ADVERTISEMENT

Top 5-6 ranked teams.

dyersburgcatfan

Sophomore
Jan 14, 2013
We've already played Georgia(#1), Ole Miss(#5/6) and still must play Texas and Tenn, both ranked in top 5. If those rankings hold up we will have played an entire fourth of our regular season schedule against top 5 teams. I wonder when that has ever happened before. That is a brutal schedule, but if we could win one or both of those remaining games, beat U of L, and win the games we'll be favored in, it would be a really good season, given how we bombed out against S. Car.

Yes, a hideous schedule, but one of great opportunities.

We’ve won the first of our “non winnable,” so, who knows?!?!

We've already played Georgia(#1), Ole Miss(#5/6) and still must play Texas and Tenn, both ranked in top 5. If those rankings hold up we will have played an entire fourth of our regular season schedule against top 5 teams. I wonder when that has ever happened before. That is a brutal schedule, but if we could win one or both of those remaining games, beat U of L, and win the games we'll be favored in, it would be a really good season, given how we bombed out against S. Car.
You make an excellent point !! Our schedule truly is BRUTAL !!
Not sure, but I THINK LSU played around nine (9) teams that were ranked in the TOP 20 when they won it all with Burrow.

In reality our schedule is just “another day in the SEC.”

Yes Mizzou pulled a “weak” schedule, but that won’t happen every year.

I think our schedule is essentially the same, next year. Having 3 of the 4 toughest at home might be a winning formula over the highly ranked.

You make an excellent point !! Our schedule truly is BRUTAL !!
Not sure, but I THINK LSU played around nine (9) teams that were ranked in the TOP 20 when they won it all with Burrow.
Just looked at they played 9, 7, 9 and 3 in the regular season and 4, 4 and 3 in the postseason. Pretty damn impressive!

That same season (2019), Auburn played 11, 10, 5, 4 and 2 in the regular season. In the final rankings, they had played teams that finished the season ranked 8th, 6th, 5th, 4th and 1st.

In reality our schedule is just “another day in the SEC.”

Yes Mizzou pulled a “weak” schedule, but that won’t happen every year.

I think our schedule is essentially the same, next year. Having 3 of the 4 toughest at home might be a winning formula over the highly ranked.
Yep. Florida plays Tennessee, Georgia, Texas and Ole Miss too....and they have Miami OOC.

Agree. Florida has / had the gauntlet of a schedule. That in itself didn't do Napier any favors. Especially with having Miami being so good this year. On the plus side, they got FSU in a "down" year. Imagine if they was having the season they was suppose to have. The ole saying "no matter how bad you have got it, someone always has it worse" is so true in UK's case, not sure it could get any tougher in Florida's case.
Florida schedule with notable games :
Texas A&M
Miami
Tenn.
UK
Georgia
Texas
LSU
Ole Miss
FSU (lucky they are down)
They have UCF this week.

ADVERTISEMENT