ADVERTISEMENT

Rap Thread

This is the most disrespectful, savage diss track since "Hit 'em Up"...

Pusha T has been in my top 5 for years. 41 and still killing it.

Yea, problem is I don’t think this is one drake can respond to. I hope we still get to hear the other tracks pusha has for drake though, but this isn’t really a beef that can prosper.

Then when he savagely attacked drakes lil sick producer :joy:.

How does the “industry” respond to this. Push severely crossed PC lines.

Yea, problem is I don’t think this is one drake can respond to. I hope we still get to hear the other tracks pusha has for drake though, but this isn’t really a beef that can prosper.

Then when he savagely attacked drakes lil sick producer :joy:.

How does the “industry” respond to this. Push severely crossed PC lines.

Yeah. I can't see Drake being able to respond to this with anywhere near the same fire as Push.

I like both, never got the Drake hate. But he can't win this one.

His best plan is to act like he's above this silly nonsense and throw some PC shade towards push for talking about children, or some crap. His base would love that. Maybe have a telethon for immigrant children stuck at the border or something.

lmaoooo this pic is real, and it was Drake's idea.

drake-in-black-face.png

Interestingly good commentary from these diss tracks. The anti-drake crowd basically said that Drake can come back with anything (might not even be his own writing) and the masses will claim it's a victory...

They ain't wrong.

No, they wrong, and are severely underestimating Pusha's base. He's definitely more respected than Drake and has a fan base almost as white/uppity/hipsterish, plus he's got the whole other side of hip hop fans.

His only play is to be offended and act like he's above this bs. Or just laugh it off. He needs this to go away.

Well, they are wrong that Drake won. He didn't (disclaimer, I'm FIRMLY in Pusha T's camp and he's been a top5 for me since Grindin').. but they are right in the sense that Drake can almost come back with next to nothing and still win.

But I see your point. The real hip-hop world knows who won, even if the Drake fans have no idea who..or better yet,what.. Pusha T embodies.

OK, i guess I'm confused.

Drake hasn't even started...well, he half-assingly started something that he won't be able to finish. Not sure what he was thinking with that. He literally has nothing he can say to Pusha, and the more this drags on (blackface, dead beat dad, etc etc...) the worse it is for his brand.

Idk anything other than what Pusha said in this interview. Drake's got some splaining to do.

OK, i guess I'm confused.

Drake hasn't even started...well, he half-assingly started something that he won't be able to finish. Not sure what he was thinking with that. He literally has nothing he can say to Pusha, and the more this drags on (blackface, dead beat dad, etc etc...) the worse it is for his brand.

Mash you slipping!

This was Pusha's Response, to Drake's Respons, to Pusha's 1st response. The beef was going on for years, but a few shots fired this week, starting with Pusha's Daytona album.

The Social Media buzz had Drake winning after the 1st round (didn't agree with that, but that's what happens when one of the guys is a popstar I guess).. I can't see how drake can respond to this.

RIP Drizzy

Mash you slipping!

This was Pusha's Response, to Drake's Respons, to Pusha's 1st response. The beef was going on for years, but a few shots fired this week, starting with Pusha's Daytona album.

*yawn*

There was no beef before today, tbh.

Pusha's latest was savage.

Rap beefs today are weak. Rap beefs from about 93-04 were brutal.

As far as diss tracks go, I give Pusha a C+. I took an entire grade away because the best diss tracks leave family out of the beef. But that background beat is SOLID. That’s where I added the “+” to the score

Quit the yappin for I get to clappin and have your body parts mix and matchin...FELLA

You’re not gonna slander Pusha T for this. One of the more consistent and well written artists in the last TWENTY YEARS. Drake is nowhere near his pedigree.

Not to even mention the production.

We can go down the list for days....

We’re talking about a guy who was there during cash money heyday/dipset heydey....who is way more lyrical....and he’s still here. Most of his peers left 10 years ago. When allllllll the coke rappers quit (jay included...) push was still over the stove perfecting his craft over some of the best production in the business.

PushaT was obviously meaner, but Duppy was easily the best song w/ the best beat/flow/bars of that battle so far.

Saw Clipse at Varsity Blue in college -- came out to 'When the Last Time' of course, & the place went bonkers.

Love Push, but "way more lyrical" (maybe about crack), and "nowhere near his pedigree" (on what planet)

LOLOLOL

Last edited:
"way more lyrical"

....than CMB, dipset, and certainly Drake (who is exempt from this whole discussion because he doesn't write his rhymes).

Push pen is stupid.

I still have no idea what a "duppy" is, ftr. Whatever it is, it didn't make waves.

Didn't make waves. LOL. You know exactly what it is, b/c all your little gangster fanboys you follow on Twitter wouldn't shut up about it. Drake writes his rhymes and plenty of other people's, as anyone who's worked with him will & have attested over and over. You continually talk stupid, but you aren't a gangsta bud.

2 Birds One Stone -- Pusha can't dream about bars like that.

" (maybe about crack),

About anything. pick up a thesaurus or something. good lord. Push is wayyyyy beyond drakes simple simon ass flow.

My twitter is mostly weather updates, blue bell, and cute animals.

What is a duppy? A cute animal?

Didn't make waves. LOL. You know exactly what it is, b/c all your little gangster fanboys you follow on Twitter wouldn't shut up about it. Drake writes his rhymes and plenty of other people's, as anyone who's worked with him will & have attested over and over. You continually talk stupid, but you aren't a gangsta bud.

2 Birds One Stone -- Pusha can't dream about bars like that.

It's not debatable that Pusha has a better pen game than Drake. You may prefer Drake's music, but he is no where near the lyricist Pusha is.

"Gem Star razor and a dinner plate
Arm & Hammer and a Mason jar, that's my dinner date

Then crack the window in the kitchen, let it ventilate
'Cause I let it sizzle on the stove like a minute steak

Ni**a, I was crack in the school zone
Two beepers on me, Starter jacket that was two-toned
Four lockers, four different bitches got their mule on
[URL='https://genius.com/Pusha-t-nosetalgia-lyrics#note-2216748']Black Ferris Bueller, cutting school with his jewels on
...Couldn't do wrong"[/URL]

Drake has never dropped bars like that.

Uh! whipping crack on my mama stove,
jumping out the pot like GERRRONIMOOOO (skrrrrt skrrrt)

/bbdk crack rhymes

You still ain't told me what a duppy is....or even how Drake dissed Push. He said something about Push giving his fiance a ring or something. I guess that's embarrassing.

We'll see what Drake comes back with. :joy:

If you didn't even listen to Drake's response to Infrared (which everyone, even your boy Flex, agreed he won that round) why would you listen to response if he has one?

This has been going on for years between those two, but glad you're here to tell us one side. You constantly talk about how terrible Drake is, but then always turn around and pretend like you've never listened to or heard anything from him. [eyeroll]

I very much enjoy a lot of both dude's stuff, I just have a much more diverse musical (and hip hop) palate than you. That was established a very long time ago.

I have no idea what you're talking about. "Beef" started like 2 days ago when Push said Noah Shabib was gonna die and laughed about it lmao. That's round 1. Anything before that was pre-game chatter. Like mustsleep said, we haven't seen barbs like this since 2pac. JayZ/nas was tame as hell.

Ya boy Drake per wiki...because I can't say it any better than this. Very scientific and factual explanation of why Drake sucks...

Musical style

Drake is known for his egotistical lyrics, technical ability, and integration of personal backstory when dealing with relationships with women.[230] His vocal abilities have been lauded for an audible contrast between typical hip-hop beats and melody, with sometimes abrasive rapping coupled with softer accents, delivered on technical lyricism.[231] His songs often include audible changes in lyrical pronunciation in parallel with his upbringing in Toronto, and connections with Caribbean and Middle Eastern countries which include such phrases as "ting", "touching road", "talkin' boasy" and "gwanin' wassy".[231] Most of his songs contain R&B and Canadian hip hop elements, and he combines rapping with singing.[232] He credits his father with the introduction of singing into his rap mixtapes, which have become a staple in his musical repertoire. His incorporation of melody into technically complex lyrics was supported by Lil Wayne, and has subsequently been a critically acclaimed component to Drake's singles and albums.[233] His rapping ability has been noted as "polarizing", and has contributed to him being named one of the most divisive rappers of his generation by multiple critics and media publications.[234]

Coincidentally, T-Swift's wiki says the exact same thing.

Personally, I like both. Drake has been putting out bangers consistently, especially so far this year.

"Duppy" was dope. But Push dropped today's version of "Hit 'em Up". Ruthless.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT