ADVERTISEMENT

The answer is a farewell tour

I saw a tweet this guy made that said “of cal is given another year he will make Jan 6 look like a birthday party”.
Uh Oh Omg GIF by ESPN

You’re clueless. The proposal is absolute stupidity unless you demand his contract is amended to no buyout and ends after next season. Otherwise the problem is just being kicked down the road because Barney is spineless. You never allow this drip drip drip mentality. That is a program destroyer. If cal is given what you guys suggest that would be a reward and he will live out the entirety of his contract not just one year because you see he has lowered expectations so much that we could win a game or two next year in the dance and the media goes nuts. “Ah they are improving you can’t fire him”. Shear stupidity going on here with these suggestions. A farewell tour for a guy who is gonna be coaching another 5-10 years. Having cal around while we try to find a coach. Good G-d man.

Once again.. it's clearly not that easy of a decision to just buy someone out for $30mil. Cal doesn't seem like he's going to take less.

Forget about this "farewell" idea then, but it sure sounds like the more time that passes the more likely he's going to be our coach. Not to mention, Vandy just hired their guy, so that's another job down. WHat are the REALISTIC options here?

Some of you are becoming absolutely unhinged, I can practically see you foaming at the mouth as you hammer your keyboard with run-on sentences and various forms of over self-confidence like you know the situation at hand.. which you, yes, you @Wildcats1st are ESPECIALLY guilty of. Constant rash game threads where you constantly step on your own dick. Like your anti-Wheeler thread after two games, when he played great up until our wings got injured. One of the all time most moronic threads started here. And I love my quote from that thread, applies so well here:

This is an excellent reason why you 1. don't jump to rash conclusions and 2. don't live in absolutes (Never, always, etc). These type of threads will burn you all season long.

Also, I'm getting a little tired of some of you quoting what I say, waiting to hear my every take on the situation, and then having an absolute tantrum that I don't agree with you, so you say things like "good g-d man".. well which is it? Are you done with my awful takes or not.. Because I really would prefer you put me on ignore, so I dont have to constantly swat you from my dick every other thread.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
I wonder if they aren't going to set up a farewell tour type thing. On the surface, it may sound ridiculous, but they could easily pull it off given Cal's entire legacy and revitalizing Kentucky basketball. But, most importantly, and the main reason, it would allow both sides to save face and make it appear they are parting amicably. UK doesn't look like they are firing a HOFer, and Cal doesn't look like he's being fired for underachieving. It's a win win for everyone (except the fans stomaching being stuck with a lame duck coach for one more season). Plus, it also saves money. It also gives Kentucky a full year for a calm, thorough coaching search. Kentucky also gets a year to decide if they keep Mitch going forward. This scenario is a win all the way around when you think about it.
How about a "Don't Let The Door Hit You In The Ass On The Way Out " Tour?

You might if you're UK. For the reasons I outlined. I'm not wanting another year of Cal, or wanting to 'honor' him. But, I can see this being an option both sides can win with. I don't think Kentucky wants the PR from a bad divorce. Plus, it's expensive. This gives Cal an option to go quietly and save some face.

Again, I want Cal gone. Now. I just see this as a realistic option UK might go with. All things considered. It's clean and civil.
It will be expensive next year also! Most of the non- Kentucky national media types thinks he should be let go. The only objectors that I have heard give their opinion as for keeping COW, are the former coaching buddies especially Seth Greenburg. If CCC had won 2 games this season, they would still be singing his praises. They will never criticize one of their “fraternity brothers.” In their mind, no coaches should ever be fired.

As far as the public relations, this will be a story for a few days and the beginning of next season. Don’t think the networks are going to not show UK on TV. Some recruits may leave, some future recruits may say they are scratching UK from their list. — who cares? There are many options for players that can play at Kentucky. I think looking at Division II athletes, especially from Hillsdale college, are great options. If they are on our bench as reserves that will prevent them from eliminating us in the 1st round of future NCAA tournaments!

Mitch needs to end the nightmare as things will not get better and pull the plug on JVC. Live with the fallout that will surely come, make a good coaching selection, and realize that better days are ahead

No I don’t agree. You’re illogical. Cal has already gone scorched earth. You don’t keep the cancer around for a year. You cut it out and do chemo. In a divorce the least messy are the clean break. You’re talking about rewarding cal for failure and no one and I mean no legit coach is coming here while cal is around. Then next year we are doing this all over again. It’s insanity. No what you propose is very dangerous for uk bb. It like you woke up from a coma yesterday and didn’t see the 4-5 years that led to this. Unbelievable. I hope to hell you’re not paid by Barney to float this hairbrained stuff.

Cal needs to go but I doubt Mitch is paying random dudes to post random comments on this message board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT