POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bull lol. You just don't have an answer after trying to deflect all day. Or you'd give it.

You claimed Tim Pool and two other names individuals were charged with crimes. That’s false. You claimed they were accepting money from Russia to push propaganda. Also false.

If you don’t know those claims you’ve made are false, you need to find better news sources and not just parrot propaganda.

The other option is you know you’re lying, but are set on pushing dnc propaganda for some reason.

I suspect you know you’re pushing bullshit.

this dumbass Trumpster ****ed around and found out. Attacked the FBI with a nail gun. got put in the ground.
sad how Trump has ruined what little brain power the far right had left

GWuJXq4WAAAktR0

Clueless. Absolutely clueless.
"The state does not have universal background checks for gun purchases, safe storage laws or a so-called red-flag law — measures instituted elsewhere in response to gun violence."

Thoughts n Prayers right dumbAZZ???

Sure thing, Village Idiot. Way to address my point.

Is the ex-cop the most corrupt mayor in America?

Pffft. They are just setting the narrative that they are impartial so they can indict Trump or those in his circle on more bs politically driven charges. Wouldn't be shocked to see another armed raid on Mar-a-Lago in the coming month(s)

Same with them indicting Russians again that they know won't ever be prosecuted. It's just setting the childishly transparent narrative.
These clowns have no new ideas.

You claimed Tim Pool and two other names individuals were charged with crimes. That's false.
No, I correctly claimed the media company paying them, Tenet Media, was charged. Look at the posts. You're the one lying to push your BS.
You claimed they were accepting money from Russia to push propaganda. Also false.
I did claim that, because it's true. That's exactly what went on. Again, lying to push your narrative.
The other option is you know you’re lying, but are set on pushing dnc propaganda for some reason.

I suspect you know you’re pushing bullshit.
Pure projection, as just shown.

There's no way even y'all are dumb enough to think Putin was being serious.
Aren't you the same Mr. Spin that told me last night there was no way that I could know if those gang members in Aurora were illegals? The same can be applied to you on this.

After all these years and thousands of posts, I think Cosby has finally nailed you. You think you are too enlightened to fall for propaganda, when in fact, you are the propagandists' favorite mark, the Boss NPC if you will. They just have to plant that seed in your mind, and your ego does the rest for them.

The problem isn't threat assessment. They identified this kid as a problem and sent out agents to talk to his dad.
The problem with current law is that there is almost nothing the police can do until you actually commit the crime. By then children are dead and it's too late.
Why do Republicans have a problem with Officers in every school?
A metal detector in every school.
Red flag laws that require you to place your guns in the hands of law enforcement until a judge/psychologist deem the mentally ill person no longer a threat to commit violence.
Charge parents as accessories if the weapon was not placed outside of the home of mentally ill residents.
Nobody is taking guns away from sane, responsible gun owners. Only the insane irresponsible ones.
Why is that a problem???
They need a system that at least flags threatening kids so they can be monitored more closely. This school may not have know about his threats, I have no idea. As to your suggestions:

1. Officers shouldn't have to be in most schools but if a school has an ongoing issue, sure, put at least 1 there fulltime and adjust upward by school size and problem levels.

2. A two part entrance system with metal detectors at designated entrances and then a steel door that is buzz opened. If a window is needed use bullet proof glass. Officers on site while kids are entering in the morning would be good.

3. With our political divisions, I dont trust red flag laws. They are too easy to manipulate.

4. Parents who provide guns to these kids, yes. Parents who just fail to properly store guns should get some time as well on a case by case basis.

That link means less than nothing. First off, it is a misdemeanor which means it is a slap on the wrist.
Secondly, it specifically talks about threats toward an individual.... Not an entire school.
Thirdly, it says NOTHING about the removal of weapons from the home of someone who has made threats of violence.
We also don't know the specifics of the original threat made.
Your link is a perfect example of exactly why red flag laws are needed in order to remove dangerous weapons from the homes of dangerous, mentally ill people.
Good Gawd Almighty you are dumber than a box of rocks if your only answer to this issue is thoughts and prayers.
Thanks for proving my assertion with the exact law and its toothlessness.

Hunter pleading guilty to all tax evasion charges. He knows Joe gonna pardon him since he’s now a lame duck anyway.

Just so everyone knows: he entered an alford plea. Thats a plea where he admits no wrongdoing but will still accept punishment.

It isnt much different except part of pleasing guilty is admitting under oath you are truly guilty.

These are extremely rare. Of course hed get one.

They need a system that at least flags threatening kids so they can be monitored more closely. This school may not have know about his threats, I have no idea. As to your suggestions:

They have that. Law enforcement even came to interview him. Decided no threat and took no action.

Then the kids dumb father bought them a gun for a gift.

There needs to be serious accountability for these situations where law enforcement are warned and fail to act.

Finally pretty interesting this kid pretty quickly gave up when confronted by leos. Thats not the norm.

1. Officers shouldn't have to be in most schools but if a school has an ongoing issue, sure, put at least 1 there fulltime and adjust upward by school size and problem levels.

2. A two part entrance system with metal detectors at designated entrances and then a steel door that is buzz opened. If a window is needed use bullet proof glass. Officers on site while kids are entering in the morning would be good.

3. With our political divisions, I dont trust red flag laws. They are too easy to manipulate.

4. Parents who provide guns to these kids, yes. Parents who just fail to properly store guns should get some time as well on a case by case basis.
Thank you for at least acknowledging that something other than thoughts n prayers is a possibility in dealing with this issue.... Even if we don't agree on all specifics.
It is a start.
Thank you for the tiny dose of sanity on this site.

Reactions: Dionysus444
The problem isn't threat assessment. They identified this kid as a problem and sent out agents to talk to his dad.
The problem with current law is that there is almost nothing the police can do until you actually commit the crime. By then children are dead and it's too late.
Why do Republicans have a problem with Officers in every school?
A metal detector in every school.
Red flag laws that require you to place your guns in the hands of law enforcement until a judge/psychologist deem the mentally ill person no longer a threat to commit violence.
Charge parents as accessories if the weapon was not placed outside of the home of mentally ill residents.
Nobody is taking guns away from sane, responsible gun owners. Only the insane irresponsible ones.
Why is that a problem???
Have no problem with any of this except the red flag laws. Think that’s a slippery slope that the government can use to confiscate anyone’s guns they choose to. Also it does nothing to take guns away from someone determined to get one to do violence to others.

bunch of big words

She doesn’t speak with big words. She just speaks and speaks and speaks. She never speaks with substance.

She’s like a bad impromptu emcee. She doesn’t know the subject at hand, but has to fill time to make it to the commercial break at the bottom of the hour.

The great Michael Scott said it best.

Sometimes I start a sentence and I don't even know where it's going. I just hope I find it along the way, like an improv conversation, an improversation.

Just so everyone knows: he entered an alford plea. Thats a plea where he admits no wrongdoing but will still accept punishment.

It isnt much different except part of pleasing guilty is admitting under oath you are truly guilty.

What i read was they were considering that. But the judge and prosecutors nixed the idea. But you’re right, that would have been the ultimate victory for him since Joe is gonna pardon him anyway. And i’m sure that’s what they were hoping for.

Have no problem with any of this except the red flag laws. Think that’s a slippery slope that the government can use to confiscate anyone’s guns they choose to. Also it does nothing to take guns away from someone determined to get one to do violence to others.
I agree that if an adult wants a weapon they will most likely be able to obtain one.
That may not be the case with a 14 year old kid. No car.... No drivers license.... The difficulty of traveling to obtain a weapon etc.
Red flag laws could be particularly effective with mentally ill minors like we see so often in schools.
I see your point about a slippery slope but it could be a process that involves multiple agencies.... A judge or judges.... A psychologist.... Etc. It could be a very thoughtful process that saves lives.
It could also involve an appeals process but at least the weapons would be inaccessible for long enough for a nutty teen to cool down and get therapy.
Just don't understand why anyone would oppose this unless they are mentally ill themselves.

Aren't you the same Mr. Spin that told me last night there was no way that I could know if those gang members in Aurora were illegals? The same can be applied to you on this.

After all these years and thousands of posts, I think Cosby has finally nailed you. You think you are too enlightened to fall for propaganda, when in fact, you are the propagandists' favorite mark, the Boss NPC if you will. They just have to plant that seed in your mind, and your ego does the rest for them.
No, I'm not basing anything on media spin. I'm basing my opinions of Putin on the objective geopolitical actions that've taken place over the past decades. Tons of stuff has happened in that span, Biden's administration rallying allies to Ukraine's cause that prevented Putin from easily taking the country being one of the major ones. We are currently their geopolitical opposition. Did you even read the Putin quote where he sardonically 'endorsed' Harris?

“We had the current president, Mr. Biden, as our favorite but he was taken out of the race. He recommended all his allies back Mrs. Harris, so we will too." "She laughs so expressively and infectiously that it means that everything is fine with her.”

Are we allies? Are people actually being nice about her when they talk about her laugh? "it means that everything is fine with her" Are you f***ing kidding me? That is 100% jokes and you know that. You're seriously trying to call me a spin doctor while spewing that open bullshit? You think that gives you credibility? What does "taken out of the race" mean? He didn't say withdrew. Everything in it is a meme you would see on this thread.

That link means less than nothing. First off, it is a misdemeanor which means it is a slap on the wrist.
Secondly, it specifically talks about threats toward an individual.... Not an entire school.
Thirdly, it says NOTHING about the removal of weapons from the home of someone who has made threats of violence.
We also don't know the specifics of the original threat made.
Your link is a perfect example of exactly why red flag laws are needed in order to remove dangerous weapons from the homes of dangerous, mentally ill people.
Good Gawd Almighty you are dumber than a box of rocks if your only answer to this issue is thoughts and prayers.
Thanks for proving my assertion with the exact law and its toothlessness.

• (1) A person convicted of the offense of a terroristic threat shall be punished as a misdemeanor; provided, however, that if the threat suggested the death of the threatened individual, the person convicted shall be guilty of a felony and shall be punished by a fine of not more than $1,000.00, imprisonment for not less than one nor more than five years, or both.
You were saying?

Reactions: exemjr

I don’t think this is right. That WSJ says that the prosecutor objected to the Alford plea because they said Hunter is guilty, so Hunter came back and pled guilty to all charges with no negotiated plea deal.

What i read was they were considering that. But the judge and prosecutors nixed the idea. But you’re right, that would have been the ultimate victory for him since Joe is gonna pardon him anyway. And i’m sure that’s what they were hoping for.

Oh so he didn't get the alford plea? Thats great because he definitely didn't deserve it. thanks for posting that info.

Pretty crazy the judge had to twice keep the government from throwing in the towel on a slam dunk conviction of a public figure. These cases are usually ones the feds live for.

• (1) A person convicted of the offense of a terroristic threat shall be punished as a misdemeanor; provided, however, that if the threat suggested the death of the threatened individual, the person convicted shall be guilty of a felony and shall be punished by a fine of not more than $1,000.00, imprisonment for not less than one nor more than five years, or both.
You were saying?

A school shooting threat, is a threat to the lives of everyone in the school. They don't need to be named individually.

You were saying?
Do you not have a clue about how our legal justice system works?
How much evidence would be necessary and how toothless laws are with respect to 13 year old minors???
C'mon man. That law is geared toward adults ... Not teens.
If your assertion that those laws were enough we wouldn't be having kids killed in America all the damn time.
It's the same story almost every time.
Enough is enough.
Doing nothing but thoughts and prayers is not enough.

A school shooting threat, is a threat to the lives of everyone in the school. They don't need to be named individually.
He lied and denied he posted the threat.
His dad said he supervised the guns in the house.
This is a perfect example of why red flag laws are needed.
Those guns should have been removed from the home and the kid should have been placed in mandatory therapy.
Place the weapons in a local police station until a judge, therapist and school officials agree the kid is no longer a threat.

I agree that if an adult wants a weapon they will most likely be able to obtain one.
That may not be the case with a 14 year old kid. No car.... No drivers license.... The difficulty of traveling to obtain a weapon etc.
Red flag laws could be particularly effective with mentally ill minors like we see so often in schools.
I see your point about a slippery slope but it could be a process that involves multiple agencies.... A judge or judges.... A psychologist.... Etc. It could be a very thoughtful process that saves lives.
It could also involve an appeals process but at least the weapons would be inaccessible for long enough for a nutty teen to cool down and get therapy.
Just don't understand why anyone would oppose this unless they are mentally ill themselves.
This particular kid was making threats over a year ago. There is no cooling down a kid that’s mentally unstable as this. He just finally got the balls to do what he’d been thinking about every day for who knows how long. I don’t have an answer for that. Other than mental health care needs to be seriously looked at nationwide. Is he transgender or gender confused? Think that’s a serious question that should be asked. But once this kid got the resolve to follow thru, nothing was gonna stop him from obtaining a gun.

Reactions: blubo and exemjr
This particular kid was making threats over a year ago. There is no cooling down a kid that’s mentally unstable as this. He just finally got the balls to do what he’d been thinking about every day for who knows how long. I don’t have an answer for that. Other than mental health care needs to be seriously looked at nationwide. Is he transgender or gender confused? Think that’s a serious question that should be asked. But once this kid got the resolve to follow thru, nothing was gonna stop him from obtaining a gun.
Not true. Those guns could have been removed from the home until a judge, therapist and school officials agree he was stable.
Better to try everything possible to stop this from happening than to just throw up your hands and wave the white flag.
If only one life is saved by this red flag law process.... It was worth it.

Not true. Those guns could have been removed from the home until a judge, therapist and school officials agree he was stable.
Better to try everything possible to stop this from happening than to just throw up your hands and wave the white flag.
If only one life is saved by this red flag law process.... It was worth it.
And he would have just obtained them somewhere else. I’m not opposed to holding parents liable for the ease at which these kids can get their guns. You’re right, there’s no reason to make it easy for them. And a lot of parents are just shitty parents. But this kid was going to do this regardless.

Reactions: blubo and exemjr
No, I'm not basing anything on media spin. I'm basing my opinions of Putin on the objective geopolitical actions that've taken place over the past decades. Tons of stuff has happened in that span, Biden's administration rallying allies to Ukraine's cause that prevented Putin from easily taking the country being one of the major ones. We are currently their geopolitical opposition. Did you even read the Putin quote where he sardonically 'endorsed' Harris?

“We had the current president, Mr. Biden, as our favorite but he was taken out of the race. He recommended all his allies back Mrs. Harris, so we will too." "She laughs so expressively and infectiously that it means that everything is fine with her.”

Are we allies? Are people actually being nice about her when they talk about her laugh? "it means that everything is fine with her" Are you f***ing kidding me? That is 100% jokes and you know that. You're seriously trying to call me a spin doctor while spewing that open bullshit? You think that gives you credibility? What does "taken out of the race" mean? He didn't say withdrew. Everything in it is a meme you would see on this thread.
I'm saying that you don't know if he is telling the truth or making jokes anymore than I do. This is the exact same thing as last night. You were quick to correct me that I couldn't know if they were illegals or not. Given the history of the last few years, I made an educated guess that they are illegals. Just like you are making an educated guess about Putin. I'm just playing your spin game with you and calling you out for talking out of both sides of your mouth.

You can have the last word. I fell for your spin last night, and have started doing it again tonight. For the sake of other posters, I'm going to bow out and let the pigeon win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT