ADVERTISEMENT

Big Blue Nation deserves answers

BigBlueTom1

Sophomore
Oct 4, 2004
cal you are nothing but a self serving Fraud and Coward! You are making 9 million a year and isolate yourself on an island away from everyone and never have to answer to your critics for your failures of this program the last several years. You only come out when you can use our platform to make yourself look good! Tell me the last time cal has went on a program or sit before anyone and actually had to answer tough questions from anyone about his failures. He doesn't even show up for all of his shows with Tom Leach after tough losses when he only mostly gets softball questions and never has to take any calls from fans who want to call him out. You have been exposed and BBN is done with your ass. If you are not gone after next year all the protest from the summer of 2020 will look like child's play compared to what BBN has in store for you!!

cal you are nothing but a self serving Fraud and Coward! You are making 9 million a year and isolate yourself on an island away from everyone and never have to answer to your critics for your failures of this program the last several years. You only come out when you can use our platform to make yourself look good! Tell me the last time cal has went on a program or sit before anyone and actually had to answer tough questions from anyone about his failures. He doesn't even show up for all of his shows with Tom Leach after tough losses when he only mostly gets softball questions and never has to take any calls from fans who want to call him out. You have been exposed and BBN is done with your ass. If you are not gone after next year all the protest from the summer of 2020 will look like child's play compared to what BBN has in store for you!!

Words like these are a big reason why he's moved onto an Island, lol. Human nature is to stay away from strangers calling you a fraud, a coward, seemingly threats, etc. Yikes.

Last edited:
I'm as negative as anyone about Cal, but uhh...

tenor.gif

Well, Calipari brings everything on himself. He loves the war he does it everywhere he goes. He was always going to leave this way, it’s amazing how many don’t understand this.

He’s not going to win until he gets 200% of what he wants. That’s why he’s been outspoken about football and money, outspoken wanting more money for assistants, now he’s adding players like wheeler and underwhelming players like Brooks. He’s sending a message. He wants more money for different reasons and the administration thinks he’s had enough. So in his mind they’re getting the results they’re paying for. It couldn’t be more clear.

And he has been given enough but that’s never enough for him. This is who he is.

He won’t answer tough questions, but he has said what he plans to do; it’s just nothing that the majority of us wanted to hear from him. He said he’s not changing his approach, expects some guys back and only maybe two portal additions. Expecting him to take any blame is a lost cause. Weird times ahead for BBN.

Cal is a coward. He doesn't want to answer any actual questions. He doesn't have an answer. He sucks. He knows it. He doesn't want to be confronted with it. He got irritated with Tom for asking about the Oakland game at all. "Why are you making me re-live this, Tom?"

Sorry that you got asked about a loss after that loss. Tom probably should have just asked what kind of basketballs you want to use next year or if there's a particular sneaker you like for the future.

He just wants to do controlled interviews or speeches where he can spout a bunch of words with no actual meaning--and not be pressed on it.

"Well, there's a standard here." Yup, you're no where near it the last 4 years.
"We gotta get tough." Yeah, we do. How do you plan to do it? Can you do it?
"I probably won't change and go away from Freshmen heavy teams. I like changing lives." Do you like winning?

Words like these are why he's moved onto a Island, lol. Human nature is to stay away from strangers calling you a fraud, coward, seemingly threats, etc. Yikes.
I agree. He says it's not threats, but if someone told me if I didn't do something, they had something "in store for me", I would think that's some kind of threat.

Reactions: Cold Stout Beer
The title of this thread would be nice for Cal to do but meeting with that type of negativity is silly. However, the negativity is the point. Fans and most of BBN shares it and Cal basically ignoring and not feeling any need to rebuild the relationship is only sinking the program even further. One of the unique things of Kentucky Basketball is the fan following of BBN. There really was no other program with that national following and connection. Lose that and you lose what was special.

I’m pumped!!!! Let’s gooooo!!!!

I always laugh at these Internet Tough Guys who throw around words like FRAUD and COWARD. I imagine them in their daily lives as the boss bullies him over yet another stupid mistake, and the wife harangues him over screwing up the grocery shopping, and orders him out in the rain for half and half, or somebody cuts in front of him in the lunch line at work, then dares him to say something about it.

But on Rupp Rafters, everyone is Ahhhnold as the Terminator, or Reacher -- the new, Big One, not Tom Cruise.
Just name the place and I would love to have a sit down and talk about the Kentucky program.

Words like these are a big reason why he's moved onto an Island, lol. Human nature is to stay away from strangers calling you a fraud, a coward, seemingly threats, etc. Yikes.
This is not some confusing chicken or egg scenario. People are calling him a fraud and coward bc he is acting like a fraud and coward. Not the other way around.

If you’re still attacking BBN over Calipari angst, then you probably should leave the board and quit paying attention to UK all together. There’s always a few who have to chime in that they don’t care and it doesn’t matter ( they really value their own opinion a bit too much) and that’s fine. Why do you continuously come on a UK basketball message board? You’re above it, it doesn’t mean anything to you, right? So go do something else and leave the UK basketball talk to people that do care.

Calipari is torching this program so to come into these threads and constantly complain about the temperature of the water? You don’t want to swim so quit coming to the pool.

Doesn't make them any less true. The fact that he doesn't engage with the fans is because he knows he's guilty of every charge, at which time, the cowardice defines him and his absence convicts him.

My post stands. When internet strangers say ugly things about you, you aren’t going to appease them…..unless you’re a coward.

Bro, the fan base is passionate. What’s hard to understand here? Do you think Cal has done a job worthy of $9 million a year? If so, I’d love to work for an employer with your mindset. Little expectation vs top level reward. Where I come from, you are expected to perform or you get replaced. No complacency.

P.S. when you are the highest paid state employee, you are open for criticism. The same people who think it’s over the top to criticize Cal, get on paddock and run their mouth about Trump/Biden. Internet tough guy or fraud?

Just name the place and I would love to have a sit down and talk about the Kentucky program.
I cant see anything in your posts that indicates you have knowledge about the KY basketball program. All I see is tough talk directed at Cal and, what looks like a threat. I think you are like the rest of us, you have fingers and you can use them.

He won’t answer tough questions, but he has said what he plans to do; it’s just nothing that the majority of us wanted to hear from him. He said he’s not changing his approach, expects some guys back and only maybe two portal additions. Expecting him to take any blame is a lost cause. Weird times ahead for BBN.
Afraid your description of 'Weird times ahead for BBN' will be more like 'Sad times ahead for BBN'.

Inability to take criticism?

Also, to be fair, the vitriol and what not that he’s received is a culmination of years of looking down, talking down and basically insinuating Kentucky fans are racist uneducated red necks.

If you’re making $9 million a year and all the perks of private jets etc (funded largely by fans) you should be able to take criticism. At the very least take the criticism and deflect/ refute or defend yourself.

Last edited:
His approach may need a little work but it's hard to argue with the content and you have to admire the passion oh "1 and OUT" skin has to be real thin no doubt

Reactions: CatFanInIlliniLand
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT