ADVERTISEMENT

RBs

mrschwump

All-American
Nov 4, 2006
Paper thin. Traynum still out and now true freshman Jason Patterson listed as "doubtful" for GA. True freshman Mizelll still recovering from major surgery. Just leaves Demi and Wilcox and Wilcox DNP vs SCAR. Don't know what Patterson's injury is but Game Three and already down to only two RBs.

Maybe we’ll see some sets with Winsatt a little more.
I feel like our best chance at actually winning the games we should and possibly pulling an upset lies with Gavin and our 3 RB's.
The Gran offense that emphasizes ball control keeps our defense fresh and hi powered offenses on the sidelines.
It's obvious that our Oline is much better at run blocking than pass blocking. Couple that with the fact our QB has poor pocket presence and our receivers aren't the most disciplined route runners, I can't see the passing game taking off.
Our deep TE room also helps this scheme as Anderson could be used as a wideout(don't know if we have any willing blockers in the WR room).

Last edited:
I feel like our best chance at actually winning the games we should and possibly pulling an upset lies with Gavin and our 3 RB's.
The Gran offense that emphasizes ball control keeps our defense fresh and hi powered offenses on the sidelines.
It's obvious that our Oline is much better at run blocking than pass blocking. Couple that with the fact our QB has poor pocket presence and our receivers aren't the most disciplined route runners, I can't see the passing game taking off.
Our deep TE room also helps this scheme as Anderson could be used as a wideout(don't know if we have any willing blockers in the ER room).
Totally agree. Wimsatt’s not Lynn Bowden but he is a viable option in the passing game.

Knew we was one short before the season at RB and WR. Can Wimsatt play RB? A bruiser like that would be nice. Did you see the time Wimsatt ran it and a defender was going to put a hard lick on him but Wimsatt put his shoulder down and went right through him.

Not good. I could tell 2nd quarter both backs were somehow gassed. Thats the only reason they stopped us on the run. No clue how our guys arent in better shape.

Wont be a game where we can run the ball anyway, but Georgia is so physical we are always beat up after. So if we're beat up before, it isnt good. UT literally won at least two games in recent years (probably more) because we played them immediately after and were down a bunch of guys.

This will be a fact of life in this new insane sec. A meat grinder where you better be legitimately good in your two deep or its trouble. Most guys wont make it an entire season.

^BBI,
I, too, wondered how the RBs were so tired in the 2nd quarter. I mean, the weather was ideal. Presumably, they have worked their way into shape. So, how come? BTW, our OL looks soft and weak, also. I've asked in other threads if our S&C staff is any good. From the evidence on the field, I have my doubts.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
^BBI,
I, too, wondered how the RBs were so tired in the 2nd quarter. I mean, the weather was ideal. Presumably, they have worked their way into shape. So, how come? BTW, our OL looks soft and weak, also. I've asked in other threads if our S&C staff is any good. From the evidence on the field, I have my doubts.

OL looked really strong in the run game. Jager is weak for sure but always has been. Theyll play him til the wheels fall off for whatever reason. So I don't think its an s&c problem.

I think its a position coach problem and one guy being really undersized. Whatever it was, never saw two guys gas out so early. It literally impacted the rest of the game because those guys were basically done at that point. They dont trust Wilcox but if we're going heavy run they have to give him reps if that was their ceiling.

OL looked really strong in the run game. Jager is weak for sure but always has been. Theyll play him til the wheels fall off for whatever reason. So I don't think its an s&c problem.

I think its a position coach problem and one guy being really undersized. Whatever it was, never saw two guys gas out so early. It literally impacted the rest of the game because those guys were basically done at that point. They dont trust Wilcox but if we're going heavy run they have to give him reps if that was their ceiling.
I’ve heard Jager’s parents are big donors so Stoops is just trying to keep them happy would be my guess.

When you say Jager is weak, what are you referring to?
His physical strength or his overall game?
I was told that Jager was a weight room warrior so if that's true his problems must be technique or understanding the scheme.

I’ve heard Jager’s parents are big donors so Stoops is just trying to keep them happy would be my guess.

No idea about the finances. I do know for a fact they are extremely influential in the local highschool football scene. That alone undoubtedly carries weight.

When you say Jager is weak, what are you referring to?
His physical strength or his overall game?
I was told that Jager was a weight room warrior so if that's true his problems must be technique or understanding the scheme.

Overall game. Weight room strength is totally different from field strength. Hes a bit undersized which doesn't help but hes consistently been the lowest performer of that group. Before the season, i posted him starting or not will speak volumes. Dylan ray is much better but.... guess it doesn't matter.

At least this year he is finally not missing assignments. So that is an improvement.

Dont get me wrong - definitely not hating in the kid or his family. They all seem nice and tight knit. He just hasnt lived up to expectations.

I was told Burton is one of the strongest players on the team. His technique is terrible. Gets out of position. No base off balanced.

It was a huge mistake not to pickup another RB from the portal. Wimsatt is going to have to be the 2nd or 3rd running back from the wildcat.

Thought they might get the Martinez kid from Oregon State who is really good, but lost him to Miami in the end.
Yeah, focused on he and Peny Boone and missed on both. Boone, thought to be headed to U6 at one point, landed at UCF. I fretted over the RB room all off season, knew they could end up short handed just didn't think it'd happen after 2 friggin' games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT