ADVERTISEMENT

Question for MdWildcat...

I mean, is that a bad thing? We were pretty damn good in 2014 .
Ignoring a clear problem and acting like it is fine is as bad a possible outcome as you can have. 2014 ain’t happening again, that team had a player who is 100 times better than anybody in this roster, and college basketball was completely different than it is now. Blind hope doesn’t work anymore

I like MD usually. But his calipari takes are god awful. He dunks on indiana for being a has been program. When those final fours and title by UK. Are getting further and further into the rear view mirror every year.
I used to think he was alright till I read his posts declaring how much smarter he is than most fans. Then on top of that, he insults people a lot over his love for his favorite coach JC. lol

Reactions: Random UK Fan
And for people that say there is no home run hire , Self had been to ZERO final fours and only one final eight when Kansas hired him . A lot of our fans would think that is not good enough for consideration. There are other good coaches besides the 4 or 5 always mentioned.
Our fans think you need to have 2 titles before you can come to UK. It's delusional.

He is apart of the moral high ground group that always come on here after Kentucky wins and take shots at people for being upset about the current state of the program, and then things are like they are now he is dead silent
Ok thank you for the answer. I truly appreciate it. I usually don't look at who posted something but what they post is what I see. I remember calling you an obvious Gonzaga fan last year. My bad for that.

He is apart of the moral high ground group that always come on here after Kentucky wins and take shots at people for being upset about the current state of the program, and then things are like they are now he is dead silent
Thank you. I was unsure too (even though I am browsing these message boards a lot). If anyone defends Cal, well to be nice, I would question their basketball IQ.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
I was just pointing out the guy was talking about cal starting in 2010 and saying self has more titles in that time. He doesn't
"Cal has 11 all-stars since 2010 and Self only has 1, and yet Self has more titles" has nothing to do with me making the case that Self won more titles since 2010. It's two different statements, and both of them are true.

Last edited:
If Cal leaves at the end of the year and Mitch offers Self the job, would you want him as our coach? I would.

The difference between Calipari and Self is that Self actually values winning all of his games, even regular season.

Cal doesn't have the same priority, and that's why Kansas will pass Kentucky again in the all-time wins within 2-3 weeks.
I don't think so... they have a much, much tougher end of the season stretch than we do. If they get it this year it will be due to a good tournament run... but we may actually gain 3-4 games on them to end the conference season. I think will still own the all-time wins record going into next season.

Ignoring a clear problem and acting like it is fine is as bad a possible outcome as you can have. 2014 ain’t happening again, that team had a player who is 100 times better than anybody in this roster, and college basketball was completely different than it is now. Blind hope doesn’t work anymore
It was a joke . He said people were afraid getting rid of Calipari would set the program back 10 years . I was meaning “well get rid of him then because we were pretty good in 2014 “.

It was a joke . He said people were afraid getting rid of Calipari would set the program back 10 years . I was meaning “well get rid of him then because we were pretty good in 2014 “.
I realized after I hit send you were joking but i was to far gone by that point

• Haha
Reactions: yoshukai
"Cal has 11 all-stars since 2010 and Self only has 1, and yet Self has more titles" has nothing to do with me making the case that Self won more titles since 2010. It's two different statements, and both of them are true.
Look how many top 5 kids self got that didn't pan out.... He has had a ton of top of the class talent that you never heard from again
Cliff Alexander, Josh Jackson, check diallo, Wayne Sheldon, Wiggins, Perry Ellis, oubre, Bragg, Preston
If anything you are making a argument for cal at being the best at developing talent. That was up till 2018 and many of those they beat us out for. If he didn't have but 1 all star that is pitiful on him, he had plenty of talent

Not to mention he runs the dirtiest program known to man. I want to win but not at the cost of being slimy scum

Look how many top 5 kids self got that didn't pan out.... He has had a ton of top of the class talent that you never heard from again
Cliff Alexander, Josh Jackson, check diallo, Wayne Sheldon, Wiggins, Perry Ellis, oubre, Bragg, Preston
If anything you are making a argument for cal at being the best at developing talent. That was up till 2018 and many of those they beat us out for. If he didn't have but 1 all star that is pitiful on him, he had plenty of talent

Not to mention he runs the dirtiest program known to man. I want to win but not at the cost of being slimy scum
The only thing cal is good at is convincing already talented players to come through our revolving door to the NBA. He has very little to do with their development.

Reactions: yoshukai
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT