ADVERTISEMENT

CMS complaining about NIL publicly

Direct payment of players by the school is coming, probably next year and there could be some controls instituted by the League, however NIL are deals cut between private entities including the collectives and the individual player. Those, by law cannot be controlled or capped by anyone. They're private deals.
You can cap someone’s NIL earnings by getting that individual to agree to transfer their publicity rights to you.

So, for example, you could negotiate a deal where you pay the individual in exchange for them granting you exclusive rights to their name, image, and likeness. That individual would then no longer be free to secure their own NIL deals because you now own their publicity rights.

Mark Stoops’ NIL earnings are capped by his contract with UK.

He makes $9M/yr and he’s complaining about the stress of NIL. You can’t make this stuff up.

“I feel very isolated, very alone. I’ll be honest, I don’t know how long I can take dealing with what I’ve dealt with. Myself, personally, I can only do so much. I’ve never felt this kind of stress and pressure.”

That’s a bit dramatic and over the top IMO. I’ve never liked sales jobs, but for $9M/yr, I would make it work without complaining to my customers. Work this stuff out with Mitch, don’t complain to us. At least he didn’t use the term “pony up” again.

Come on dude lighten up.
There is only 24 hrs in a day. I would bet he is in the office at 6am and doesn’t leave till 8pm. Seven days a week. That’s coaching.
Now, it’s NIL time. 8pm till 12am.
Six hours sleep and back at it.
9 million is stupid money, I would not live like that for long tho. Unless you wanna die young.
You think Saban had to go out every night raising money??? Calipari. ?? Not a chance. CMS has 75 hungry mouths to feed and they all wanna eat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT