POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just bringing a bit of reality because in less than three months the entertainment value here will be off the charts wild. It was in the fall of 2020 when posters were swearing off Fox.

Want a sneak peak? Every swing state Harris wins will be seen as stolen by Trump, Vance, and many here. Rinse/repeat at this point.

Such arrogant confidence in your empty suit.

You KNOW the cheat is your only hope. It WON'T stand unchallenged this time!

Do you ever feel betrayed by the DNC that this is the dumb shit they send you out to say? Or are you just a mindless parrot who doesn’t give it any thought?

Do you ever stop to think, “the VP candidate I’m supporting has a long, sustained history of lies and stolen valor, there’s probably a plethora of campaign finance law violations the way Kamala stole Biden’s candidacy and money, but sure, let me bitch that families invited Trump to a memorial and he took pictures with them.”
Thanks for not disputing any of the facts.

Has anyone seen the actual Kroger exec email? All I’ve seen in one portion of a sentence quoted… “on milk and eggs, retail inflation has been significantly higher than cost inflation.”

Is he just talking about the direct wholesale cost of those specific products?

Obviously grocery stores operate on very slim net profit margins. If OpEx is inflating at a higher rate than direct costs of good, you’re going to need to raise prices.

Obviously no one with a functioning brain reads a portion of a sentence from an email and can draw a conclusion one way or the other.

Exactly...without reading or understanding the complexity of pricing in retail/grocery/manufacturing/etc, a shallow liberal mind would automatically deduct that this was price gouging. Comparing WalMart to Kroger in terms of what one would sell a dozen eggs for vs. the other is ludicrous, and not just during the pandemic, but any time frame.

Thanks for not disputing any of the facts.

He took picture just like presidents had before him. That’s an indisputable fact.

It’s your obedience to the narrative and canned outrage I’m laughing at.

It’s doubly hilarious that you’re parroting the outrage over a photo op at an event Trump was invited to by gold star families, while supporting a guy who has continuously lied about serving in war in the Middle East.

I’ll let the actual vets decide the appropriate level of outrage in both situations. Obviously Wald being a compulsive liar is an issue, but the vets can determine the appropriate aggravating factor of stolen valor.

For real though, maybe you should be pissed at Kamala and Biden for their incompetence in the Afghan withdraw that resulted in a memorial for the dead soldiers Trump was invited to.

Kamala and Biden incompetently sacrificing 13 people should cause more outrage than Trump being photographed at the memorial for those 13.

Ending the step-up in basis for estates: Harris wants to end the tax-free transferring of most estates and treat death as a taxable event for capital gains purposes. This is a massive attack on baby boomers planning their wills and dramatically reduces what they will be able to pass down to their heirs.

This plan would prevent many small businesses and family farms from passing down their properties. Consider a business or farm that has appreciated from $100,000 to $1 million over the last generation. Many heirs could not afford the associated tax hit of several hundred thousand dollars and would have no choice but to sell to generate the liquidity needed to pay.
Harris' plan attacks a primary aspiration of many small business owners: the opportunity to create generational wealth.
I've never understood why treatment of capital gains at death s any different than any other cap gains treatment: When you sell it, you pay the CG's. Death isn't a sale, so no tax at death. Though when the inheritance is sold, then tax it as other cap gains. One can argue whether CG's should be taxed at all, but if they are, treat them all the same. JMO.

Has anyone seen the actual Kroger exec email? All I’ve seen in one portion of a sentence quoted… “on milk and eggs, retail inflation has been significantly higher than cost inflation.”

Is he just talking about the direct wholesale cost of those specific products?

Obviously grocery stores operate on very slim net profit margins. If OpEx is inflating at a higher rate than direct costs of good, you’re going to need to raise prices.

Obviously no one with a functioning brain reads a portion of a sentence from an email and can draw a conclusion one way or the other.

Agreed.

The culling of chickens and milk production by the FDA has caused costs to rise significantly. The bird flu scare has become an effective weapon.

Reactions: IdaCat
Yikes

I can just see some little dork running past grieving families shouting about “the rules” and telling everyone how they need to behave.

Then after everyone tells him to stop being an annoying twat he logs back in and starts making posts here as nightwatch84.

Like his poignant speech at the WWI cemetery in France? What was it ... oh yeah ... losers and suckers. (I guess it was different in the original French.) Oh, and he didn't actually go to the site.

Trump knew it was illegal to use Arlington for a campaign backdrop. But, one law for me, another for thee. (The motto on Trump's Coat of Arms**.)

**Joke. Trump doesn't have a Coat of Arms.
So perfect that you are more worried about Trump being at the cemetery (at the Gold Star families request), than the failures at Abbey Gate leading to their deaths.

Think about how much you suck...you are more outraged that Trump was at Arlington, than you were for their unnecessary deaths at the hands of incompetent leadership.

And you know when you weigh those two things - Arlington vs Abbey Gate, you know which one bothered you more...and its sad. Sorry you suck so bad.

I may not like every single Harris policy on the books.... But Congress will keep the government divided/in check and I won't have to throw my morality out the window voting for her.
I honestly don't know of anything she has done that is immoral.
As far as policy...
*She is not going to destroy the dept of education. Pro public education.
*She is providing funding and resources for improving America's infrastructure.
*She wants to cut taxes for the middle class.
*She will be an advocate for abortion access.
*She wants to continue supporting NATO and opposing Putin in Ukraine.
*She supports Israel's right to defend itself and Palestinians' (non Hamas) right to be treated humanely.
*She wants common sense red flag laws and restrictions on AR15s.
*She is for removing taxes on tips
*She is for building more border wall and passing comprehensive border security laws (Like the one Trump trashed)
*She is for fracking
*Harris has supported Biden's major initiatives on service members and veterans, including the massive expansion of veterans benefits under the PACT Act
*She has 4 years experience in the White House learning on the job.

Better policies. Better morals.
TDS

Reactions: blubo
TDS is so far up your ass you can taste your last enema juices. Please get some help.
False.
He took picture just like presidents had before him. That’s an indisputable fact.

It’s your obedience to the narrative and canned outrage I’m laughing at.

It’s doubly hilarious that you’re parroting the outrage over a photo op at an event Trump was invited to by gold star families, while supporting a guy who has continuously lied about serving in war in the Middle East.

I’ll let the actual vets decide the appropriate level of outrage in both situations. Obviously Wald being a compulsive liar is an issue, but the vets can determine the appropriate aggravating factor of stolen valor.
cant both be wrong? Also you brought Walz into this, not me. Obedience to what narrative? You just parroted every right wing narrative talking about Walz.

Back to the point, it wasn’t just the photos (although him smiling and giving the thumbs up on their graves was gross). It was the illegal act of being there to film a campaign ad that’s the problem. And no, the MAGA fans that were happy to see him don’t make it to where he wasn’t wrong or above the law.

What complete bullsht... lol. Great marketing piece disguised as news. Love the creative math.

GWIvxuwasAE-x-P

Oh dear. The attempted assassination missed, the phony prosecutions have failed, and the undemocratic coup of a sitting president don’t seem to have worked. What next?
The important part of that is “what next”. There will always be a next and it will certainly be worse and more harmful than the last…

So perfect that you are more worried about Trump being at the cemetery (at the Gold Star families request), than the failures at Abbey Gate leading to their deaths.

Think about how much you suck...you are more outraged that Trump was at Arlington, than you were for their unnecessary deaths at the hands of incompetent leadership.

And you know when you weigh those two things - Arlington vs Abbey Gate, you know which one bothered you more...and its sad. Sorry you suck so bad.
You have imagined my response out of thin .. or possibly thick ... air.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT