POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i wouldn't give him a Yuengling....Killary used a phone... Jacked his jaw for sure...

hqdefault.jpg

“Wild Bill”. 🤣😂

IIRC 510000.

Why if it were an intended deception would you do it during an election? The timing makes the accusation of fraud pure nonsense. But, hey, raising a stink over nothing is par for the course.

It also hides the fact that over that year that there have been 2,00,000 jobs added instead of 2,800,000.

Not here to argue job stats but would love to know the salary of jobs being added if they are being added. Blue collar jobs with white collar expenses don't add up. Seems to me a lot of companies letting go of high paying jobs and those being added are entry level. That fixes nothing.

That’s a clever twist on statistical figures to suggest a causal relationship where one doesn’t necessarily exist. But they don’t call him Slick Willy for nothing. He’s more politically clever than Kamala will ever be.
It's a fact. If you go back to post WW2 it is 2 to 1 Dems created more jobs.
Since 1989 it's 96 percent of jobs created were under Democratic Presidents.
The last 2 economic crashes were under Republicans.
Republicans are TERRIBLE for the economy!! They suck.

Not here to argue job stats but would love to know the salary of jobs being added if they are being added. Blue collar jobs with white collar expenses don't add up. Seems to me a lot of companies letting go of high paying jobs and those being added are entry level. That fixes nothing.

How is that unemployment rate false?? Cite a legit source.

I didn't say it was false. Its well known to be non indicative of the economy based on the way its defined. This is old news and was changed by obama so he could lie to people about the economy.

I don't mind engaging in discourse but you know full well that entire argument rationale is false.

Reactions: Lost In FL
I didn't say it was false. Its well known to be non indicative of the economy based on the way its defined. This is old news and was changed by obama so he could lie to people about the economy.

I don't mind engaging in discourse but you know full well that entire argument rationale is false.

Everyone here talks about Joe's mental decline all the time. It's obvious. She's much younger. For that fact alone most of the country thinks she's a better pick than Biden. You do too.
This makes no sense. It’s like asking which pile of shit smells better. An exercise in self delusion, and not worthy of anybody who claims to be even slightly intellectual.

Im not convinced RFK helps trump

In 90 percent of the polls (might be even more than that), Trump fares better by about R+2 in a two way race, than he does with RFK Jr. on the ballot. Younger white men, and poorer uneducated working class white men made up a lot of his supporters. With him out of the race, who do you think those two demographics are going to vote for? Kamala? 😄

All that being said, It would be a disaster, for Trump to take him/send him out on the campaign trail. Thank him for the endorsement, see him to the door. and then send two cards; a thank you (for now), and another one at Christmas.

2 consecutive quarters of shrinking GDP is the usual definition. When I just checked to see what it currently is, it's running ahead of 2023, so, no.

27.36T in 2023. Currently on target for 28.63T for 2024.
We had 2 in a row last year, but they argued that wages and job growth kept them from calling it a recession. So now the jobs are shown to be fake and we now know that inflation outpaced those raises.... So what is the new argument. Please pick one that doesn't change every time the news gets worse.

https://www.npr.org/2022/07/28/1113649843/gdp-2q-economy-2022-recession-two-quarters

The U.S. economy shrank in the last three months by 0.9%.

This is the second consecutive quarter where the economy has contracted. In the first quarter, GDP, or gross domestic product, decreased at an annual rate of 1.6%.

While two consecutive quarters of negative growth is often considered a recession, it's not an official definition. A nonprofit, non-partisan organization called the National Bureau of Economic Research determines when the U.S. economy is in a recession. An NBER committee made up of eight economists makes that determination and many factors go into that calculation.

The White House has pushed back against calling the current economy a recession. It is no doubt aware of the role the economy is going to play in the midterm elections.

Reactions: BigBlueDave
I remember reading when RFK chose her that she is pretty far left.
I watched that interview on Tom Bilyeu and it sounds like she felt she got duped by dems. She said she regretted donating to Schumer to take the Senate. I think she gave over $10 million just to the Senate election fund. She is left but not as crazy as the far left has gotten.

• Wow
Reactions: Lost In FL
In this case, yes. Because he's old and senile. If she ends up being terrible in debates/interviews, then maybe my opinion would change. But she has a low bar given his state.

In any event, Trump needs to stop talking about Biden being replaced. It's like endlessly complaining about your sports opponent doing something you think is unfair (like cheating to get a recruit, or something) and not focusing on the game at hand.
But you admit that the party that claims to be saving democracy appointing a candidate with zero votes cast for her is kind of rich right? Also... They kept RFK and others off the democrat ballot in the primary. They rigged this to get someone they could control.

Nobody will put a dime in the stock market if this passed. They'll be no such thing as a retirement. ZERO percent chance of that nonsense. Sometimes people are just paranoid and it's kind of sad.
And dudes like Elon would pack up and go somewhere else. It would crash the economy but these commie economist don't understand how the economy actually works. They live in fantasy land.

Whoa. This is bad for the deep state ...

"Louisiana Representative Clay Higgins (R-La.) is a former law enforcement officer and a member of the House Freedom Caucus. ... Higgins is very suspicious about the way the FBI handled the investigation."

But the biggest bombshell of the report that I read was this:
"It appears the Butler event was the first time Secret Service counter-sniper teams were ever assigned to Trump’s detail....Most astonishingly, the Secret Service’s sniper was not the first to shoot back. Crooks was shot twice." First time?!? Almost like there was a plan to put Trump in a killbox (which they did) and THEN take out the assassin.

Couple that with the facts that the FBI knew the shooter was on the roof for 3 minutes with Trump exposed and the FBI released Crooks' corpse for cremation just 10 days later. Hmmm.

Reactions: IdaCat
IIRC 510000.

Why if it were an intended deception would you do it during an election? The timing makes the accusation of fraud pure nonsense. But, hey, raising a stink over nothing is par for the course.

It also hides the fact that over that year that there have been 2,00,000 jobs added instead of 2,800,000.
You don’t get to count as new jobs or job growth an inevitable partial return of jobs that your administration needlessly pissed away by overreaching mandates hamstringing businesses , amounting to either outright or effectively shutting them down, in the name of panic COVID policies that have now been either discredited or questioned, ie, social distancing, masking, and others.

Last edited:
I'll do it.

The quote:
KENOSHA, Wisconsin Sen. J.D. Vance (R-OH) said Gov. Andy Beshear (D-KY) was “effectively fantasizing” about a member of his family getting raped after controversial comments Beshear made Tuesday.

Vance, speaking to reporters on an airport tarmac in Milwaukee on Tuesday afternoon, blasted Beshear for the remarks, which the governor later walked back. Beshear appeared to say that Vance’s family should have to deal with a pregnancy resulting from rape. Vance called Beshear’s comments “disgusting.”

“He’s effectively fantasizing about some member of my family getting raped so that I know what it feels like. I just think that’s really gross and really disgusting,” Vance said. “Look, I mean, the guy’s a complete loser and he’s gone after me repeatedly, but this particular thing going after my family really bothered me.”

On MSNBC on Tuesday morning, Beshear had referenced comments Vance made in 2021 in which opponents accused him of calling a pregnancy resulting from rape “inconvenient” but that Vance says were rather made in the context of an unexpected pregnancy.

“Think about what some people have had to go through because of these laws,” Beshear said. “J.D. Vance calls pregnancy resulting from rape ‘inconvenient.’ An inconvenience is traffic. Make him go through this.”

Vance said Tuesday he “never once called rape inconvenient.” End quote.

Now, Vance is an actual man, with the XY chromosome, so he can't get pregnant, even if he got raped.

By 'making him go through this', it implies implicitly that the females in Vance's life should be made to go through it.

You want to die on THIS hill?

Just admit he got out over his skis, and said something stupid, ffs.
Now listen to the quote as it is said. You know you're full of shit. Vance is grasping at straws since he's so poorly liked as a VP pick. Anyone with a working brain knows Andy didn't imply that someone of his family should get raped. You're either a mouth breather with zero ability to derive meaning and context from a quote or you're a disingenuous weasel like Trump and Vance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT