ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue is now getting the Kansas in the Big 12 whistle.

Jan 12, 2024
It may even be worse. I haven’t seen this big of a free throw discrepancy in a close game maybe ever. I’m not one who thinks free throws have to be even either, some teams for more but I gotta question when Edey routinely gets these fouls called for him.

Purdue outshot Northwestern 46 to 8 at the line in an overtime game.

Stop the video at exactly the spot right before 2 seconds changes to 3 seconds (of the 5 second video).
I see Edey in the act of shooting. I see the defender leaning forward with his upper body / shoulders in contact with Edey's chest. The defender's arms are not vertical, they are tilted forward to the point where the palms of his hands are behind Edey's head.
That is definitely a foul. Edey has certainly benefitted from some touch fouls this year, but this isn't one of them.

The times I’ve watched them it looked like Edey was getting the “hack a Shaq “ treatment but they weren’t calling them . Don’t really get why anyone would be against Purdue. Somebody is going to win it . Somebody besides us . I’d rather it be Purdue than a lot of other teams, ie. North Carolina, UConn, Kansas,Duke etc.

It may even be worse. I haven’t seen this big of a free throw discrepancy in a close game maybe ever. I’m not one who thinks free throws have to be even either, some teams for more but I gotta question when Edey routinely gets these fouls called for him.

Now that is the Kansas treatment for sure !! Can’t blame a Coach getting tossed with That kind of disparity

That’s ridiculous and the sole reason I’d hate to get Purdue in the bracket this year. Imagine getting our usual whistle with that dude in the middle.

Stop the video at exactly the spot right before 2 seconds changes to 3 seconds (of the 5 second video).
I see Edey in the act of shooting. I see the defender leaning forward with his upper body / shoulders in contact with Edey's chest. The defender's arms are not vertical, they are tilted forward to the point where the palms of his hands are behind Edey's head.
That is definitely a foul. Edey has certainly benefitted from some touch fouls this year, but this isn't one of them.
Edey hooked the guy himself, that’s a foul on him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT