ADVERTISEMENT

Question for MdWildcat...

Son_Of_Saul

All-American
Dec 7, 2007
Dear Sir,

What would you say about Bill Self if he had gone 73-43 in a four-year span, and looked to have at least four or five more losses in that span before the four-year period concluded?

Just curious.

Thank you for any response you might have to offer.

Sincerely,

Son_Of_Saul

Dear Sir,

What would you say about Bill Self if he had gone 73-43 in a four-year span, and looked to have at least four or five more losses in that span before the four-year period concluded?

Just curious.

Thank you for any response you might have to offer.

Sincerely,

Son_Of_Saul

I just read that in his time at KU the Jayhawks have only played 41 games unranked and his teams won 95% of their home games. That's amazing even if he has teams that seem to be protected at home.

I just read that in his time at KU the Jayhawks have only played 41 games unranked and his teams won 95% of their home games. That's amazing even if he has teams that seem to be protected at home.
Self has totally eclipsed Calipari as far as winning legacy is concerned.

Cal has 11 all-stars since 2010 and Self only has 1, and yet Self has more titles.

Self has totally eclipsed Calipari as far as winning legacy is concerned.

Cal has 11 all-stars since 2010 and Self only has 1, and yet Self has more titles.
I think the simplest and best measure to compare coaches at the same level is WINNING. If I were trying to argue that Self is a better coach than Calipari – which I believe is certainly true - I’d stick with that to compare coaches. In my opinion you don’t add anything to, and actually weaken, your argument that Self is a better X & O coach than Calipari with that NBA stuff. Self has often had the better team and the better players. Calipari has had the higher ranked freshmen (more “talent”) – none of which were NBA players, little alone All-Stars during their adolescent year at UK.

To me, when you start pointing out Calipari’s deficiencies you start with how he constructs his rosters - remember he’s at a program where you can compete for any type of player, and put rosters together any way, you want. So, I would say choosing to rely on OAD freshmen is as big, or bigger, proof of coaching as anything we could point to, and almost proves Self’s superiority as a coach by itself.

that dude isn’t going to show his head until UK wins a couple games in a row. He likes to gloat when things are going well for Cal but he disappears when Kentucky falls apart.
So you're saying there's a chance we won't have to see Cal again? Well that's one positive I guess.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Office Hello GIF by What We Do in the Shadows

He had a LOT to say about how much we didn’t need Hunter Dickinson and how much better off we are without him. I’d like to hear his take on that now. Dickinson isn’t a defensive dynamo, but he does have size and girth down low that we are desperately lacking. He gloated quite a bit about how smart we were for not getting him.

Thoughts on that would be interesting now. Not that he’ll show his face here now

that dude isn’t going to show his head until UK wins a couple games in a row. He likes to gloat when things are going well for Cal but he disappears when Kentucky falls apart.
He will come back after they beat vandy and Arkansas and act like he is smarter than everybody

Reactions: kats23
He had a LOT to say about how much we didn’t need Hunter Dickinson and how much better off we are without him. I’d like to hear his take on that now. Dickinson isn’t a defensive dynamo, but he does have size and girth down low that we are desperately lacking. He gloated quite a bit about how smart we were for not getting him.

Thoughts on that would be interesting now. Not that he’ll show his face here now
We ran off Oscar man, I said we didn’t need him in April last year and man was I wrong. Oscar in this team and they don’t have anywhere near the rebounding issues they have now

Reactions: Fox2monk

My hot take is the same one I had this summer: Kentucky dodged a bullet not getting Hunter Dickinson and is a better team —faster, more aggressive, better balanced—without him.
Like this?

He is apart of the moral high ground group that always come on here after Kentucky wins and take shots at people for being upset about the current state of the program, and then things are like they are now he is dead silent

What is a moral high ground group good for again?

Will that help stop people from breaking into Cal's office, and taking the largest hot steamy shit known to man on his desk?

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
What is a moral high ground group good for again?

Will that help stop people from breaking into Cal's office, and taking the largest hot steamy shit known to man on his desk?
Honestly that group is worse than the people who are upset, because they act like are better than anybody when all they are doing is acting like they are more important than everybody

Honestly that group is worse than the people who are upset, because they act like are better than anybody when all they are doing is acting like they are more important than everybody

Ah yeah, I've had a couple of those morons tag me in posts this season, because I've called out Cal, like uhhh rightfully so the last few seasons. Keep in mind, they did this when we were winning more games. Every single one of those morons won't be posting on here until we find our footing again. Like, just die off already.

The rest of us sane people are ready to do what's best for the program, and move on with a new coach. As for the others, die on your Cal hill, and die slow.

Ah yeah, I've had a couple of those morons tag me in posts this season, because I've called out Cal, like uhhh rightfully so the last few seasons. Keep in mind, they did this when we were winning more games. Every single one of those morons won't be posting on here until we find our footing again. Like, just die off already.

The rest of us sane people are ready to do what's best for the program, and move on with a new coach. As for the others, die on your Cal hill, and die slow.
Idk what talking point they have left to come at us with anymore. Cal hasn’t won the SEC tourney since 2018, he has 1 tourney win since 2019, he can’t coach in game for shit, but but he gets guys drafted. I like how they act like Kentucky would be set back to the stone ages if cal were to leave

Reactions: Girthang and Mike-D
Idk what talking point they have left to come at us with anymore. Cal hasn’t won the SEC tourney since 2018, he has 1 tourney win since 2019, he can’t coach in game for shit, but but he gets guys drafted. I like how they act like Kentucky would be set back to the stone ages if cal were to leave

Keep in mind they are Calipari fans first, and UK basketball fans second.

The worst part of this group is that they disappear when shit goes bad. I’m here celebrating my ass off things are going great and I’m here telling it like it is when shit’s going bad. These clowns act like we’re all idiots and even have the nerve to call others bandwagon fans. Their bandwagon asses are nowhere to be found when it’s bad.

The difference between Calipari and Self is that Self actually values winning all of his games, even regular season.

Cal doesn't have the same priority, and that's why Kansas will pass Kentucky again in the all-time wins within 2-3 weeks.
And for people that say there is no home run hire , Self had been to ZERO final fours and only one final eight when Kansas hired him . A lot of our fans would think that is not good enough for consideration. There are other good coaches besides the 4 or 5 always mentioned.

The worst part of this group is that they disappear when shit goes bad. I’m here celebrating my ass off things are going great and I’m here telling it like it is when shit’s going bad. These clowns act like we’re all idiots and even have the nerve to call others bandwagon fans. Their bandwagon asses are nowhere to be found when it’s bad.
They’re also the ones who act like calipari leaving would set the program back 10 years. I just don’t get it, when it’s time to move on and the situation is like it is now, how you can you ignore it and say everything is fine

Reactions: kywildcat41086
They’re also the ones who act like calipari leaving would set the program back 10 years. I just don’t get it, when it’s time to move on and the situation is like it is now, how you can you ignore it and say everything is fine
They like to get giddy over the #1 class coming in every year. Hype it all summer, then during the season say wait until March, then when the Cats get bounced talk about the next great class coming in.

They mirror Cal perfectly. Win games on paper.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT