POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thank you. More gracious than most of your colleagues here. The goal is always education.

Now, back to substance. Do you think Kamala/Walz has a worse or better shot at NE2 than Biden/Kamala did?
Gotta agree with Walz here.

GY2v10UXcAAWlNI

Lol reading these ap fact checks. One said vance incorrectly linked rising home costs to "immigrants" when its actually low housing inventory.

Lmao why is there low housing inventory? Such bs biased msm as usual.
Agree. Supply and demand. You and I both mentioned as much in other related posts.

MSM loves running cover for the ongoing invasion.

Well, Trump may be the rare person who feels the need to “pull that off.” That is a meaningless move that may excite the sycophant, but holds no other productive purpose. Being presidential matters. It is a flaw of Trump that he is not. The fact he is not is the main reason why this race is close. He would have never lost to Joe Biden if he was presidential.

Think about that. We would not have suffered through the past four pathetic years if Trump was presidential.
So you think the 2020 election was on the up and up and Biden really beat Trump with 81 milly votes? K.

Skipping ahead,

Solar energy sucks.
Wind energy sucks

Even though I strongly criticize solar for used panel toxicity and wind for blade disposition, I generally support both platforms as alternative energy sources. Same for hydro-power, geothermal and other sources.

I'll catch hell for what I'm about to state, but in my opinion, true conservatism focuses on resource conservation. We have one world. We should take care of it. I feel USA, under various regimes, is a decent environmental steward, but can do better. China really needs to get on board. Good luck convincing Beijing.
I think the VP debate last night represents better the state of public opinion than the Presidential debate did. There is more agreement and in common on most issues than you hear from the more extreme members from both parties.
They both run on division instead of running to get sh** done for the American people.
Hell, I think the mainstream Pubs and Dems are closer than they've ever been on immigration, housing, energy production, police/military and crime.
The fringe might talk different but not the mainstream in either party.
The Democrat mayor of Louisville is calling for the crushing of any vehicle caught street racing right now.
Kamala knows she can't win Dems Or independents without being mainstream on the border, crime and energy production (fracking).
Trump is NOT a conservative and is divisive as hell..... Kamala is a left wing liberal in moderate sheep's clothing. Neither is my first choice.
I do think our system of checks and balances can contain most anything kooky Kamala would try. The same can't be said for Trump this round. He's learned from last time to surround himself completely with yes men, suck ups and loyalists. That's bad for America.
That's why I can't support him.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Well, Trump may be the rare person who feels the need to “pull that off.” That is a meaningless move that may excite the sycophant, but holds no other productive purpose. Being presidential matters. It is a flaw of Trump that he is not. The fact he is not is the main reason why this race is close. He would have never lost to Joe Biden if he was presidential.

Think about that. We would not have suffered through the past four pathetic years if Trump was presidential.
He didn’t lose to Joe Biden, he was stripped of his presidency through Democratic tactics. He was right to call it out and fight for it despite how some thinks it made him look. He is exposing our government for all to see, you either want to it or you don’t.

I think the VP debate last night represents better the state of public opinion than the Presidential debate did. There is more agreement and in common on most issues than you hear from the more extreme members from both parties.
They both run on division instead of running to get sh** done for the American people.
Hell, I think the mainstream Pubs and Dems are closer than they've ever been on immigration, housing, energy production, police/military and crime.
The Democrat mayor of Louisville is calling for the crushing of any vehicle caught street racing right now.
Kamala knows she can't win Dems Or independents without being mainstream on the border, crime and energy production (fracking).
Trump is NOT a conservative and is divisive as hell..... Kamala is a left wing liberal in moderate sheep's clothing. Neither is my first choice.
I do think our system of checks and balances can contain most anything kooky Kamala would try. The same can't be said for Trump this round. He's learned from last time to surround himself completely with yes men, suck ups and loyalists. That's bad for America.

What a long winded way of saying "Our guy lost last night".

He didn’t lose to Joe Biden, he was stripped of his presidency through Democratic tactics. He was right to call it out and fight for it despite how some thinks it made him look. He is exposing our government for all to see, you either want to it or you don’t.

Or, you and he did not prove it.

Reactions: vhcat70
Wall Street Journal on last night's debate.

Republican vice presidential candidate JD Vance spoke confidently and clearly, while Democrat Tim Walz had a tougher time finding his footing at what’s expected to be the last debate between the two camps before Election Day.
Pretty fair assessment. JD was smooth and Walz was a little shaky at times. I think JD is also just a better debater and liar than Walz.
JD saying Trump saved Obamacare is flat out laughable. He tried to kill it repeatedly and would have if not for John McCain. But JD sounded good lying about it.
Walz sounded like an idiot defending his China trips and they never called him out on his military fabrications.
They are both liars.
JD is just better at it.
That said, I think JD is making a mistake if he becomes a Trump chump. He is very intelligent and could be a potential Presidential candidate with his political skills.
The best thing that could happen to him is to lose this election before becoming too tainted from Trump and run again as a mainstream Republican 4 years from now.
MAGA is just too extreme and divisive to run the national government imo.

There’s no middle ground here

Kamala was installed by democrat shadow operators after they removed Biden from the ticket after having propped him up as their mentally incompetent puppet for years. She’s never received any support from voters in any federal election. Refuses to do any interviews or sit with any media personalities that aren’t already in the bag. And picked a VP candidate who is shockingly less competent than her yet still able to function without a feeding tube.

Yet you’re concerned with Trump who has the entire power of the Harris DOJ going after him, has had prominent democrats join on his ticket even though they still openly criticize him, sits with any and all media outlets for open conversations and picked a VP candidate who was and has been critical of him.

You are an insane person if you aren’t being paid by democrats to post shit that’s so dumb.

Pretty fair assessment. JD was smooth and Walz was a little shaky at times. I think JD is also just a better debater and liar than Walz.
JD saying Trump saved Obamacare is flat out laughable. He tried to kill it repeatedly and would have if not for John McCain. But JD sounded good lying about it.
Walz sounded like an idiot defending his China trips and they never called him out on his military fabrications.
They are both liars.
JD is just better at it.
That said, I think JD is making a mistake if he becomes a Trump chump. He is very intelligent and could be a potential Presidential candidate with his political skills.
The best thing that could happen to him is to lose this election before becoming too tainted from Trump and run again as a mainstream Republican 4 years from now.
MAGA is just too extreme and divisive to run the national government imo.

Another stupid analysis. If Trump/Vance lose this election, there will never be another R president. And the Harris DOJ will likely bankrupt Vance as retribution for joining the Trump ticket.

What a long winded way of saying "Our guy lost last night".
I'd say JD won on points with his style and debate skills....But Walz sent Vance to the floor and a standing 8 count with his Jan 6th roundhouse punch.
At the end of the day the needle wasn't really moved by this debate imo.

• Haha
Reactions: mdlUK.1
Another stupid analysis. If Trump/Vance lose this election, there will never be another R president. And the Harris DOJ will likely bankrupt Vance as retribution for joining the Trump ticket.
These kinds of replies make it real hard to have substantive debate on this forum.

There’s no middle ground here

Kamala was installed by democrat shadow operators after they removed Biden from the ticket after having propped him up as their mentally incompetent puppet for years. She’s never received any support from voters in any federal election. Refuses to do any interviews or sit with any media personalities that aren’t already in the bag. And picked a VP candidate who is shockingly less competent than her yet still able to function without a feeding tube.

Yet you’re concerned with Trump who has the entire power of the Harris DOJ going after him, has had prominent democrats join on his ticket even though they still openly criticize him, sits with any and all media outlets for open conversations and picked a VP candidate who was and has been critical of him.

You are an insane person if you aren’t being paid by democrats to post shit that’s so dumb.
Ditto my last response

• Haha
Reactions: Caveman Catfan
Google AI fact check on Walz:

“According to some sources, the percentage of homes purchased by investors has been increasing over the years, but the overall impact of large-scale investors on the housing market is relatively modest”

This is the same sort of lie that Harris and Walz present about inflation when they blame corporate price gouging. Economists disagree and yet they keep saying it, while out of the other side of their mouth touting economists when they believe economists agree with them or disagree with Trump.

Dems have always promoted the nefarious bad guy argument when they don’t have a leg to stand upon.

I'd say JD won on points with his style and debate skills....But Walz sent Vance to the floor and a standing 8 count with his Jan 6th roundhouse punch.
At the end of the day the needle wasn't really moved by this debate imo.

Jan 6th lol. An event almost half a decade ago that has literally no affect on anyone today. It's in the past. I don't understand why we are still talking about this, especially when dems never seem to give a shit when their side burns entire cities down.

It's no wonder that THIS is the thing the left keeps harping on, it's about all they have. Keep making Jan 6th some big bad boogeyman that Trump will "do" again (In quotes because he didn't do anything different than liberal politicians saying "we need to take to the streets" and "we can't let him win by any means".).

I’m just flabbergasted that you think trump not being presidential is what cost him the election and not the massive voter fraud. Maybe you don’t think there was any fraud. Which is fine, just wrong.

I guess we agree that Trump is not presidential, but disagree that it was the reason Biden, the pathological liar who was long said to never have a shot at the presidency and who could not maintain a coherent thought, beat him. I am okay with our disagreement and my position therein.

And, “any fraud” and decisive fraud are two different things.

Reactions: vhcat70
I guess we agree that Trump is not presidential, but disagree that it was the reason Biden, the pathological liar who was long said to never have a shot at the presidency and who could not maintain a coherent thought, beat him. I am okay with our disagreement and my position therein.

And, “any fraud” and decisive fraud are two different things.
I think not being presidential/typical politician wins him more votes than what he loses from it. And the reason he lost 2020 was due to massive voter fraud.

So we may agree about how he presents himself, but we are obviously very far apart on how that translates to voters and the reason why he really lost in 2020

Last edited:

You would be incorrect. If that was the case, then you wouldn't see Kamala still have a chance in this race despite 3 yrs of ailed policies on the issues you listed. The left is more left than ever in my lifetime on all of those issues.

Reactions: cat_chaser
i hear this lie repeated every day in dem political ads. i’ve actually met people who believe trump said he is in favor of a national abortion ban. classic joe goebels—repeat a lie often enough and it becomes truth

Reactions: OHIO COLONEL
You would be incorrect. If that was the case, then you wouldn't see Kamala still have a chance in this race despite 3 yrs of ailed policies on the issues you listed. The left is more left than ever in my lifetime on all of those issues.
You're just wrong.
Immigration: Biden has basically shut down the border right now with his ASYLUM EO. The only difference between the two parties right now is remain in Mexico and kids in cages.

Housing: Both parties are advocating for building more affordable housing and increasing inventory. The only difference is how to do it.

Energy: US is producing more oil under Biden than at any other time in history. Kamala is for fracking. Only difference is the Dems wanna mix in more battery, wind and solar. It will move that way eventually because the world will demand it.

Police/military: Mainstream Dems are more pro military and police than at any time I remember.

Crime: NOBODY in the Dem party is running on being soft on crime or criminals right now. Haven't heard defund the police mentioned by anyone but Republicans anymore.

• Haha
Reactions: mdlUK.1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT