POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It does not make sense if the polls that say she leads or is even close are correct. I know there are a lot of crazies out but damn.
Biden somehow landed 81 million votes last election, far far more than any president in history (not bad for a guy who wasn't even really liked by his own party).....the polls dont carry much weight these days.

How much of Eastman’s argument do you agree with? You’ve bitched incessantly and supported his indictment. Now you think Kamala will copy his memos?

Congress obviously thinks they have some say or they never would have changed the law.
It’s not a matter of agreeing, his take applies no matter how many times you rewrite the law because he’s making a constitutional argument that would supersede that, in his mind a non-justiciable one. I don’t want Kamala to copy what Trump did, but she could. And it would lead to the same constitutional crisis. If we don’t punish that crap it'll happen again, and y’all are saying not only should he not be prosecuted but you’re going to vote for him to be president again. It's insanity.

I went to a gas station today and bought two 2 liter sodas and it was almost 8 bucks! I remember when almost everywhere you could buy two 2 liters for like 4 bucks if not even cheaper than that.
Two liters used to be less than 20oz. sodas at some places. Riddle me that? supply and demand I suppose. a damn 12 pack is upwards of $9-$10 now. you have to watch for sales or else you are getting gouged. They play games with the sales though so do the math. That's mainly at Kroger, I'm talking about.

I am talking about what you cant explain and you said it yourself. How can you say that without knowing what the Biden/Kamala thing is? Kamala seized power before an election. The American people did not get to vote her in to her current position so with you being such a constitution perfectionist, how is this allowed? This is worse than Jan 6th but MSM will not cover it as it doesnt fit their narrative.

Again, you were not impacted one bit by Jan 6th. That was pushed in Americans face for two years but we have a presidential candidate that was as close as you can get to being killed and it was out of the news in two weeks.
Party politics are always stupid. There is not a clear constitutional governing mechanism as to how a party selects their nominee, we're not even supposed to have freaking parties in the first place. A candidate in the lead has stepped down multiple times. If the American people don't like the process, they can not vote for her. That's all simple and constitutional. Nothing like what Trump did with the fake electors.

He was the commander in Chief of the most powerful military in the world and willingly handed the keys over to Biden.
Yeah, because some people didn't go along with it. And Trump sicced a mob on his own VP for that. This time he has toadies around him and so that failsafe has fallen. So one of the gates of Hell has been unlocked and it's on to the next. The military is on that list. And he is its commander-in-chief, as you point out.

There was even a group of democrats BEFORE jan 6 who similarity war-gamed the plausibility of it; for THEM to do it through the house had Trump won.
No, there's a constitutional process for objections through the House, not what Trump did.

total commie loon. he’s gonna bring in a bunch of votes from the moonbats

Dude….if you really think that bunch of goofballs roaming around the Capitol was trying be or capable of an overthrow, or that Trump could actually change election results, then you are the most clueless Liberal alive. We all know only your side screws with the votes anyway. I doubt any Liberal today has ever even read the Constitution. You still think abortions and health insurance are guaranteed by it.

And after the shit you guys just pulled getting Harris anointed, don’t even mention the word Democracy ever again either.
Same question for you as all the rest. What would have happened had Pence just said yes to what Trump wanted him to do, read out his fake electors instead of the real ones and just gavel him reelected when he wasn't? Kamal Harris is the current VP. You think she should be able to just acknowledge her own fake electors on Jan 6th and crown herself president, no matter if she loses the election?

8d8fcb1f79e20880.png

It’s not a matter of agreeing, his take applies no matter how many times you rewrite the law because he’s making a constitutional argument that would supersede that, in his mind a non-justiciable one. I don’t want Kamala to copy what Trump did, but she could. And it would lead to the same constitutional crisis. If we don’t punish that crap it'll happen again, and y’all are saying not only should he not be prosecuted but you’re going to vote for him to be president again. It's insanity.

If Kamala could make the same legal argument, you’re acknowledging a legal argument exists. Imprisoning people so they don’t make the legal argument is the constitutional crisis.

If Eastman was wrong enough to be imprisoned for his error in analysis, why would anyone be worried about a constitutional crisis?

Reactions: exemjr and SDC888
Trump/Eastman's plan was to delay the vote so that they could raise a stink and say that the time for the vote had passed and that the election must be sent to the House. That was the plan on Jan 6. That's the plan this year. They want to get it to the House. You can minimize it all you want. They wanted to force a delay so that the Electoral votes couldn't be counted. That was always the plan. Get the election into the House.
That was one of the backup plans because any way they could get it to a contingent election in the House he'd win. But the main plan was just screw all that noise, have Pence just acknowledge Trump's fake electors instead of the real ones and gavel him president. They lay it out themselves in the Eastman memos. It was never seriously on the table in implementation because Pence refused, but that was the plan. All the rest with the mob and such was backup to muddy the waters and either get him removed for Chuck Grassley or get it delayed for a contingency election. You're right they'd love a contingency election and that's the current avenue since Pence failed them, but they wanted and tried an even more direct one.

Yeah, because some people didn't go along with it. And Trump sicced a mob on his own VP for that. This time he has toadies around him and so that failsafe has fallen. So one of the gates of Hell has been unlocked and it's on to the next. The military is on that list. And he is its commander-in-chief, as you point out.

What now? You think Trump is going to take control of the military and seize office if loses in November? You are a goddam lunatic.

Here's the cool thing, regardless of what anyone thinks. Our system works and the US is too decentralized for any such thing to seriously happen.

Another strike against support for big government and a centralized planner.
Bull. We were one evangelical away from it failing completely just a few years ago. That's what this whole conversation has been about.

What now? You think Trump is going to take control of the military and seize office if loses in November? You are a goddam lunatic.
Not now, had Pence followed through for him then. Or if the toadies he's surrounded himself with this time do it for him in 2028.

It's funny to hear in one breath "look at these rednecks/boomers thinking they can do anything" and then in another breath "January 6th was a real threat!".

Which is it?

Trump had one or two quotes which at worst *might* have enraged some of these people passed a tipping point, when in reality, it was just a bunch of really pissed off people on the right (admittedly, fairly radicalized right folks) who, after the last 10 years of having their religion spat in it's face (abortions/gay marriage), that we must let in illegals, that they're racists, that they need to forgive student loans/reparations, that it's OK to watch cities burn... just collectively lost it. One person died, some minor damage was done to a single building, the Capitol, and it was over by dinner time.

Trump wasn't there, He tweeted for them to go home, there were riots doing far more damage to cities and homes, and he's far from the first politician to wink-wink a "possible" message across his voter base. Kamala herself backed and funded the efforts to release criminals for rioting during these protests.

So what the **** are we talking about here?
The fake electors he asked his VP to read out instead of the real ones. Go back and read all the posts. I've been chastised repeatedly for talking about it too much, should be plenty there.

If Kamala could make the same legal argument, you’re acknowledging a legal argument exists. Imprisoning people so they don’t make the legal argument is the constitutional crisis.

If Eastman was wrong enough to be imprisoned for his error in analysis, why would anyone be worried about a constitutional crisis?
Someone can make the legal argument of 'I'm a sovereign citizen because of maritime law blah blah (insert sovereign citizen rant)' but that doesn't make it right or keep their asses from getting thrown in jail. If Kamala just takes the actions Trump told Pence to a constitutional crisis will occur. Just like his would've precipitated. Whatever laws or legal arguments are out there. Calling your criminal plotting a different name doesn't change the substance of the actions.

The fake electors he asked his VP to read out instead of the real ones. Go back and read all the posts. I've been chastised repeatedly for talking about it too much, should be plenty there.

Even IF all that is true, these people acted on their own. This was brewing for quite a while. It's just silly for the left to keep hanging onto this without any real proof or logical reasoning that Trump caused this.

If Trump caused Jan 6th then Biden/Kamala caused the hundreds of race riots. A single tweet isn't the difference maker here.

And as I've continued to say, if the left didn't care about the summer Riots in 2020, then they don't get to pick the one time the right fought back, as the time to say "Riots are bad". If you wanted to make a big deal out if Jan 6th, your side shouldn't have been so quiet for all the Riots before (or worse, even encouraging it as some did).

WKYT weather on 4 pm show today is forecasting record lows for two days this week. Global warming is freezing my ass off.
It's funny how the so called climate experts don't talk about this kind of thing. I remember just a few months ago they said it would be the hottest summer in history. We had a decent hot stretch in early June but this summer has had many cool and rainy days. Not even close to the hottest ever.

yep. libs might say they care about immigration, inflation and the economy but come time to vote—it’s all about “orange man bad,” issues be damned
There is an old saying that fits. Cutting off one's nose to spite one's face. People who are taught to emote in the place of reasoning, are the easiest people to manipulate and control. You can literally manipulate them into voting against their own self-interest.

Reactions: blubo and SDC888
WKYT weather on 4 pm show today is forecasting record lows for two days this week. Global warming is freezing my ass off.
SeasonalWrap-June2024.png

The top 2 lines are for 2023 and 2024.

There are some interesting things about this graph.
1) The steady increases in temps from the bottom to the top.
2) The huge gap between the 2023 red line and the rest.
3) And, finally, the continued high temps represented by the black line of 2024.

You can see the steady small increases over time from 1850 to the present. Then, in 2023, there was a preposterous increase over all the rest. Half a degree! That large increase has gobsmacked and frightened scientists who don't know why there such a huge increase. Other scientists have said that the consensus was too cautious and that there were large increases coming. Some models have inflection points where temps just take off. The consensus has been that there would be no inflection or only a slight one. Many scientists pointed out that there was an El Nino in 2023. That was what they pinned their explanations of the increase on. In El Nino events, the ocean overturning brings heat that is trapped in deeper waters to the surface. And as a result, there's an increase in global atmospheric temps. When the El Nino disappeared in the winter, scientists thought, temps would return to normal. Then, 2024 came, the El Nino left, and temps continued to be record high. And not just by a small amount.

What would the constitutional argument be that would allow him to stay in office?
That the 22nd doesn't apply to consecutive terms. Or whatever else they have in the works for this time; making up fake electors in secret meeting with fake documents like they did wasn't widely foreseen four years before they cooked it up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT