ADVERTISEMENT

Pope mic'd up. Longer practice video

The point is, Cal is no longer OUR COACH!!!
And there are legitimate reasons for that.

Mark Pope is now the UK basketball coach. Some "Cal only" or "Cal first" fans just can't accept the fact Cal CHOSE to leave UK.

The sooner everyone moves on from the divisiveness that Cal brought to the UK fanbase the better off everyone will be.

I am amazed at the mental stronghold Cal has on some of our fans.

P.S. As far as standing for the national anthem, you obviously missed the humor part of my post. ......
I am in total agreement, I'm not sure there are Ky fans that are Cal first, I would assume those are trolls. Yeah I missed the humor part

I have a feeling we are going to be really sad to say goodbye to these guys at the end of next season. Great personalities.
Yeah, with all the frosh Pope is recruiting we definitely will be younger next year. Hopefully he can get at least three great portal guys to go with the youth. Hopefully he can get at least three in the portal that is very experienced and very good to go with Garrison and Oweh as veterans.

Yeah, with all the frosh Pope is recruiting we definitely will be younger next year. Hopefully he can get at least three great portal guys to go with the youth. Hopefully he can get at least three in the portal that is very experienced and very good to go with Garrison and Oweh as veterans.
Agreed. But we will still hopefully have Noah and Perry back as sophomores, who will have just spent a year playing with a ton of experienced guys. And then Chandler, who will technically be a soph but will have the body of a senior. We won't be as experienced next year but still most likely more experienced than most Cal teams we had.

Did Matt Jones start this Go… Run nonsense that y’all keep repeating like mindless sheep? I’ve watched every UK basketball game for the entire 15 years and that ain’t the takeaway. Y’all are incapable of complimenting Pope without bringing up Cal. Shows how fake these compliments are.
If you watched u weren’t paying attention. Every time we got a rebound he would get up and scream that. Don’t know how you could miss it. He did it constantly. That was his idea of coaching.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
If you watched u weren’t paying attention. Every time we got a rebound he would get up and scream that. Don’t know how you could miss it. He did it constantly. That was his idea of coaching.
He didn't miss it. He is just pretending to not be aware of it. Cal was the loudest NOISE in the arena, so he couldn't have missed it even he wanted to.

Reactions: bigbluedon
Thanks for being the board's court jester. You are the best free entertainment one could possibly hope for. KEEP ME LAUGHING!!
Again I don't think you know how to read. Everyone is laughing at your ignorance. You really are that stupid. I'm in awe of your stupidity. I've seen you blindly go off at people before. It's so entertaining when I'm the one. Do you draw a check for being stupid or just for being black? Or both?

This should have more than four million likes, but I understand not all here in Kentucky love the Cats. I do. This gets me very excited, but I was also excited day one and had the chance to tell Mitch the other day how much I thought it was a great hire, and he was thankful and appreciative of that feedback. I feel like we have gone from "carnival barker" to a situation that might parallel a young and unproven Coach K at Duke. With Pope's strong passion, NBA experience, character, and national championship ring, among many other qualities, we have the personified formula for future success. This is the exciting beginning of what I hope is a fabulous stretch run in my life and years I might have left of Kentucky basketball successes. Proud as ever to be a Kentucky fan, from birth till the very end.

I keep saying this and said it 2 days after the hire, I get it there is some risk and we don’t have the space to retain the top program statistically to screw around. But this just feels right to me. He’s got the qualities you look for, and you can’t go by past history. He hasn’t coached long enough in a major conference to know that. 1 year in the BIG12 .ONE year.

Usually I wouldn’t like it but with all of the old guard going out there are spots open at the legend coaches table now, and he was just handed Kentucky. He could easily be a champion X 2,3,4,5. There has to be somebody take the seats next to Self and Hurley and he immediately hit the ground running on the types of players to win.

UK elevated coaches
He hasn’t coached long
He’s never really been in a major conference. When he did he beat Kansas and Houston.

I’ve heard it said several times, Arkansas had him on their list to replace Muss, so he’s already started making rounds at bigger programs. All of this to say he’s on the way up.

Last edited:
I agree with your statement that "I (you) don't think". If I received a check for being stupid, I would donate it to you so you could buy a clue! You need to stop. You are beyond stupid. Lol
Yep. You're correct. I do know that you're an illiterate moron who has no reading comprehension. Typical black guy outraged by what he thought someone said. Raciss!!!

Yep. You're correct. I do know that you're an illiterate moron who has no reading comprehension. Typical black guy outraged by what he thought someone said. Raciss!!!
If you think going racial is going to make me back off, you are more clueless than I thought. I am certainly getting under your skin. Going racial is the last act of a desperate loser. How typical is that? You are certainly earning your laughs as the board's court jester. Keep the laughs coming.

Oh come on you want to be outraged! Be outraged! Let it loose!! Go do some looting in your neighborhood!!
You are too clueless to be taken seriously. You are one of the ones who was too stupid to cover his face while attacking the Capitol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT