ADVERTISEMENT

Props to Skyy Clark

UNIVKY

All-SEC
May 21, 2002
Thought the kid played really well and truly outplayed Wagner.

He was much better than I expected.

Also, the UT transfer Huntley-Hatfield played really good.

I thought UL played hard, but we have so many weapons.

Side note: My nephew's girlfriend and he came over last night during the UL game. I thought they were going to tell me some big news. Nope.

She is attending UNC-W and she had to make sure to come by and see me.....lol.....good for her.

Side note: My nephew's girlfriend and he came over last night during the UL game. I thought they were going to tell me some big news. Nope.

She is attending UNC-W and she had to make sure to come by and see me.....lol.....good for her.
Thought Sheppard Dillingham and Reeves truly outplayed Clark.

Hatfield had a good first half but thought Mitchell truly outplayed him for the game.

Edwards played better than I expected.

Well I'm sure you reminded her we didn't have Wagoner, Onyenso and Bradshaw had limited min. I hope we see them in the tourney if they get there

Reactions: fabcat
I thought Clark was pretty mediocre. DJ had a poor game due to foul trouble but Clark didn’t show me much other than effort. He was Justus’ prized recruit. As soon as coach O and Chin got here they tried to get Cal to drop him like a hot potato but Cal drug his feet. Probably missed out on Nick Smith because of it. That “Sideshow Bob” hairdo slows him down, but he’s also just not that talented. He’s about like Nolan Hickman, Hunter Sallis and Devin Askew… three other players Justus wrongly thought were UK caliber guards.

Skyy did play well. Nothing wrong with admitting that.
If he had hit his early free throws, UL would have hung around a little longer.

But Skyy is not on same talent level with our guards.
In my 60+ years following Ky basketball, our kids rank in top 5.

Clark had a really good game. Overall he did outplay him, but Clark only scored 6 of his points while being guarded by Wagner. So it's not fair to blame that all on DJ.

Clark had a really good game. Overall he did outplay him, but Clark only scored 6 of his points while being guarded by Wagner. So it's not fair to blame that all on DJ.
this. Clark was on Reeves alot and had Reeves on him quite a bit.... Reeves 3 before the first half ended was with Clark on him. Clark was talking until Reeves hit the 3 and poor Clark just sunk.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I thought Clark was pretty mediocre. DJ had a poor game due to foul trouble but Clark didn’t show me much other than effort. He was Justus’ prized recruit. As soon as coach O and Chin got here they tried to get Cal to drop him like a hot potato but Cal drug his feet. Probably missed out on Nick Smith because of it. That “Sideshow Bob” hairdo slows him down, but he’s also just not that talented. He’s about like Nolan Hickman, Hunter Sallis and Devin Askew… three other players Justus wrongly thought were UK caliber guards.
All this is probably true, however, I couldn't help thinking while watching him that he'd've been a substantial upgrade over wheeler last year.

Reactions: Wonky
I thought in the first half especially Wagner on offense was too focused on one up man ship and less on team play. It led to fouls and poor shots that weren't there. Clark was good. The interesting thing with Wagner though is he seems to get better as games progress.

Huntley-Hatfield is Poythress' cousin and WCS played WR in high school.

Tubby like to take a bath and Bam flipped over tables as a kid.

Josh Carrier is still making 3 pointers in practice.
I did not know this assuming it’s true. Funny though when I went to UofL/bellarmine game I sat real close to the floor and thought to myself that he reminded me of poythress. I was astounded how he could look so invisible in a game like bellarmine but he did. Played really well last night though.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
I did not know this assuming it’s true. Funny though when I went to UofL/bellarmine game I sat real close to the floor and thought to myself that he reminded me of poythress. I was astounded how he could look so invisible in a game like bellarmine but he did. Played really well last night though.

Yeah, it is 100% true. We recruited him out of HS...guess we backed off at some point. He was a heavy UK lean for quite a while.

Didn’t help that Wagner played zero defense on him

Clark is a solid player, he doesn’t do much to get others involved though. I think Ty-Laur Johnson is the better prospect at PG honestly. They looked much better usually with him attacking and dishing.

Reactions: warrior-cat
Unfair comparing DJ and Skyyyyy etc Clark.

Clark's a sophomore with a prior season of D1 play; DJ has far more upside, IMO.
Clark also looked better because it was just him and Huntley-Hatfield so Clark was trying to take most of the shots and he was allowed to. He was just about UL's only scoring. DJ has many others out there to take the reins when necessary.

Reactions: BBUK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT