ADVERTISEMENT

Post Your Heartfelt Farewell Message to Cal ITT

Dang you guys are pretty cruel. I think it was time to part ways but I do appreciate him bringing another title and the good memories from his first 10 years here. I am kind of sad it didn't end better than it did.
He left and saved us millions. He did us a favor
Glad it's over though

A University is typically judged by the quality of professionals they can teach and develop. But no one is cheering for those Harvard law grads in legalese trivia matches watched by millions. While it is honorable to train and help young folks become successful professionals, it's simply not the only thing you can focus on in major college athletics. At some point he lost the script, spit the bit, and it solely became about that.

I like the guy, wish him well, and I hope he can continue to do what fulfills him in a place that doesn't prioritize winning like we do. Not sure Arkansas is that place, but best of luck anyway.
Lemp ... that's one of the most generous posts I've ever read on this board. I couldn't post that myself with any sincerity, today ... but your post has brought to my attention that I need to pray about the fact that I can't make such a post today ... and I will.
Thanks.

He's gone, he will get no more negative energy from me until UK meets him on the court.
PS thanks for the 1st 7 years it was exciting.

I am sure Ellen will enjoy being back near the Ozarks as it is always good to be close to real family not just La Familia.

Last edited:
Dang you guys are pretty cruel. I think it was time to part ways but I do appreciate him bringing another title and the good memories from his first 10 years here. I am kind of sad it didn't end better than it did.
I want to be sad, but I can’t because the reason it didn’t end better was 100% due to Cal’s hubris. Had he cared, even a little; had he listened to criticism, even a little. He didn’t. That’s on him. No remorse now. Had he hung it up after 9-16 I would be sad to see him go. Now he’s just a house guest that slept on your sofa and ate your food for 4 years. He can GTFO.

I’m not as bitter or personally angry as some of you.

I appreciate Cal for breathing life into the program when it was becoming an irrelevant also ran, for winning a title, for the Final Fours, for bringing in quality character kids, for staying out of NCAA trouble and for his acts of charity. I don’t hate the man. I just think he stayed 5 years longer than the “this us a 10 year job” line he used when he got here. His ego got the best of him to the program’s detriment and it’s time to part ways.

I have no ill will towards Cal personally, but hope he fails miserably in Fayetteville.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
I want to be sad, but I can’t because the reason it didn’t end better was 100% due to Cal’s hubris. Had he cared, even a little; had he listened to criticism, even a little. He didn’t. That’s on him. No remorse now. Had he hung it up after 9-16 I would be sad to see him go. Now he’s just a house guest that slept on your sofa and ate your food for 4 years. He can GTFO.
Why would he hang it up after the 9-16 season ?

See ya Cal, thanks for the early years....you should have quit while you were ahead. Don't let the door hit ya in the ass
That’s my answer. Thanks for all the good, should have left a couple years ago. Don’t let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

Why would he hang it up after the 9-16 season ?
Because you don’t get to coach the single worst season in Kentucky basketball history and keep your job, and under zero circumstances do you get to follow that up by losing in the first round of the tournament to a 15 seed and keep your job.

Two chances there to walk away with his dignity but he insisted on feeding the fans shit for two more because of pure greed.

Because you don’t get to coach the single worst season in Kentucky basketball history and keep your job, and under zero circumstances do you get to follow that up by losing in the first round of the tournament to a 15 seed and keep your job.

Two chances there to walk away with his dignity but he insisted on feeding the fans shit for two more because of pure greed.
He had built up equity for that 9-16 season to return.

Calipari, just imagine what you could have accomplished if you would have focused as much time on winning as you did on NBA draft night.

You will go down as a coach that under-performed while having the most talent.

Good riddance. Don’t let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT