POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It was a single example of a similarly popular politician. Just going to pivot to Obama because you’re triggered by seeing his name and concede everything about cult-like Trump merch?
GY57rpiXIAArIU_

If someone lives in a place that floods frequently they should have it under current requirements. However it should not be forced simply because a property flooded once. Especially not when much of the flooding was caused because the epa stopped the practice of dredging creeks and rivers.

Plus fema assistance is not intended to be a secret trigger for flood insurance. They give a homeowner a one time benefit of $750 for a disaster the government helped create, and in return the homeowner/victim now gets to pay 1500+ every year for flood insurance. How is that helping anyone?
I think we've seen from recent disasters (particularly, Helene/Ashville), though, that flooding happens in places far away from coastal areas. And I don't think the federal government should have a policy that differentiates between flood aid in my FL community and eastern KY. You would want them to say if my property floods, in order to get aid I have to buy flood insurance, but the same principal does not apply to Eastern Ky or Western NC?

As far as the "trigger" argument, I guess this is intended to be a prudent use of government resources. You wouldn't want the government to repeatedly pay the same person aid for flood damage when they could have purchased insurance. But like with many things, it seems unfair in certain circumstances in actual practice.

Well, Trump may be the rare person who feels the need to “pull that off.” That is a meaningless move that may excite the sycophant, but holds no other productive purpose. Being presidential matters. It is a flaw of Trump that he is not. The fact he is not is the main reason why this race is close. He would have never lost to Joe Biden if he was presidential.

Think about that. We would not have suffered through the past four pathetic years if Trump was presidential.
I disagree with that being meaningless.

I think we've seen from recent disasters (particularly, Helene/Ashville), though, that flooding happens in places far away from coastal areas. And I don't think the federal government should have a policy that differentiates between flood aid in my FL community and eastern KY. You would want them to say if my property floods, in order to get aid I have to buy flood insurance, but the same principal does not apply to Eastern Ky or Western NC?

As far as the "trigger" argument, I guess this is intended to be a prudent use of government resources. You wouldn't want the government to repeatedly pay the same person aid for flood damage when they could have purchased insurance. But like with many things, it seems unfair in certain circumstances in actual practice.
The government has numerous agencies that map floodplains and tell you what will flood. These suggestions get ignored. They are not convenient. If there's one thing there's a lot of expertise in in the government, it's flooding. USGS, USDA, FEMA, USACE all have top experts in flooding.

Beyond the fact the government is involved in insurance, i have no issue with a flood prone property being included in the program. These are not flood prone.

They arent repeatedly paying the same person. Its a first time ever benefit, for which the person qualifies. These are not properties with a flood history and in fact many never flooded before.

The only qualifying element is they received a one time fema benefit. I guarantee if they were fully informed accepting this pittance would result in a massive negative outcome, they wouldn't do it.

The final piece of the stupid puzzle is the epa needs to stop their insane prevention of dredging. Especially in mountainous areas, run off builds up settlement in creek and river beds and needs dredged every year. Before, every year these communities would dredge early spring and/or late fall. Its along the same stupid lines as the prevention of cutting dead brush in California that leads to disaster.

If someone lives in a place that floods frequently they should have it under current requirements. However it should not be forced simply because a property flooded once. Especially not when much of the flooding was caused because the epa stopped the practice of dredging creeks and rivers.

Plus fema assistance is not intended to be a secret trigger for flood insurance. They give a homeowner a one time benefit of $750 for a disaster the government helped create, and in return the homeowner/victim now gets to pay 1500+ every year for flood insurance. How is that helping anyone?

I believe the Corps had a plan for the EKY area long before the most recent floods and no one put it into action. No one being government.

You would think a self-proclaimed history major would know that many immigrants changed their names to make them more American sounding in the 1900s. It is a pathetic ignorance to call that a grift and xenophobic. Congrats. Second time in one day. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Get out of the D-Sus bubble.
Trumps family did it 300 years prior to that.

Wait a second, Dionysus is blaming Donald Trump for “grifting” because his family changed their name hundreds of years ago and thats the name he was born with?

lol

That’s even more retarded than what I thought he was claiming.

Jesus Christ, the left can’t meme.

I had a classmate from HS tell me that she was worried for her son's safety ... because he is mixed and she thought "trump the raaaaysist" was going to round up all the blacks and put them in camps.

TDS is real and the Democrats have perfected mis/disinformation (aka lies).
You would think that after having Trump as president for 4 years and nothing remotely close to any of the fear mongering happening came true, that libs would realize how stupid they looked and tone that crap down. This requires self awareness though, and a lack of it is requirement number 1 for joining the leftist cult.

I believe the Corps had a plan for the EKY area long before the most recent floods and no one put it into action. No one being government.

Much of the flooded area was a former corp project when they completely relocated an entire part of a county so they could build a reservoir to relieve flooding in counties downstream. That was in maybe the 50s or 60s.

That worked fine until the epa stopped the routine dredging.

Reactions: exemjr
You would think that after having Trump as president for 4 years and nothing remotely close to any of the fear mongering happening came true, that libs would realize how stupid they looked and tone that crap down. This requires self awareness though, and a lack of it is requirement number 1 for joining the leftist cult.
Here's what we remember.

This just popped up on my X feed. Wow….. This young lady’s perspective strongly resembles that of a poster on this board:

So many women are dumb AF, almost all are overly emotional and irrational. These types are not capable of having any type of calm and logical convo. It’s immediate hostility and strawman craziness.

I have read before that border patrol said a high number of those on terror watch list were trying the northern border cause they thought it was the best way in without any detection.

Last edited:
What? That's not at all how that went down. You sent me a dem fabricated political video lmao.

You can see the full clip of how JD listened to Walz answer, and gave the camera a look like "is this guy serious?".

That happened. There's no debating that.
Both your clowns are still lying about losing the election. Only the cult believes that.

Harris supporters burned down st Louis Minneapolis Baltimore etc. did Kamala do those things???
Funny.... Don't remember Kamala giving an angry riot inducing speech in any of those cities telling those people that she won an election she lost and that they have to "fight like hell" to get their country back.... And to follow her to the state Capitol to make them fix the election results.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT