POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don’t think he’s missing the point on purpose, I just don’t think he understands. Often times laws are ambiguous. The interpretation (now) is ultimately up to the courts.

Dion has been told the law was clear and that the Biden admin indicting people for arguing differently proves it.

He just doesn’t understand how stupid his argument is.

It's duplicity.

The one that pisses me off is that 20 oz. sodas used to be 2/$3.00 at more convenience stores. Now they are up to 2/$4.50 just about everywhere.
I went to a gas station today and bought two 2 liter sodas and it was almost 8 bucks! I remember when almost everywhere you could buy two 2 liters for like 4 bucks if not even cheaper than that.

I'll quote directly from the Eastman memos and Trump's coup attempt itself:

"VP Pence opens the ballots, determines on his own which is valid, asserting that the authority to make that determination under the 12th Amendment, and the Adams and Jefferson precedents, is his alone (anything in the Electoral Count Act to the contrary is therefore unconstitutional)."

You can substitute "Electoral Count Reform and Presidential Transition Improvement Act of 2022" directly for "Electoral Count Act of 1887" and Kamala for Pence and you have your answer in their own treasonous words.

Now you’re making the exact same argument that Eastman made? That’s your argument for Kamala? After your incessant bitching? An argument the Kamala admin indicted him for.

Now you’re making the exact same argument that Eastman made? That’s your argument for Kamala? After your incessant bitching? An argument the Kamala admin indicted him for.
YES. IT'S WRONG NO MATTER WHO DOES IT. Like what about this do you not get? You're trying to say it was not illegal when Trump tried it, but it'd be illegal now if Kamala did. Nothing has changed. They just re-clarified that the VP's role is ceremonial. Just like the Electoral Count Act said. Just like the Constitution said before they had to pass the Electoral Count Act because the South tried their racist coup in 1876 just like Trump. Eastman/Trump's coup argument applies to all of it, no matter how many times you re-clarify in law that the VP's role is just ceremonial.

This would be a good time to clarify some of your other misconceptions about SCOTUS just ruling and solving it, too, since we're quoting the Eastman memos. Eastman outlines in them their argument that these are "non-justiciable political questions", as a lawyer you should understand what that means. SCOTUS could conceivably completely wash their hands of the entire issue and leave it for others to figure out.

Last edited:
Reactions: DreadLox
They're already running misdirection and hauling the votes to the swing states............. (that's a joke, libs.)

The fact they actually have a U-Haul there (regardless of the reason) vs. something more classy....a black unmarked van or something less conspicuous, shows their overall lack of intelligence. Hey Wanda....call up and get the $29 special w/ the easy pull lift gate and air ride suspension. JFC.

Good God who gives a flying f**k about Jan 6. The only people who ever talk about it are dumbass liberals. The country is on fire and we are probably super close to a world war and economic collapse. Jan 6 means Jack shit to me.

It's a (attempted) wedge issue, a usfuel misdirection.

Anyone genuinely interested in researching it past the media created narrative can clearly see it. It's all nonsense. It's a continuation of their gaslighting attempts, nothing more.

Jan 6 is most definitely not the one issue where the media is telling you the truth. They are spinning it for political expediency, like they are every single issue. There is not a single issue I can think of where the mainstream media narrative is the truth.

Good God who gives a flying f**k about Jan 6. The only people who ever talk about it are dumbass liberals. The country is on fire and we are probably super close to a world war and economic collapse. Jan 6 means Jack shit to me.
He tried to seize power and destroy our over two century old republic. How many world wars have we been through already. Literally multiple. And our republic has stood. If we don't have our Constitution guaranteeing us our rights all of these issues of the moment you care so much about won't mean dick. Even if you love Trump and gargle his balls every day, the transition from republic to empire is never an easy one. Very rarely is the beloved populist replaced by someone as good or better. Y'all love bringing up Venezuela, look at Chavez and Maduro.

YES. IT'S WRONG NO MATTER WHO DOES IT. Like what about this do you not get? You're trying to say it was not illegal when Trump tried it, but it'd be illegal now if Kamala did. Nothing has changed. They just re-clarified that the VP's role is ceremonial. Just like the Electoral Count Act said. Just like the Constitution said before they had to pass the Electoral Count Act because the South tried their racist coup in 1876 just like Trump. Eastman/Trump's coup argument applies to all of it, no matter how many times you re-clarify in law that the VP's role is just ceremonial.

This would be a good time to clarify some of your other misconceptions about SCOTUS just ruling and solving it, too, since we're quoting the Eastman memos. Eastman outlines in them their argument that these are "non-justiciable political questions", as a lawyer you should understand what that means. SCOTUS could conceivably completely wash their hands of the entire issue and leave it for others to figure out.

How much of Eastman’s argument do you agree with? You’ve bitched incessantly and supported his indictment. Now you think Kamala will copy his memos?

Congress obviously thinks they have some say or they never would have changed the law.

I finally did it. I didn’t want to, but I can’t take seeing every 4th post on here being Dion trying to convince someone how Trump was a breath away from overturning our government and becoming a complete dictator.

I tried. I really did. I don’t care how leftist or ignorant his arguments can be. I just can’t handle every post being about this one issue where he won’t accept that there wasn’t a coup attempt and that the govt is the one who caused the riot (fairly soft riot at that).

If he ever gets past J6, someone let me know and I’ll take him off ignore.

WTF are you talking about? Seizing power after you lost an election is nothing like whatever this Biden/Kamala thing is. The American people will vote in the fall. If they want to vote for her, she'll be elected. If not, she won't. End of story. The only comparison would be if that isn't the end of the story, and she organizes fake electors and then in her role as VP reads out their votes instead of the real ones, just gaveling herself the president, seizing power after she really lost. That's what Trump tried to get his VP to do for him, and you cannot call yourself an American or a patriot and support that.
I am talking about what you cant explain and you said it yourself. How can you say that without knowing what the Biden/Kamala thing is? Kamala seized power before an election. The American people did not get to vote her in to her current position so with you being such a constitution perfectionist, how is this allowed? This is worse than Jan 6th but MSM will not cover it as it doesnt fit their narrative.

Again, you were not impacted one bit by Jan 6th. That was pushed in Americans face for two years but we have a presidential candidate that was as close as you can get to being killed and it was out of the news in two weeks.

He tried to seize power and destroy our over two century old republic.

He was the commander in Chief of the most powerful military in the world and willingly handed the keys over to Biden.

Contrary to the Obama admin framing Trump for treason rather than peacefully transitioning power.

If you have a shit about “our democracy” you would have been bitching nonstop about the Obama admin treason. But you’re just a lunatic TDS suffering lefty.

How much of Eastman’s argument do you agree with? You’ve bitched incessantly and supported his indictment. Now you think Kamala will copy his memos?

Congress obviously thinks they have some say or they never would have changed the law.

There was even a group of democrats BEFORE jan 6 who similarity war-gamed the plausibility of it; for THEM to do it through the house had Trump won.

He tried to seize power and destroy our over two century old republic. How many world wars have we been through already. Literally multiple. And our republic has stood. If we don't have our Constitution guaranteeing us our rights all of these issues of the moment you care so much about won't mean dick. Even if you love Trump and gargle his balls every day, the transition from republic to empire is never an easy one. Very rarely is the beloved populist replaced by someone as good or better. Y'all love bringing up Venezuela, look at Chavez and Maduro.
Dude….if you really think that bunch of goofballs roaming around the Capitol was trying be or capable of an overthrow, or that Trump could actually change election results, then you are the most clueless Liberal alive. We all know only your side screws with the votes anyway. I doubt any Liberal today has ever even read the Constitution. You still think abortions and health insurance are guaranteed by it.

And after the shit you guys just pulled getting Harris anointed, don’t even mention the word Democracy ever again either.

I went to a gas station today and bought two 2 liter sodas and it was almost 8 bucks! I remember when almost everywhere you could buy two 2 liters for like 4 bucks if not even cheaper than that.
I drink a ton of Diet Coke from 2L. Could get 10 for $10 on sale just 2-3 years ago. Best I've seen in '24 is $1.87 at Kroger for a few days last month.

I finally did it. I didn’t want to, but I can’t take seeing every 4th post on here being Dion trying to convince someone how Trump was a breath away from overturning our government and becoming a complete dictator.

I tried. I really did. I don’t care how leftist or ignorant his arguments can be. I just can’t handle every post being about this one issue where he won’t accept that there wasn’t a coup attempt and that the govt is the one who caused the riot (fairly soft riot at that).

If he ever gets past J6, someone let me know and I’ll take him off ignore.
I'm still hanging in there because I like to see differing opinions. But, I must admit, it is getting more and more difficult, because he constantly beats a dead horse to death whether it be a cake, Palestinian genocide, or Jan 6th. I've known a couple of people like him in the past, and they all inevitably end up living a lonely existence in the long run.

Dude….if you really think that bunch of goofballs roaming around the Capitol was trying be or capable of an overthrow, or that Trump could actually change election results, then you are the most clueless Liberal alive. We all know only your side screws with the votes anyway. I doubt any Liberal today has ever even read the Constitution. You still think abortions and health insurance are guaranteed by it.
Trump/Eastman's plan was to delay the vote so that they could raise a stink and say that the time for the vote had passed and that the election must be sent to the House. That was the plan on Jan 6. That's the plan this year. They want to get it to the House. You can minimize it all you want. They wanted to force a delay so that the Electoral votes couldn't be counted. That was always the plan. Get the election into the House.

I'm still hanging in there because I like to see differing opinions. But, I must admit, it is getting more and more difficult, because he constantly beats a dead horse to death whether it be a cake, Palestinian genocide, or Jan 6th. I've known a couple of people like him in the past, and they all inevitably end up living a lonely existence in the long run.

But every once in a while he does give some valuable input.

If you had him on ignore, you would have missed the one surefire way to drive off a lefty - tell them you’re no longer voting for Trump. It’ll leave you alone and then go brag on a message board.

Zzzzzzzzzzz

Georgia's Plan to Delay Certification

“If this rule is adopted, any claims of fraud, any claims of discrepancies, could be the basis for a county board member — acting in bad faith — to say, ‘I’m not confident in the results,’ and hold up certification under the flimsiest of pretexts,” said Ben Berwick, who leads the election law and litigation team of Protect Democracy, a nonprofit that works to protect the integrity of American elections.

“The bottom line here,” Berwick said, is that “election deniers are intentionally creating a failure point in the process where they can interfere if they don’t like the results of an election.”

But every once in a while he does give some valuable input.

If you had him on ignore, you would have missed the one surefire way to drive off a lefty - tell them you’re no longer voting for Trump. It’ll leave you alone and then go brag on a message board.
I'm still here due to him thinking he has as much rights to my assets when I pass away as my kids do. Its utter incompetence and stupidity that keeps me coming back for more. How anyone can think this way is beyond the way I think. There is not one person who has any valuable assets whatsoever that thinks they should give back to the government instead of their family when they pass.

Here's the cool thing, regardless of what anyone thinks. Our system works and the US is too decentralized for any such thing to seriously happen.

Another strike against support for big government and a centralized planner.

It's funny to hear in one breath "look at these rednecks/boomers thinking they can do anything" and then in another breath "January 6th was a real threat!".

Which is it?

Trump had one or two quotes which at worst *might* have enraged some of these people passed a tipping point, when in reality, it was just a bunch of really pissed off people on the right (admittedly, fairly radicalized right folks) who, after the last 10 years of having their religion spat in it's face (abortions/gay marriage), that we must let in illegals, that they're racists, that they need to forgive student loans/reparations, that it's OK to watch cities burn... just collectively lost it. One person died, some minor damage was done to a single building, the Capitol, and it was over by dinner time.

Trump wasn't there, He tweeted for them to go home, there were riots doing far more damage to cities and homes, and he's far from the first politician to wink-wink a "possible" message across his voter base. Kamala herself backed and funded the efforts to release criminals for rioting during these protests.

So what the **** are we talking about here?

I'm still here due to him thinking he has as much rights to my assets when I pass away as my kids do. Its utter incompetence and stupidity that keeps me coming back for more. How anyone can think this way is beyond the way I think. There is not one person who has any valuable assets whatsoever that thinks they should give back to the government instead of their family when they pass.

And no person with anything of value, whether assets or skillset, thinks giving it to the government would provide a net positive to society.

Just a special type of person that can look at all the government waste and incompetence and think they need more assets from productive members of society.

27M + to the Bidens from foreign countries since 2014.
8M in loans from Democrat benefactors that were never repaid.

It's all made up, though, right LIBS? Just like the the laptop. Just like Russian collusion.

But hey, @Dore95 will tell you that the way Trump talks is MUCH more important to the US citizens and the future of our country, LOL. He'd rather be lied to and treated like a schelp by his leaders as long as they speak eloquently! LIBS are so disingeous and ignorant that it's pathetic. I've seen snot-nosed 6 year olds with more integrity.

27M + to the Bidens from foreign countries since 2014.
8M in loans from Democrat benefactors that were never repaid.

It's all made up, though, right LIBS? Just like the the laptop. Just like Russian collusion.

But hey, @Dore95 will tell you that the way Trump talks is MUCH more important to the US citizens and the future of our country, LOL. He'd rather be lied to and treated like a schelp by his leaders as long as they speak eloquently! LIBS are so disingeous and ignorant that it's pathetic. I've seen snot-nosed 6 year olds with more integrity.

Going price for presidential treason. Price is up from 10 million when billary sold us out. Guess inflation hit treason too.

Of course pubs wait till biden is literally a dead man walking before they move on any impeachment. The election will be done before anything happens thereby making it moot.

I am starting to see more and more black women coming around too. Not quite as many as Black men, but i do get a number of black women supporting Trump coming up in my feeds. Mainly they aren't buying her claiming to be black and realize how the Biden agenda has not been good for them.
Makes you wonder, if she was 100% black would that be their #1 priority and all those things I listed behind that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT