dates in every sport. In the NFL, even legendary coaches like Tom Landry, Chuck Noll, and maybe now Bill Belichick hit theirs and tend to hang on a little longer than they should. I feel like this is starting to hold true for long-time current coaches like John Harbaugh and Mike Tomlin.

Kentucky and the pressure of this job tend to accelerate that. Here, we’ve seen Hall and Tubby burn out after a decade or more. We are seeing the overt signs of Cal hitting his expiration date. Some may argue that time has already passed. Hopefully we turn it around this year but if this season ends in the same result as last year or worse, Kentucky should really look at the options beyond Calipari.

I understand Faaar Cal is not realistic. But he just canNOT continue to underproduce and stay here.

At UK, this is a team that will have plenty of senior day representation.

No excuses, this team has plenty of game experience, plenty of last game mistakes.
Key words in your post, "will have". The biggest effect all the negativity can have is to make some very good recruits change their minds. Is there even one poster on here that thinks they can get him fired now? I see NOTHING positive happening from all the negativity this early, wait until the end of the year to make some of our recruits have second thoughts.

If a coach can win then he can stay a hundred years. The problem is he’s not winning. The 10 year timetable is just a coincidence.

Cal damn near left 2 times. Once to coach the cavs. The twins disrupted that. Then he almost went to ucla. The lifetime contract was born from that. I often wonder if he has regret over sticking in Lexington.

Simply no excuses this year. The team is a veteran team where it needs to be.

The mix of new talent should be a complement, not a focal point of the team.

We 'should' have the shooters, but it hasn't shown so far.

Our road games are going to define us.
You would think this team was full of Freshman 2 and 3 stars.

That 10 years might be about the limitation a coach can handle this job.

It happened to some of the best that have been here, and Pitino could have been the exception.

Remember the comments when JoeB was getting at the end? Was anyone really distraught to see him leave?

Tubby? That was something that probably went a couple of years too long. Then he bolts for Minnesota, but was anyone really unhappy to see it happen?

I just see this position as these guys just simply get compensated so much, they don't have to change anything or are even willing to change things. Someone mentioned Cal just brings in guys who just answer to him and I see that and it has always been that way. This lifetime contract is going to be hard to overcome, because a Cal disciple should not even be considered for the next hire.

The fanbase knows its time for a fresh look. I give the fanbase credit for the demanding expectations.
On target.

Reactions: KMKAT
Key words in your post, "will have". The biggest effect all the negativity can have is to make some very good recruits change their minds. Is there even one poster on here that thinks they can get him fired now? I see NOTHING positive happening from all the negativity this early, wait until the end of the year to make some of our recruits have second thoughts.
If they are watching our games that should give them second thoughts

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT