ADVERTISEMENT

Pony Up

Should fans tell Stoops to Pony Up?

• Yes

Votes: 36 94.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters
Make no mistake, I’m ready for Stoops to be gone…but that comment really didn’t bother me. He was saying that the Georgias and Alabamas are paying a shit ton of money to get the best players now, because it’s ALL about money for these kids now. Used to, we could steal a few good players by offering early PT, or a “this feels like home” atmosphere, or a “ I really love these coaches” type of reason. Kids don’t care now. “Yeah, I’ll sit the bench at GA for a year or two…if I’m making bank”

I hate that Mitch gets a free pass. He has sucked for years.
Exactly Mitch is the reason for this whole disaster. He was for the men’s basketball team too until Cal got stupid and talked to Arkansas without permission. Until Mitch is gone we will continue to have all these stupid contract extensions and stupid contract buyouts!

Pope’s not going to fail. No way no how
I hope you’re right, but man I don’t get this thought process. There’s nothing in his history that says he can succeed (UK standards). If he hadn’t played here, Mitch’s house would’ve already been burned down. I do think there is SOMETHING to the passion and understanding Pope has, but that’s not going to get him very far once they turn the lights on and start keeping score. I’m cautiously optimistic about the results while also being super excited about how he’s going about it.

If Pope fails look for Mitch to be sent packing
I don’t know by whom. The BOT loves Mitch because he’s more of their ilk. The only way is if some money dries up. But Mitch doesn’t belong in this new era whatsoever. Even his commitment to upgrade football facilities during his time came 10 years after prioritizing 100 other things to upgrade here first. And football was in just as bad a shape as track or softball but is the cash cow.

Reactions: ok-cats-computer
I hope you’re right, but man I don’t get this thought process. There’s nothing in his history that says he can succeed (UK standards). If he hadn’t played here, Mitch’s house would’ve already been burned down. I do think there is SOMETHING to the passion and understanding Pope has, but that’s not going to get him very far once they turn the lights on and start keeping score. I’m cautiously optimistic about the results while also being super excited about how he’s going about it.
Pope’s not going to fail. No way no how
I hope he does not, but I don’t see it being a slam dunk…. He he good dude but the roster is not overly talented that’s not does it mean that we can’t be decent this year but people at UK dans expect better than decent…

I hope he does not, but I don’t see it being a slam dunk…. He he good dude but the roster is not overly talented that’s not does it mean that we can’t be decent this year but people at UK dans expect better than decent…
Hopefully people will cut him some slack for the first year. I agree though, I was a little underwhelmed by what I saw in the blue/white game. A bit of a reality check after all the excitement.

Hell we had nine 5 stars every year and what did that get us your analysis is really lacking you don't like change that's obvious even though it's obvious the
titanic night GIF

The next coach is going to do ask the fans to pony up….
People tend to be ok with it if they produce. Can’t ask for it, get players with ability they haven’t historically had, then lay many eggs.

Again, are we at some NIL disadvantage with some of the teams he is now consistently losing to?

An annual formula has been for Vince or whomever to hype over the summer and early fall how they have ultra talent and they can do what any other school can do,,,etc. then by mid year there is the stoops ‘people have to understand this is Kentucky and the league is hard’ back tracking.

Last edited:
Reactions: cat tat2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT