POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That money is being spent to defeat progressives, actual leftists, just like it's being spent to defeat Republicans. Some of it has even been spent to support MAGA candidates as Dems thought they'd have a better chance against them in the general. You're not making the point you think you are.
GWuZ97aW4AAeMBo

Republicans are unwilling to address the gun issue with tougher restrictions on weapons in the homes of mentally ill teens and refuse to pass tougher red flag laws.
Republicans are a danger to the lives and health of the women and children of America.
The blue Wave coming will show where the majority of Americans stand on these issues of abortion and guns.

Some us us realize it’s a mental health issue, not a gun issue. That’s why I’m paying a shit load of money annually for a god damn preschool ant a private school and avoiding the public school system you lunatics have your claws in.

I feel for the families that don’t have the means.

But I think I’m doing far more to protect my son by getting him away from the school system the lunatic lefties have their grips in, than anyone would ever be doing by taking guns away from law abiding Americans.

You’ve designed a system to produce these results, and want to use that as an excuse to ban guns.

This is why you are a ****ing clown. There isn’t anything that can be done by gun laws to prevent a 14 year old from doing this shit. He had the gun illegally so what do you propose clown boy to prevent illegal things from happening.
BS ya nutty azz Retardlican.
There is LOTS that we could do.
Tougher background checks that restrict access to purchasing AR15s if you have a mentally ill teen in your home.
Red flag laws that allow the temporary removal of those guns if a judge, police, therapist and school judge the child a danger.
Hire more school resource officers across the country.
Install metal detectors in every school.
You are a perfect example of why Republicans have become a clear and present danger to the health and safety of American women and children.
The Blue Wave is coming.

• Haha
Reactions: DrH. Lecter

According to the governor's office, Operation Disruption targeted human trafficking rings and resulted in "significant disruptions" to them, including:

• 91 people rescued by New Mexico State Police
  • 33 stash houses identified
  • 735 traffic stops conducted
  • 16 arrests between Aug. 17 and Aug. 29
  • Nine people found in the desert including one female in a life-or-death situation, who is currently recovering

Some us us realize it’s a mental health issue, not a gun issue. That’s why I’m paying a shit load of money annually for a god damn preschool ant a private school and avoiding the public school system you lunatics have your claws in.

But I think I’m doing far more to protect my son by getting him away from the school system the lunatic lefties have their grips in, than anyone would ever be doing by taking guns away from law abiding Americans.

You’ve designed a system to produce these results, and want to use that as an excuse to ban guns.
You're delusional and fooling yourself if you think it can't happen there in a private school.
It can also happen at a music show, grocery store, mall, fast food restaurant, parade, or anywhere people gather.
There is ZERO chance you send your kid to school and they come home trans. There is a much higher statistical chance they come home traumatized by gun violence or don't come home at all.... Yet you clowns spend all your time on trans issues while completely IGNORING the Number One killer of children in America.
Idiot

don’t blame you. you’re kids aren’t totally safe at any school is the sad truth.
the covenant school in nashville is a private school but we see what happened. i guess nowadays when choosing a school you have to consider the school’s security above the curriculum.

Tougher background checks that restrict access to purchasing AR15s if you have a mentally ill teen in your home.
Red flag laws that allow the temporary removal of those guns if a judge, police, therapist and school judge the child a danger.
You are a perfect example of why Republicans have become a clear and present danger to the health and safety of American women and children.
The Blue Wave is coming.
As much waste that happens in the school system I think it would be plausible for every school to have a metal detector leading into the school or when you first walk in no doubt. That to me is the biggest need in all of this and could have prevented a large majority of what has happened.

Most kids that do this haven't been diagnosed or flagged by any system so there's no way of knowing beforehand.

Districts around Kentucky have been hiring more resource officers and pretty sure its law now that there has to be one in every school.

I'm good with tougher background checks for anyone buying any gun honestly. Why would you be afraid of a deeper digging if you don't have anything to hide? Just my opinion and I am 100% Republican on the issue.

Liberals are always ready to tackle the big issues.

There were many meetings about this, many discussions about how to end the scourge of small shampoo bottles in hotel rooms in Illinois:

From the article:

A new law, signed by Gov. JB Pritzker (D) last month, will ban hotels in the state from providing small, single-use plastic bottles containing personal-care products to lodgers or guests using a hotel’s public bathroom.

The law, called the Small Plastic Bottle Act, says personal-care products include shampoo, hair conditioner and bath soap intended to be used in the shower and defines a small, single-use bottle as one under 6 ounces that’s not intended for re-use.

The law goes into effect beginning July 1, 2025, for hotels with 50 rooms or more and beginning Jan. 1, 2026, for hotels with less than 50 rooms. A hotel in violation of the law would receive a written warning for a first offense and a fine of up to $1,500 for a second and subsequent offenses.

As much waste that happens in the school system I think it would be plausible for every school to have a metal detector leading into the school or when you first walk in no doubt. That to me is the biggest need in all of this and could have prevented a large majority of what has happened.

Most kids that do this haven't been diagnosed or flagged by any system so there's no way of knowing beforehand.

Districts around Kentucky have been hiring more resource officers and pretty sure its law now that there has to be one in every school.

I'm good with tougher background checks for anyone buying any gun honestly. Why would you be afraid of a deeper digging if you don't have anything to hide? Just my opinion and I am 100% Republican on the issue.
Look.... I'm a Dem that owns multiple guns. I'm not against guns. I'm not even opposed to people owning AR15s.
I'm just opposed to mentally ill kids or adults owning AR15s..... Or having access to them in their home.
Just don't see why Republicans can't understand this.
It's not JUST mental illness. You will never stop that from happening. The only thing we can control (as much as possible) is trying to limit access to those weapons by mentally ill persons.
Tougher background checks.
Tougher red flag laws.
NOT taking guns away from sane, law abiding citizens.
This isn't F'ing rocket science.

The Blue Wave is coming.
Tougher background checks are already in place shit for brains.

Nothing stopping schools from hiring more resources now. They already get plenty of state funds support. Same goes for installing metal detectors. No one is stopping that.

You are the perfect example of a lefty looney.

You're delusional and fooling yourself if you think it can't happen there in a private school.
It can also happen at a music show, grocery store, mall, fast food restaurant, parade, or anywhere people gather.
There is ZERO chance you send your kid to school and they come home trans. There is a much higher statistical chance they come home traumatized by gun violence or don't come home at all.... Yet you clowns spend all your time on trans issues while completely IGNORING the Number One killer of children in America.
Idiot

Ok.

I can sleep at night knowing I’m doing what I can to lessen the probability that my son is negatively impacted by you goddam lunatics.

And that includes buying guns and ammo (and storing them safely) in the event you lefties get full control and go full communist like you’re pushing us towards.

There were many meetings about this, many discussions about how to end the scourge of small shampoo bottles in hotel rooms in Illinois:

From the article:

A new law, signed by Gov. JB Pritzker (D) last month, will ban hotels in the state from providing small, single-use plastic bottles containing personal-care products to lodgers or guests using a hotel’s public bathroom.

The law, called the Small Plastic Bottle Act, says personal-care products include shampoo, hair conditioner and bath soap intended to be used in the shower and defines a small, single-use bottle as one under 6 ounces that’s not intended for re-use.

The law goes into effect beginning July 1, 2025, for hotels with 50 rooms or more and beginning Jan. 1, 2026, for hotels with less than 50 rooms. A hotel in violation of the law would receive a written warning for a first offense and a fine of up to $1,500 for a second and subsequent offenses.
Democrats tackling the big issues.

The Blue Wave is coming.

So in your authoritarian view...a parents right to own a gun ceases if he is judged to have a mentally ill teen in his home. Do you really believe that?

How about if its a tranny kid, by definition mentally ill, should that parent lose his 2nd amendment rights? Are there other rights that you support taking away if there is a mentally ill person in the home? How about a "retard" using your word?

I kinda like doing what GA looks to be doing. JAIL the parent who does not take measures to secure his guns (assuming he didnt) after the authorities have paid you a visit and told you to do so. Sue the parent into the dirt. Take his house, car everything...if a court and a jury of his peers finds him negligent and liable.

Trump in court today with E Jean Carrol.......you know the lady that:

a: Doesn't remember the day month or even the YEAR Trump supposedly touched her.
b: Said on tape that rape was sexy and left CNN speechless
c: Bragged on the The View about how they were going to spend Trump's money on luxury.

Your tax dollars on this disgusting garbage.

So in your authoritarian view...a parents right to own a gun ceases if he is judged to have a mentally ill teen in his home. Do you really believe that?

How about if its a tranny kid, by definition mentally ill, should that parent lose his 2nd amendment rights? Are there other rights that you support taking away if there is a mentally ill person in the home? How about a "retard" using your word?

I kinda like doing what GA looks to be doing. JAIL the parent who does not take measures to secure his guns (assuming he didnt) after the authorities have paid you a visit and told you to do so. Sue the parent into the dirt. Take his house, car everything...if a court and a jury of his peers finds him negligent and liable.
I agree with your last point - the parent should definitely be charged and I like what GA is doing. I also find it a little disturbing that a poster who was an educator (has Sam said he was a special ed educator?) uses the word "retard" on here regularly. My son has a learning disability and it is BS for people to use that word.

But on to the main point - I wonder if there is a way to support a middle ground on the 2A issue you flag above - if the mentally ill kid is suspected of making a credible threat, could the guns be taken away for a period? In other words, the guns are not taken away just because the kid is mentally ill, but because he/she has threatened violence with guns.

I agree with your last point - the parent should definitely be charged and I like what GA is doing. I also find it a little disturbing that a poster who was an educator (has Sam said he was a special ed educator?) uses the word "retard" on here regularly. My son has a learning disability and it is BS for people to use that word.

But on to the main point - I wonder if there is a way to support a middle ground on the 2A issue you flag above - if the mentally ill kid is suspected of making a credible threat, could the guns be taken away for a period? In other words, the guns are not taken away just because the kid is mentally ill, but because he/she has threatened violence with guns.
Sambo is a Govt School teacher so that implies he is not a bright bulb and protected by a teachers union.

But back to the point...."dad" is not guilty simply because his son may be a threat. He, once notified by authorities, should be on the hook going forward if he is careless knowing the situation. I think if parents of these crazy kids start doing time in jail I believe they will take their exposure seriously. Maybe they will purchase a gun safe or get the guns out of the house. We really dont know where the kid got the gun do we? We are in the fog of war phase at this point. How did the kid get it from outside to inside? Did the school violate protocol like Uvalde?

Like the get-away driver gets charged with murder if his partner kills someone in a bank robbery....charge Dad with murder. That may clean some of this up.

From the article:

A perfect example of the stupidity of govt.

They want to get rid of anything less than 6 oz bottles, but you cant fly with more than 3.4 oz bottles.

You cannot make this stuff up.

But do you stop a parents right to defend their home because a kid made a threat? Posted something online?
Where do you draw a line where the kid is showing off, goofing off, or actually capable of shooting up a school?
How often are school shooters totally off the radar?

If my guns are locked up, and I have the keys to the safe hidden, and my teenager finds them or finds a way to break into the safe, and then goes and shoots up a school, I should be charged? I probably failed as a parent, but not sure that one is going to hold water.

If a 16 year old takes their parents car without permission and plows into a school bus, do you charge the parents? Even if they made an online threat of their desire to plow into a school bus.

Like I have said before, you ain't gonna stop crazy from being crazy. You might delay it, but if someone wants to shoot up a school, they are going to find a way to engage. The defense has to be a barrier between them and the kids in school. More security, curtail access, and thorough student searches.

From the article:

I remember several years back 60 minutes was doing a show on how government wasted money. They interviewed a worker and his job that paid 70 grand a year was to pour ketchup on a slanted piece of metal to see how long it took to slide down. If it stayed within certain measure, they would approve or not approve the product.

Reactions: Girthang

Bad news. You're not "100% Republican on the issue" after all, unless it's in name only.

It's not about being "afraid of a deeper digging" so much as when is deep enough and how will that information be misused and misclassified later. There is MORE THAN ENOUGH (if not too much already) information given for these background checks currently. That's not been an issue. Consistent enforcement of existing laws has been and continues to be the issue

A citizen has the right to own a gun and defend themselves and others. Period. If that citizen uses the gun for criminal activity, they have the right to be shot if they dont cease the activity and put down their weapon, and if they live have the right to lose their right to own a gun upon conviction.

I know people have watched a lot of TV shows and movies with invented and creative "gray areas" that seem to make it hard to know what's right and what's wrong, but the reality is a lot more black and white than gray.

1) Convicted felons can't own guns.
2) Guns are defensive weapons. Using them against another human outside of defense and protection is not allowed except in congressionally approved war/conflict.
3) Giving a gun to someone known to be a criminal, mentally ill, or mentally/chemically compromised, and/or that you know may use it to harm an innocent person is illegal already. It's a prosecutable offense.

That covers all of the scenarios we've encountered. The problem is enforcement. When the president of the United States gives guns to known criminals and a citizen of this country is then murdered with that weapon and THAT PRESIDENT is not prosecuted for the crimes they've committed, the problem is NOT THE LACK OF LAWS. It is lack and criminally negligent enforcement of the existing laws.

THAT IS WHAT NEEDS TO BE CORRECTED.

But do you stop a parents right to defend their home because a kid made a threat? Posted something online?
Where do you draw a line where the kid is showing off, goofing off, or actually capable of shooting up a school?

If my guns are locked up, and I have the keys to the safe hidden, and my teenager finds them or finds a way to break into the safe, and then goes and shoots up a school, I should be charged? I probably failed as a parent, but not sure that one is going to hold water.

If a 16 year old takes their parents car without permission and plows into a school bus, do you charge the parents? Even if they made an online threat of their desire to plow into a school bus.

Like I have said before, you ain't gonna stop crazy from being crazy. You might delay it, but if someone wants to shoot up a school, they are going to find a way to engage. The defense has to be a barrier between them and the kids in school. More security, curtail access, and thorough student searches.
I am sympathetic to your argument....BUT....in this case the FBI actually paid them a visit with threats that the kid had made. If the kid threatened to take a car and to plow into a school bus and this was made known to the parent and they did nothing to secure their keys or car from the kid....then that is entirely different IMO.

As for breaking in to a locked gun safe either by breaking it or finding secured keys.....then I think that the parent would be adjudged to have taken all the reasonable precautions. Lanza killed his mother to get the guns he used. Everything is fact dependent but if the parent was willfully negligent then throw him in jail too.

These shooters are all the same kid. They do not wake up and decide to shoot up the school today. They are mentally ill and the parents know it...no matter how much denial sets it.

In my opinion, if you’re child is threatening to shoot up a school, you need to have your guns 100% secured or stored somewhere with a 0% chance of your child gaining access until you can get your child help.

Lay blame where you want for the child’s mental illness, but you can live with the possible threat of a home invasion in the interim.

Edit: I think it’s obvious but I’m talking the general “you” not you specifically.

I think holding the parents accountable should on a case by case basis. There are a lot of good parents that have kids do stupid stuff. If the dad bought this 14 year old a gun and let him have unfettered access, he should face harsh penalties.

demoncrats: protect illegal aliens at all cost

I mean, is that democracy? Wanting illegals to vote? Is that democracy, not vetting illegals? Is that democracy, open borders? Is that democracy, banning free speech? Is that democracy, health care and Medicare for illegals? Is that democracy, drivers licenses for illegals? Is that democracy, replacing American jobs with illegals? Is that democracy, housing illegals over the American Veterans and homeless? Is that democracy, using the legal system to go after your political opponent? Is that democracy, lying about your political opponent being in with Russia? Is that democracy, not properly protecting a Presidential candidate? Is that democracy, borrowing so much money for stupid stuff it causes inflation? Is that democracy, flying thousands upon thousands into the country from other countries secretly? Is that democracy, throwing out the President running for reelection and appointing someone that has not been voted for? Is that democracy, not picking the best persons for jobs but pick them according to race and gender? Is that democracy, bailing out arsonists? Is that democracy, defunding police so we aren't as safe anymore? Is that democracy, attacking a religion? Is that democracy, banning the freedom to bear arms? Is that democracy, killing living babies that are human beings?

Shall we continue?

Republicans are a danger to the lives and health of the women and children of America.
I am a Republican. My wife is a Republican. My children are Republicans. We are all healthy. We were even more healthy under Trump. We are also very smart.

You, on the other hand, are a zit on the pages of this forum, and have the common sense of a rock.

Bad news. You're not "100% Republican on the issue" after all, unless it's in name only.

It's not about being "afraid of a deeper digging" so much as when is deep enough and how will that information be misused and misclassified later. There is MORE THAN ENOUGH (if not too much already) information given for these background checks currently. That's not been an issue. Consistent enforcement of existing laws has been and continues to be the issue

A citizen has the right to own a gun and defend themselves and others. Period. If that citizen uses the gun for criminal activity, they have the right to be shot if they dont cease the activity and put down their weapon, and if they live have the right to lose their right to own a gun upon conviction.

I know people have watched a lot of TV shows and movies with invented and creative "gray areas" that seem to make it hard to know what's right and what's wrong, but the reality is a lot more black and white than gray.

1) Convicted felons can't own guns.
2) Guns are defensive weapons. Using them against another human outside of defense and protection is not allowed except in congressionally approved war/conflict.
3) Giving a gun to someone known to be a criminal, mentally ill, or mentally/chemically compromised, and/or that you know may use it to harm an innocent person is illegal already. It's a prosecutable offense.

That covers all of the scenarios we've encountered. The problem is enforcement. When the president of the United States gives guns to known criminals and a citizen of this country is then murdered with that weapon and THAT PRESIDENT is not prosecuted for the crimes they've committed, the problem is NOT THE LACK OF LAWS. It is lack and criminally negligent enforcement of the existing laws.

THAT IS WHAT NEEDS TO BE CORRECTED.
If every citizen has a right to own a gun then why do we put age limits on who can purchase guns? Why do we have any laws at all pertaining to guns if it is our god given right endowed by our creator? Hell just let any kid walk into a store and buy one and if they do something bad then we can have them deal with the consequences afterward, right? When I say I am good with tougher background checks for buying a gun all I am saying is that if someone does have a history of being mentally ill or violent in their past (felony or not) then I think that a gun store owner should have access to that information and based upon that they can refuse to sell to that individual. Not all Republicans are 100% throw guns to every single person regardless of who they are and what they can do with them. Personally walking into a restaurant last week seeing the 40-50 something year old trash of an individual walking around with his old school revolver posted on his side that responded to the cashier "My Mom is paying"....god given right or not doesn't give me much hope for only the competent good guys having access to any type of weaponry.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT