ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Satisfaction With Our Roster

Are you satisfied with our roster, right now ??

• YES

Votes: 182 63.2%
  • NO

Votes: 106 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Considering everything, yes. The only minor improvement would have been an experienced true center like brown.

I'm not sure you get mitchell with brown though and I prefer mitchell.

Kentucky fans deserve a team with a balanced roster. By "balanced" I mean:

1. Five Five-star potential phenom freshmen recruits
2. Five returning all-SEC caliber players.
3. Five guys out of the transfer portal who were at least all-conferenve on their last team.

I'm not seeing that in this bunch. Sorry.
So 15 all-conference potential players………..15. So let’s put a roster like this together
Five freshman phenoms:
Davis
Wall
Cousins
Murray
Fox
Returning all SEC caliber:
Miller
T. Jones
Doron Lamb
Nick Richards
PJ Washington
5 pickups, all conference:
Grady
Wheeler
Reeves
Mitchell
Oscar

Yeah, would be nice.

I’m satisfied at this point, would be very happy if we add Cyril.

However, let’s not act like this was planned out very well. That said, IDGAS how we get it, long as we get there.

Kudos for pulling it off with literally not much time to spare. Let’s see how Cal plays with this group and how much success they have, which, of course, is the ultimate barometer. I went from apathetic to fairly excited within a couple weeks tho, not gonna lie.

I don't like or care for the journey on how UK arrived at this roster.... but it's a contender.

Not satisfied- don't think many people were satisfied until we added a 3 star guard from Indiana and according to articles I read, the 27th best transfer player- not sure how a 3 star guard and the 27th best transfer changes our roster to the point where I am satisfied

I'm satisfied but I'm nervous that Bradshaw may never play. Some of the media have reported that Klutch doesn't want him to play at all for Kentucky.
Such a dumb strategy from Klutch. And anyone in the NBA with some balls should stay far away from someone too afraid to showcase their skillset.

I'd be pretty surprised if Cal would allow another Sharpe situation though. He knows how bad the optics were and I'm of the opinion he was frustrated by it too. If he is healthy and doesn't want to play, send him to see Kahlil Whitney.

Such a dumb strategy from Klutch. And anyone in the NBA with some balls should stay far away from someone too afraid to showcase their skillset.

I'd be pretty surprised if Cal would allow another Sharpe situation though. He knows how bad the optics were and I'm of the opinion he was frustrated by it too. If he is healthy and doesn't want to play, send him to see Kahlil Whitney.
I truly wish I was confident Cal wouldn't allow another Sharpe situation but I believe he would without hesitation

As of this second no. Too many whiffs and now Bradshaw is a major question mark..
Too many whiffs? You realize we have 4 of the top 10 recruits right. Have had for months and months. Also picked up some valuable pieces recently and some experience from the portal. It’s all media driven how people feel about it. Duke had 3 top 10 players when Zion, RJ and Cam were there and the media touted them as all worldly pre season.

How people expected us to get the top transfers to come when we had such highly touted recruits baffles me. Those guys don’t want to come to be option 5-7, they want to go we’re they can be 1-3 options.

If people learned to think on their own and not follow the narratives being pushed they’d be over the moon with this roster. By far the most talented we’ve has since 2017 and has good depth at this point. Inexperienced? Sure, but we have the top level talent we have been missing in recent years. I think the majority on here will be eating crow on this team by years end.

Klutch: Shut it down, and you too can go 58th in the draft.

This will be Cal’s highest scoring team since Fox/Monk/Bam. Now,can they defend? That remains to be seen. But this will be an exciting team no doubt.

• Haha
Reactions: kyjeff1
Three freshmen that are good enough to be projected lottery picks. A couple proven veterans that have been in a ton of college games in Reeves and Mitchell. A couple dudes with tons of upside in Onyenso and Thiero. And some quality bench players that may or may not see PT, but will compete in practice, and may contribute in years to come.

Im about as happy as can reasonably be expected.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
This will be Cal’s highest scoring team since Fox/Monk/Bam. Now,can they defend? That remains to be seen. But this will be an exciting team no doubt.
I'm ok with sacrificing a little defense to put points up. Defense can be taught and worked on. Poor shooting seems to be unfixable here at times.

A lot happier with Mitchell but noway in hell can we go into this season with 1 center especially with Bradshaw who doesnt even want to play the 5 hurt. Another solid big and I will feel good about it. Take Canada's scholly back and add solud 2 pcs to give us 13 and I would be over the moon excited. Right now we are still one piece away and the Bradshaw thing is concerning.

I honestly don't even care if they can be an elite defensive team. I know many won't agree with that, but it's our offense that's been very spotty the last few years. Let's figure out ways to score 80+ on most nights, and then we can start clamping down on defense.

We were 110th in ppg last year, 168th in 2021, 64th in 2020.. that's not going to win you much come March. For reference, the first 7-8 years under Cal, we pretty much hovered anywhere from the top10 to top50. Even the Nerlens year we were in the top40.

Not at all. A group of individuals thrown together at last minute. All playing for themselves, and most know that no more than 7 will get consistent, quality time. Several bailed on the former team, several have zero college minutes and aren't anywhere near physically or mentally mature. And all season we'll all be thinking and talking about who will even be on the team next year, deep down knowing hardly any, so any actual development won't matter. No thanks.

Funny how all the experts here thought we weren't going to have enough players just 2 weeks ago.
Funnier still is that those same experts didn't think the Kentucky coaching staff had a plan to build a roster.
Cal deserved the criticism he received for a long time.

He’s pulled it together though and I think our roster has as much talent as anyone in the country if Bradshaw plays.

Hopefully we can get back to getting a 1 seed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT