POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
only see pluses. Parents deciding where to send their kids to schools vs. having one public choice is a great idea. Competition improves quality.
Private schools - if given public money - will only raise tuition even further. It has been proven over and over and over again. I hate to be a dick, but the reason private education works is because for the most part they keep the bad students out.

Reactions: Mdnerd
Imo it will be a good thing. It isnt vouchers per se because the parents dont pay, but the funding is from the state based on attendance, so its the same functionality.

Unfortunately it isn't. The schools getting the money rather than the parents receiving vouchers and the schools reducing the parents' direct costs is not the answer. That's why they changed it. Hopefully the schools will reduce costs for the parents.

I saw alot of people claiming it will kill rural schools. Wrong because there is no competition there. So they will remain uneffected.

It will absolutely kill crappy schools in cities if they dont improve, which is a good thing. By introducing competition to the system, parents get more say in their kids' education and schools either come in line or die off.

The only people who will really suffer are the teachers union and the do nothing politicians/administrators if they dont get their public schools in line.

Without putting the voucher in the hands of the parents, I don't know that this will do what we were hoping it will. Im hoping it's not just another way that the system can be abused by administrators

the b***h hates this country

Ah, okay, so the people who came here and created the modern world, were "shameful" and "spread disease" and "stole land" but the low IQ, government dependent, and often violent savages that are being flown here are good and they're not "stealing" this country?

No one should apologize for creating everything that these POS enjoy daily by coming here.

I'm also tired of this "waaah, they stole the land" and portraying natives as some unified and peaceful people. There was no government. These tribes killed each other and conquered land from one another. But only whites are taught to feel bad about victory in fighting over land like every place that has ever existed.

This would be like asking to celebrate the runner-up to the Super Bowl from 1968 and demanding the winner apologize and feel shame. Eff off.

By the way, this shows how far gone the left is. The fact that you can be the candidate for this country while trashing its heritage and origin and the ancestors of the majority of your population all while praising foreigners and wanting to replace you, speaks volumes about the current Democrat Party.

Last edited:
Private schools - if given public money - will only raise tuition even further.

Unless I am missing something, your example doesn't make sense....if they get an allocation, then why would they raise tuition? If they aren't raising enough money thru their normal fund raising channels, then I can see them putting in a request for funds. And perhaps the "bad students" are only that way as a result of the situation they are in at their current location, and all they need is a chance to improve....they are at least owed an opportunity.

Kind of like my health insurance. Sure, I get to write it off for my taxes, but I'm still paying it every month. 🙃

And writing it off is not getting your money back, like a few libs&rinos here might think. It only means you're not taxed on that money. So you save up to 15% in taxes.

You have to have been born yesterday to care about the presidential selection. I’ve been hearing the same things for now 7 of these and it’s the exact same rhetoric and you just change the names

The country only keeps swirling lower and lower down the shitter regardless of who the president is

Reactions: Gators1853
Yes. It does. Read the article. Das Kapital is the #2 assigned ECONOMIC text in the country, second only to Wealth of freaking Nations. I didn’t link it for the part about The Communist Manifesto, that was a just a bonus.
Commies, Commies everywhere.

GZysGspWMAAexww

Private schools - if given public money - will only raise tuition even further. It has been proven over and over and over again. I hate to be a dick, but the reason private education works is because for the most part they keep the bad students out.
Unfortunately you are correct. This will have the devastating effect of dragging down private schools.

Reactions: JumperJack
Unless I am missing something, your example doesn't make sense....if they get an allocation, then why would they raise tuition? If they aren't raising enough money thru their normal fund raising channels, then I can see them putting in a request for funds. And perhaps the "bad students" are only that way as a result of the situation they are in at their current location, and all they need is a chance to improve....they are at least owed an opportunity.
Oh, you think private schools have a set amount they need and won’t spend every dollar they can get their hands on? Have you ever been to a college campus in the last 10 years?

You still have to have an in-person interview to get into these schools. It's not simply just paying for it and let's be real, how many parents of troublemakers are going to spend a dollar on their school?

I still think it's important to not be trapped into a shitty school in your district. You should be able to go where you want to. Like in Lexington, why can't a parent drive their kid to another public school that is just three more miles away?

Back in the 90s, the rule for high school was you could go anywhere you wanted to start (theoretically could be two hours away if you wanted) but if you leave that school, you had to go to the school you were closest to. I did not attend the high school in my hometown because it sucked and their basketball program was garbage so I attended a school that was like 16 miles away. I don't think families can do this anymore but they should be able to if you want and are willing to drive.

To me, it's insane that we have the same political party arguing 'pro choice' when it's for abortion but then didn't want to give you a choice for COVID jabs and don't want you to be able to attend the school you want.

Reactions: vhcat70
Unfortunately you are correct. This will have the devastating effect of dragging down private schools.
How? You think shitty kids and their parents are only $300 a way from being able to attend a private school? Those parents aren't going to invest in a school. The free lunch crowd and the parents who have never driven them to school aren't going to give a shit about paying to go to private school even if they get a discount. We already have private schools that give financial assistance to kids.

Reactions: vhcat70
You have to have been born yesterday to care about the presidential selection. I’ve been hearing the same things for now 7 of these and it’s the exact same rhetoric and you just change the names

The country only keeps swirling lower and lower down the shitter regardless of who the president is
Are you about 23 or 24 ? Sounds like it

Reactions: AustinTXCat
So do I vote yes on this or is it going to be one of those oddly worded issues on the ballot meant to trick you into voting the opposite of what you really should.
My understanding is that voting yes gives them the option to use taxpayer money for private school vouchers and to setup Charter schools, but it doesn’t actually put the process in place.

-Could be beneficial to large school districts, but most private schools will raise tuition in the amount of the voucher and it won’t have any affect on who can/can’t attend.

-Wouldn’t be great for rural school districts since most are already underfunded, but there isn’t a lot of competition in those areas, so not sure how much money is actually pulled from public schools.

-Would be terrible for the school districts surrounding Jefferson and Fayette Counties. Several of these districts are “SEEK” losers meaning they don’t keep as much money as they put into the “pot”. The students that go to private schools attend schools outside of their home counties, so even more money would leave the area.

Reactions: WTF Cat
Ah, okay, so the people who came here and created the modern world, were "shameful" and "spread disease" and "stole land" but the low IQ, government dependent, and often violent savages that are being flown here are good and they're not "stealing" this country?

That does put it into perspective. It's hypocrisy and the elites know there is no putting that genie back in the bottle. It's the elites stealing the country not for the libs to have a better life, but to drop them back into the pit of despair out of which capitalism brought them. The people coming here are not going to raise wages and standard of living. The leftist doesn't dare consider that, though

No one should apologize for creating everything that these POS enjoy daily by coming here.

Exactly. What's done is done.

I'm also tired of this "waaah, they stole the land" and portraying natives as some unified and peaceful people. There was no government.

There were some govts. In fact, some of our govt was based on some principles from the 2 nations- Iroquois and Algonquin. History of most native peoples is completely wiped away, so no telling if there were other govts.

They tribes killed each other and conquered land from one another. But only whites are taught to feel bad about victory in fighting over land like every place that has ever existed.

Exactly. Every continent has been fought over, torn apart, and resettled time after time. Teaching otherwise or not teaching at all has led us to this point.

This would be like asking to celebrate the runner-up to the Super Bowl from 1968 and demanding the winner apologize and feel shame. Eff off.

Excellent example, except I do think the Raiders deserve an apology, but from the rest of the AFL for not giving them better competition during the season.

By the way, this shows how far gone the left is. The fact that you can be the candidate for this country while trashing it's heritage and origin and the ancestors of the majority of your population all while praising foreigners and wanting to replace you, speaks volumes about the current Democrat Party.

Had another discussion with a rabid, TDS, wet-bread, pampered white boy while watching a football game yesterday. Might have been drinking a craft cocktail with aromatics (lol... or wished he was), and regurgitated EVERY stupid lib media talking point, while admitting he didn't even read the bill or watch the footage of what he was ranting about. Couldn't look me in the eye once he was called out on it.

My buddy said it had to be something to do with what people are drinking and eating somehow. He just can't understand how misinformed and delusional they ALL are. Neither of us watch Fox. Neither of us worship Trump. The only thing we can figure is that people are passively listening to all of this garbage media while working during the day and so they feel informed and outraged without knowing why.

It's like they suspend their disbelief when watching news more than they do when watching Marvel, Disney, and Star Wars. Sht... as soon as I hear bullsht, lies, annoying/empty sound bites, and propaganda, I turn sht OFF. I'm not letting that sht rot my brain. I'm an active listener no matter when there's other media on around me.

My understanding is that voting yes gives them the option to use taxpayer money for private school vouchers and to setup Charter schools, but it doesn’t actually put the process in place.

That would be a good thing.

-Could be beneficial to large school districts, but most private schools will raise tuition in the amount of the voucher and it won’t have any affect on who can/can’t attend.

Pure speculation.

-Wouldn’t be great for rural school districts since most are already underfunded, but there isn’t a lot of competition in those areas, so not sure how much money is actually pulled from public schools.

Won't change anything much for rural schools.

-Would be terrible for the school districts surrounding Jefferson and Fayette Counties. Several of these districts are “SEEK” losers meaning they don’t keep as much money as they put into the “pot”. The students that go to private schools attend schools outside of their home counties, so even more money would leave the area.

Not likely. Might improve selection as private schools might be able to be started/funded in these counties now.

How? You think shitty kids and their parents are only $300 a way from being able to attend a private school? Those parents aren't going to invest in a school. The free lunch crowd and the parents who have never driven them to school aren't going to give a shit about paying to go to private school even if they get a discount. We already have private schools that give financial assistance to kids.

I need to do more research on this and likely made an ignorant post. Just read someone else’s and made what I hope is a bad assumption. Will definitely educate myself before casting my vote.

Thanks for some clarification as I am undecided and unknowledgeable about this issue.

Is there a plan in place by the state legislature (if it passes) to move toward vouchers? Giving them more control sounds like a mistake UNLESS this vote moves the voucher issue forward.

Regarding school choice, another thing to note is that 33 states already have some form of school choice.

Also wouldn't this possibly lead to vouchers for families who homeschool?

I'm adamantly against trapping families in shitty schools.

Reactions: BBUK and WTF Cat
the b***h hates this country

issues with abuses in Jamaica

Seems that cherry-picking from 2 centuries ago is kinda disingenuous or simply outrageous considering what the UN and other organizations are supporting and allowing around the world. She's a complete piece of sht for talking about it like most of the people here now ever had a part in it.

As my buddy says, "My Native American ancestors didn't. My European ancestors came here afterward. My African American ancestors were slaves but considered themselves more fortunate for being brought here than remaining in Africa. They probably wouldn't have existed into the late 20th or 21st century if they hadn't been brought here."

I know my native American ancestors survived and adapted, like a few other tribes did. That's what you do if you know you can't repel the invaders.

Reactions: BBUK
It would be so much easier to fix the public schools.
  1. Require legal status to attend - which would get rid a ton of these foreigners who can't speak the language which impacts the education of American kids.
  2. Push the kids who have severe learning disabilities requiring significantly more time from the teacher to special education classes.
  3. Expel kids who start fights / cheat / continually disrupt classes.
  4. Set up real honors classes again that you have to test well to get in.
Basically, what they did from the 50's through the 90's. Not hard.

It would be so much easier to fix the public schools.
  1. Require legal status to attend - which would get rid a ton of these foreigners who can't speak the language which impacts the education of American kids.
  2. Push the kids who have severe learning disabilities requiring significantly more time from the teacher to special education classes or schools specific for that purpose.
  3. First make kids who start fights / cheat / continually disrupt classes do school and community service for a week, and then expel repeat offenders.
  4. Set up real honors classes again that you have to test well to get in.
Basically, what they did from the 50's through the 90's. Not hard.

Exactly.

Bring back civics, logic, history, PE, and consumers ed.

This cannot be ignored or denied. This is clearly what is occurring. How many times have we seen this over the last year where a non-white criminal kills a white person and then a Democrat judge either finds them incompetent to stand trial, give them low bail, or release them.

They are continuing to make it legal to kill white people without going to prison.

ALL OF THEM ARE DEMOCRAT JUDGES!

Last edited:
They won't leave. They're here to fight, not to pick vegetables or collect welfare. The assaults you've seen randomly on the news are just pent up aggression that can't wait to come out. Just like the libs here. They're here for your house and your land, and for bloodshed.
They’ll leave if we have the backbone to stand up and force them. We have to use our military and be willing to use lethal force!

Oh, and stop passing kids on to the next grade when they haven't applied themselves and grasped concepts from the grade before. If it takes embarassment to get a kid to light a fire under them or turn their life around, by all means don't spare them from it.
You're not fixing this with the ideological left in control. We are in a current state where math is racist, where you can no longer fail, we're getting rid of ACT/SAT scores, and we can no longer have academic honors because it makes "some" feel bad.

When ideologues don't get the result they want through natural order, we must get rid of the standards and mandate the result they want.

Reactions: trueblujr2 and BBUK
The amendment doesn't say the legislature HAS to do that. I'd require any school that takes a voucher to not require any additional tuition payment or other expenses by the voucher students' parents. Private schools want to raise tuitions above the voucher amount, fine. They get no voucher students. This isn't hard to figure out.

Yep - even if she "wins" we aren't going to recognize this.
The problem is, she is just preaching the mantra that's been indoctrinated into the last couple of generations of kids through the corrupted education systems. So while the majority of us can see the danger in those remarks, today's millennials and Gen Z are all onboard with collapsing our country as we know it to usher in their Marxist Commie ways.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT