ADVERTISEMENT

Ponder the Culture Change for a Second . . . .

Glad you are fine with 7-5 seasons, they are better than 5-7 or even worse but certainly nothing to get excited about.

I am fine with the progress being made.

2, 5, 5, 7, 7, 8+

Quick, give me the list of coaches who have had a longer string of improvement in the history of the SEC?

Jordan at Auburn, General Neyland at UT and Spurrier at South Carolina have had 7 successive seasons of improvement, and Stoops 6.

If you aren’t satisfied with the progress, let me buy your tickets. Oh yeah, you don’t have any.

So you think an upset is when the losing team outgains the winner in total yardage and snaps of the ball.

I’d never heard that, but I guess I see what you’re saying.

The hard part is, if Illinois beat Ohio State and if Illinois outgained them
by 150 yards, the whole world would call it an upset, but by your definition, it wouldn’t be one.

Hence, until you knew “the run [flow] of the game” there would not be a favorite and a dog.
There'd be a fav & dog, but if the dog won & got the better of it, it wouldn't be an upset, just a bunch of misinformed/ dumb bettors.

There'd be a fav & dog, but if the dog won & got the better of it, it wouldn't be an upset, just a bunch of misinformed/ dumb bettors.

A unique perspective. So, if 3 win Kansas beat Texas, today, but outgained Texas, that would not be an “upset” by your definition.

Got it!

But if Kansas got beat by Texas while outgaining Texas, heavily favored Texas would have “upset” Kansas.

Alrighty, then.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT