ADVERTISEMENT

What happened to the blue white game video?

Glad I watched it early. Hard to tell from a five on five scrimmage but they looked decent and competitive. I’d say sweet sixteen as a ceiling, maybe elite eight.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Not sure if this was Pope 100% or not. Could have been from above him. But if Pope then yes. He does not understand blue / white game at all. Again from here on out UK will be more money driven more than ever.

They would rather have 300 to 500 fans at $1500 to $125a pop than a crowd yelling go big blue! I heard something like they raised $750K last night then today rumor has it UK offered Caleb Wilson 1 mil for his services. So there is that. If you want top 5 recruiting class you will have to find ways to get the $$ to UK.

For anyone of us to say well the Crafts can afford it or something like that, forget that. Crafts give money to many charities and UK. It is not the right of anyone to say let someone else do that.

It is what it is. It is all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I watched it last night before it was taken down. Car and Chandler had the best overall game. This team has some work in front of them but they hustle and act like they want to be at Ky as a team. The SEC is going to be brutal this year and we will have some games that we lose because the overall talent was better on the opposing teams especially if we are struggling from the outside. its going to be a fun year watching this team play and I am looking forward to enjoying Ky basketball again.

Not sure if this was Pope 100% or not. Could have been from above him. But if Pope then yes. He does not understand blue / white game at all. Again from here on out UK will be more money driven more than ever.

They would rather have 300 to 500 fans at $1500 to $125a pop than a crowd yelling go big blue! I heard something like they raised $750K last night then today rumor has it UK offered Caleb Wilson 1 mil for his services. So there is that. If you want top 5 recruiting class you will have to find ways to get the $$ to UK.

For anyone of us to say well the Crafts can afford it or something like that, forget that. Crafts give money to many charities and UK. It is not the right of anyone to say let someone else do that.

This wasn't Pope. This was NIL and UK admin. They need to generate money because the donors aren't going to do this every year to pad the NIL to get better players. Pope probably didn't like it but had zero control over the decision.

It most certainly is the right of any UK fan to say "let the Crafts pay for it". That's free speech. Is it likely to happen that the Crafts pony up? No, it isn't. But the way the landscape is going, it will soon be the Roman elite attending the games. I don't think we're going to be seeing collegiate basketball games much longer, at least not with the best players.

It most certainly is the right of any UK fan to say "let the Crafts pay for it". That's free speech. Is it likely to happen that the Crafts pony up? No, it isn't. But the way the landscape is going, it will soon be the Roman elite attending the games. I don't think we're going to be seeing collegiate basketball games much longer, at least not with the best players.
My point being, I do not see anybody having the right to tell another person how to spend their monies. The gall to say, you have more than me, give it up is not OK with my. It is OK to ask someone if they want to help with something for charity. UK basketball is a multimillion dollar business. UK is not some homeless vet on the street needing food, shelter and such. That is all I am saying.

This wasn't Pope. This was NIL and UK admin. They need to generate money because the donors aren't going to do this every year to pad the NIL to get better players. Pope probably didn't like it but had zero control over the decision.

Don't see Cal or Pitino allowing this to happen.

There's no way they can make any more money by keeping the video up or by taking it down this year. The event is over. I guess they figure they take it down to protect doing the same thing next year. Forcing fans to poney up the big bucks again to see the B/W game. Yes kind a dic move.

Lesson I learned, if a video like that goes up, better watch it quick.

"You must pay $1000 for a scrimmage or you will NEVER see it". Followed by a maniacal laugh and Dr Evil pinky. If UK did this, it's really pathetic.
I agree. If UK is responsible for replay viewing to be removed, that is a big middle finger to fans. I find it difficult to believe the UKAA would be that bold and callous.

UKs little event was a failure. Hope they wise up and go back to reality next year.
I think raising close to a million dollars is direct OPPOSITE of failure... Geez people need to get over themselves this was a FUND RAISER for NIL not a charity event for fans... There are plenty of times to go watch UK...

I think raising close to a million dollars is direct OPPOSITE of failure... Geez people need to get over themselves this was a FUND RAISER for NIL not a charity event for fans... There are plenty of times to go watch UK...

They can raise the money and still show the game so all UK fans can watch. The event was less than half full. Those that went said it sucked.

You can see it how you want. I see it as raising ONLY close to a million, while rubbing a majority of the fanbase wrong. You can call it a win though, if ya want. Cal would.

They can raise the money and still show the game so all UK fans can watch. The event was less than half full. Those that went said it sucked.
I thought about going to the game and reviewed the seating map on Friday for available tickets. There were some left, mostly in the very top rows. When I saw the video clips here, I saw PLENTY of empty seats that were not shown as available when I was shopping. My guess is that many tickets were purchased to support the NIL drive, but the tickets were not used. Perhaps businesses bought multiple tickets and could not find employees or customers interested in attending ... just a thought ??

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT