POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Increased tax revenue, on a societal scale has been proven, time and time again, to be grossly ineffective.

Public education is proof of that.

Fundamentally, it's not a "money" problem. It's an execution problem. If the government could demonstrate that they are good stewards of tax dollars, then I'd happily agree to tax increases if necessary. But, you see, therein lies the problem: They are NOT. And the more you give them, the more they waste and take those revenues for granted/waste them for political, rather than humanitarian gain.

It's like trying to teach a child the value of money, by raising their allowance, after they continually waste it on candy/toys...

IOW - They need to learn to spend effectively, with less, and THEN, once they've learned their lesson, we can revisit the issue of "raising their allowance"

Increased tax revenue, on a societal scale has been proven, time and time again, to be grossly ineffective.

Fundamentally, it's not a "money" problem. It's an execution problem. If the government could demonstrate that they are good stewards of tax dollars, then I'd happily agree to tax increases if necessary. But, you see, therein lies the problem: They are NOT. And the more you give them, the more they waste and take those revenues for granted/waste them for political, rather than humanitarian gain.

It's like trying to teach a child the value of money, by raising their allowance, after they continually waste it on candy/toys...

IOW - They need to learn to spend effectively, with less, and THEN, once they've learned their lesson, we can revisit the issue of "raising their allowance"
If anything, public education is underfunded, so investing more into it would be a net-positive.

Someone actually made a statement that we don't spend enough on public education. That's cute. Considering we already spend, per capita, more than any country in the world and many countries combined even.

1979 US is ranked #1 in the world in education. Govt creates department of education. As of a few yrs ago we were ranked 29th in the world. What changed?

Just continually giving the govt more money and authority is like trying to piss in a tornado.

GUsAXNiXYAAigy1

Dude, it is really not hard to be informed. Unless you trust the drive-by corporate uniparty media.

Harris is barely up according the website, but here is the info I want to take you to for my point:
This Day In History: August 10, 2020: Biden +6.9 | August 10, 2016: Clinton +7.7

1. What were the final tallies in 16 and 20? (Hint ... not even close.)
2. Which candidate did the polls lean to and by how much?
3. If those polls were so far off, and in one direction. Then why should we trust this poll?? ESPECIALLY when she has not announced one policy position on her website.

Please give us a good, honest reason.

Are you going to turn away any inheritance from your parents? Do they have a will? Have you told them to turn your share over to the government to be redistributed? As if the government would even do that with it.

No doubt he's railing on and on about how it would only work if everyone did it!

No, it could never work. And no, communism is most certainly not compatible with our foundational American values. There is no misconstruction of what the Founding Fathers envisioned that can square that circle. His beliefs, like this one about property, are completely antithetical to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness (property). My property belongs to me, the individual, not the government (collective). If you take it and all I worked for from me after death, then all that means is that I was renting it from you while alive. That is communism.

Reactions: berniecarbo
Like I said earlier; show me (speaking to the government) that you can manage your finances responsibly, and then maybe we can talk about raising your allowance. Barring that, start mowing lawns to pick up extra cash.

That's not a bad idea actually. For every 1000 dollars of deficit spending, The Legislative and Executive branches should have to do an hour of community service. And I don't mean reading to children. I mean picking up trash or serving free meals at a homeless shelter. Without exception.

Last edited:
Our government shouldn't have a loophole to disregard a presidential election. That was the purpose of the 1887 Electoral Count Act, to close that loophole after it was discovered and used in 1876 by former slave states to contest the election. Sadly it's too vague to be effective and the issue remains to be addressed. Also, kind of hilarious that y'all literally quoted Stalin to justify your coup. Who're the authoritarian commies again?
GUq7oP6WYAAhPZ0

Like I said, you have no interest in equality of opportunity. To each his own, but don't act like you do you then. Nobles and serfs are justified to you as long as you and yours are the ones on top.
I have no interest in people like yourself that expect equality of opportunity but don’t want to work hard to achieve a better lifestyle like the people you are relying on. That’s your choice to live a miserable life expecting me to help you. I’m going to teach my kids to work hard, try to be better than everyone else, and reward them with my assets when I pass. I won’t think one second about you and your continued laziness.

Make something of yourself Dion.

MidseasonTweak - I'll respectfully disagree, about Public Education being underfunded. I believe, based upon my observations, growing up in a family of educators, and having worked in that field myself, for 3 decades, that the majority of funding is misspent.
I can’t believe the left makes this argument about schools being “underfunded.” We have spent sooooo much money and it doesn’t work. It’s ineffective. Scores are getting lower. Kids are dumber. Because you cannot fix an issue at home which time and time again shows that culture matters.

Ever since the DOE came into existence, we have got worse and worse. It’s to the point now that an 8th grade education in the 1920s is more impressive than a high school education of today. I’d say it’s more impressive than most modern bachelor’s degrees.

My buddy is from Missouri and spoke of all of these people being bussed in. That’s the left’s strategy. Bus in the chaos.

The left always has bottom feeders as heroes. George Floyd and Michael Brown were absolute trash human beings. Brown had just choked a grown man and robbed him and then tried to kill a cop but the left makes him a “hero.” Floyd goes without saying.

I have no interest in people like yourself that expect equality of opportunity but don’t want to work hard to achieve a better lifestyle like the people you are relying on. That’s your choice to live a miserable life expecting me to help you. I’m going to teach my kids to work hard, try to be better than everyone else, and reward them with my assets when I pass. I won’t think one second about you and your continued laziness.

Make something of yourself Dion.

It’s nauseating.

Just whines about his position in life rather than trying to better himself or develop marketable knowledge or skill sets.

The 30-40% marginal rates I pay in income taxes isn’t enough. Need so many more handouts the government needs to borrow $40 trillion and confiscate all my private property when I die.

He borrows a ton of money to spend it on a worthless degree and wants to tax me more to pay his debts. Advocates for free UBI handouts after the founders of OpenAI (who had a vested interest in showing UBI was a good thing) recently published a study showing it’s an abysmal failure.

That's because most government officials are lawyers. What are lawyers good at? Emptying other people's pockets. The entire government is run by lawyers. You get what you pay for. Trump is a businessman, not a lawyer.

Like I said earlier; show me (speaking to the government) that you can manage your finances responsibly, and then maybe we can talk about raising your allowance. Barring that, start mowing lawns to pick up extra cash.

That's not a bad idea actually. For every 1000 dollars of deficit spending, The Legislative and Executive branches should have to do an hour of community service. And I don't mean reading to children. I mean picking up trash or serving free meals at a homeless shelter. Without exception.
We didn't even have an income tax until 1913. We used tariffs to support the government before that. Anyone else think the fedgov is too big and bloated now?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT