Wouldn't be mad about a class of

Green
Young
Alexander
Washington
Richards
Vanderbilt
Bamba

Plus maybe a grad transfer or JUCO wing. Or there's time for Cal to get involved with someone else. Alexander showed us there's kids out there just waiting for the opportunity.

This class is a long way from finished. Green would be an important step toward solidifying our backcourt, but I'll believe it when I see it.
Gotta tell you I am on the same page with you as I bet that could be our class plus a grad transfer. Doubt Cal will go juco as they just aren't many good players in juco.

If UK were to land Green, it would be stunning considering what I was told by my friend. Hope it happens for you guys but was told that this was signed, sealed, and delivered to Syracuse and only thing left was the official announcement.

Then again, with kids and people around them, maybe they leaked this to see if UK/Cal is really about their word and keep quiet. I'd hope for Green's sake he'd choose UK as it's a better fit, but Cuse has Scoop Jardine (former Neuman Goretti guard) in his ear and really put on fullcourt press to land him 2 weeks ago and then got him to visit last weekend.

Can say this, the '17 class has been interesting in how they go about their business and announce their decisions. Good luck but all I can tell you is that I heard Quade was done for Cuse. And my friend hasn't steered me wrong yet--but always a first time and in this case, know he'd like to be wrong because he's a UK guy.

I 100% believe you and your friend but if we know anything it's that 18 year old kids are impossible to predict.

@Ron Mehico I keep hearing he's in the mold of Ulis. A true Point Guard, where as Young is a score-first point guard.

Personally, I'd rather have the facilitator. And if Green wants to commit to us early, you take him. Green also may bring recruits with him, where as that's not the case with Young.

Honestly.. Give me Green all day. I'd rather get him than Young as of right now.
As they say a cat in the hand is worth two in the bush. Well , thats how I say it .

Interesting tidbit on KSR from Ben Roberts.

Five-star point guard Quade Green made a surprise trip to Madison Square Garden last night to watch Kentucky play in the Champions Classic, and according to his high school coach, after the Cats’ big win over Michigan State, Green woke up this morning ready to make a decision about his future.

“I think he woke up today and he kind of knows what he wants to do,” Arrigale told Ben Roberts. “I think he’s got some clarity. He has a final five list, but it’s only between two teams. It’s Kentucky and Syracuse. And I think he has some clarity.”

Green won’t announce his decision until Saturday night and while the early signing period officially ends today, schools are allowed to report new signees up to two weeks after it ends. Quade visited Syracuse last week and although the Orange are thought to be the favorite, his presence last night and these quotes today could be very telling.

“I think he knows that the guys at Kentucky aren’t going to be there next year. They’re pretty good,” Arrigale said. “And I think he knows there’s an opportunity there for him to be the next leader of the next group coming in. That’s something that definitely intrigues him, for sure.”

Hmm. For more, head on over to the Herald-Leader.

Sure sounds like Kentucky..Woohoo if true.

Five-star point guard Quade Green made a surprise trip to Madison Square Garden last night to watch Kentucky play in the Champions Classic, and according to his high school coach, after the Cats’ big win over Michigan State, Green woke up this morning ready to make a decision about his future.

“I think he woke up today and he kind of knows what he wants to do,” Arrigale told Ben Roberts. “I think he’s got some clarity. He has a final five list, but it’s only between two teams. It’s Kentucky and Syracuse. And I think he has some clarity.”

Green won’t announce his decision until Saturday night and while the early signing period officially ends today, schools are allowed to report new signees up to two weeks after it ends. Quade visited Syracuse last week and although the Orange are thought to be the favorite, his presence last night and these quotes today could be very telling.

“I think he knows that the guys at Kentucky aren’t going to be there next year. They’re pretty good,” Arrigale said. “And I think he knows there’s an opportunity there for him to be the next leader of the next group coming in. That’s something that definitely intrigues him, for sure.”

KSR getting credit for Ben Roberts work is... typical.

UK doesn't leak much info on any of their prospects. Most of the stuff out there regarding players UK is recruiting is from other coaching staffs.

If these quotes are truthful, I don't see how he's not a cat given the timing.

I really think Young is overrated. Reminds of Tyus Jones, but with a scorers mentality. He doesn't have the size or athleticism to pull that off in college imo.

Id watch for Matt Jones, or Paul or Toothcat or someone to start hinting about good news on saturday. If that doesnt come by midnight friday......... just dont get your hopes up Saturday because the writing would be on the wall.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Here it is, Cuse fans are so predictable.

"World Wide We$$$

WWW was sitting behind the UK bench with Larry Brown last night. How is this allowed? He's a known professional agent, or at least a representative of an agency. How is he allowed all-access with NCAA college athletes? And high school recruits are allowed to talk to this guy? He's allowed to represent an agency, professional endorsement deals, on behalf of Kentucky?"

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
Getting Green would put UK at #1again at least for the time being....
Rivals

Haven't seen Green really at all, and not much of Young, but what I did see of Young I really liked. Based on that alone, I have been preferring we get him. Am I wrong?

It's possible that he needed to see how it could work in person with two point guards running the show. I still think he goes to Cuse but this does seem like a good sign for UK as far as getting clarity after watching the UK game. The timing of it just seems like UK

not gonna bet on anything to be honest - he could be playing with people; it does look good to see UK on your list of offers. No telling what will happen

sorry to be a killjoy - but we've been burned a few times

Reactions: KWilt43atbuzz
Haven't seen Green really at all, and not much of Young, but what I did see of Young I really liked. Based on that alone, I have been preferring we get him. Am I wrong?
Silents I think Cal wants a commit "sooner" than later. He doesn't want to be left holding the bag if Young goes to OU.
First come first served...

Last edited:

"World Wide We$$$

WWW was sitting behind the UK bench with Larry Brown last night. How is this allowed? He's a known professional agent, or at least a representative of an agency. How is he allowed all-access with NCAA college athletes? And high school recruits are allowed to talk to this guy? He's allowed to represent an agency, professional endorsement deals, on behalf of Kentucky?"

Since when is working with Nike in the past considered being an Agent?

Reactions: KWilt43atbuzz
I don't know his status but I do know it's now not against the rules to talk to a agent. I think they changed the rule a couple years ago

"World Wide We$$$

Question for those in the know: does this hurt us with young if he comes here? Would we take young and walker if both decided before him? Just curious as to what scenarios could play out. Is green better than walker? I know green is only 6 feet tall while walker is 6"4 and I know young is the guy cal wants the most

I hope their fans don't google Worldwide Wes and Jim Boeheim together, their big dumb orange heads would explode. As if UK would need to pay money to beat out Syracuse with their probation, boring style, garbage city, inferior facilities, and unstable coaching situation.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Question for those in the know: does this hurt us with young if he comes here? Would we take young and walker if both decided before him? Just curious as to what scenarios could play out. Is green better than walker? I know green is only 6 feet tall while walker is 6"4 and I know young is the guy cal wants the most

Well Walker is already on Miami so that's moot. Personally, IDC if this hurts our chances with Young. You can't pass on the 22nd guy, in hopes to get the 15th. You take whichever pulls their pants up and picks the school they want. If that means Young doesn't come here, oh well.

Young seems like the better recruit if you need your PG to win games. Green is the better recruit if you already have the pieces around him and need a tru PG. Kentucky is the latter, so all things considered, I'd take Green right now.

I also heard (on here, fwiw) that a lot of recruits don't want to play with Young. IF that's true, I'd cut Young right now. Bad bad bad sign.

Well Walker is already on Miami so that's moot. Personally, IDC if this hurts our chances with Young. You can't pass on the 22nd guy, in hopes to get the 15th. You take whichever pulls their pants up and picks the school they want. If that means Young doesn't come here, oh well.

Young seems like the better recruit if you need your PG to win games. Green is the better recruit if you already have the pieces around him and need a tru PG. Kentucky is the latter, so all things considered, I'd take Green right now.

I also heard (on here, fwiw) that a lot of recruits don't want to play with Young. IF that's true, I'd cut Young right now. Bad bad bad sign.
I didn't know about walker, but I'm assuming even with Alexander cal would take green and young. I'm assuming with his baggage Duval is out of the question? Is diallo or another sg high on the wish list still. Based on what I've read Alexander could come in and help immeaditely but I really don't see him starting but if he's good enough could play a booker role next yr

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Green had to see how well Fox and Briscoe played together. Even if Young came and we got both they could play together and would really compliment each other.

Can't deny part of me wants Green just because he plays with Bamba and hoping that could help get Bamba.

Since when is working with Nike in the past considered being an Agent?
When you're a dumb Syracuse fan. Notice those idiots never have a specific accusation, just vague pieces of a puzzle that you have to put together. So what are Syracuse fans saying that he actually did or does?

BTW dirty Cuse fans, Wes is at the Champions Classic every year. He wasn't there for some special meeting with Quade Green. You can catch him out front of the arena waiting for his Uber every year agyer the game and he'll even take a photo with you of you ask nicely.

I hope this works out for you guys because you all seem pretty desperate, in the past when you guys get desperate you end up on probation. Be careful. Meanwhile were over here chillin while yall melt down because we know we'll be fine with or without him.

Reactions: bigbluelou
I didn't know about walker, but I'm assuming even with Alexander cal would take green and young. I'm assuming with his baggage Duval is out of the question? Is diallo or another sg high on the wish list still. Based on what I've read Alexander could come in and help immeaditely but I really don't see him starting but if he's good enough could play a booker role next yr

Diallo is verrrry interesting. It's gonna be down to Uconn or Kentucky. Uconn the heavy favorite, but they are free-falling right now. I'm not even sure you can guarantee that Ollie will have a job at the end of the season. This opens things up for Diallo, big time.

We'll know about Green this Saturday and that's awesome. Even if we miss out on him, then Cal knows there aren't many options left. He'll either pressure Young or start going down the recruiting rankings.

<-- lives two hours East of Syracuse.

Syracuse basketball fans are a special kind of stupid. They only care about Syracuse because they were pretty good for the last 30 years. They aren't real fans, by and large.. just like to claim fandom and wear orange. They are fairweather. They know NOTHING about the rest of college basketball.. and I mean that as literally as possible.

I know about 100 Syracuse fans.. from best friends to acquaintances. Not a single one can name more than 3 Kentucky players in the last 10 years. All they know is to throw the word "zone" out a few times at parties.. and that it.

In some ways, they are the worst fanbase in college. At least Duke and Kansas fans can talk about other teams and the landscape. Talking basketball with a Syracuse fan is just.. talking about Syracuse basketball.

Last edited:
If we do get Green can Young play the SG position and do you think Cal might be selling Young on this ?

If we get Green, which I genuinely hope, than I think our chances for Bamba improve greatly. They were teammates and clearly are still tight. Not saying we might not get Bamba without Green, but it helps and that wold be a phenomenal duo to add to our stellar class.

Reactions: SecretariatsSilks
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT