POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's not up to the US House of Representatives, it's up to the state legislatures. The US House just cast their ballots according to the state government they represent. 1 state, 1 vote. IIRC.

I was slightly in error on this. (twice in one day) The state legislature does not pick the electors. But, my overall point remains. Right now, Republicans control the delegates in 27 states. So, Trump would win in the 269 to 269 scenario.

Reactions: Dionysus444
He got on a roll for a while and started talking trash. Which I probably would too if I was that good. lol. But it wasn’t a real good idea against that UK team.
I feel like I remember there being talk that he could be the one big man who could take down Anthony Davis. I remember a lot of hype around him just don't remember him playing it lol.

I remember there being talk that he may not play because he may not travel by plane. But others said he did ...but I don't remember him playing for some reason lol

Scrolling the thread, for a sec I thought I was having another Mandela effect. He was excellent in that game and ISU really gave us all we wanted, though it was never really in doubt

I say another because I swear Richard Simmons died a few years ago due to heart attack.

I was slightly in error on this. (twice in one day) The state legislature does not pick the electors. But, my overall point remains. Right now, Republicans control the delegates in 27 states. So, Trump would win in the 269 to 269 scenario.
Thank you. More gracious than most of your colleagues here. The goal is always education.

Now, back to substance. Do you think Kamala/Walz has a worse or better shot at NE2 than Biden/Kamala did?

Reactions: HymanKaplan
So George Stephanopolous gets put on "leave"?
Thank you. More gracious than most of your colleagues here. The goal is always education.

Now, back to substance. Do you think Kamala/Walz has a worse or better shot at NE2 than Biden/Kamala did?

Probably slightly less, but it's a tossup. It IS the most progressive area in the state, but at the end of the day, it's STILL Nebraska LOL

I don't agree. When he's actually talking issues, Vance is a pretty sharp guy. And frankly, the left is going to have a hard time defending their record for the last 4 years. Either way, VP debates are about as useful as tits on a bull.
You're right in that the VP debates are less useful, but you act like Trump's presidency was some incredible blip in the country's history, it wasn't.

Probably slightly less, but it's a tossup. It IS the most progressive area in the state, but at the end of the day, it's STILL Nebraska LOL
Yeah I don't know either. The youth is a factor in her favor, but being a woman is probably a bit of a negative with that demographic. Probably right, mostly a wash. Will be crazy if the election ends up coming down to that district. A 269 tie would be a lot of stress on our country.

Better.

Yes Kamala sounds stupid, but when has that stopped a politician from winning? Biden was clearly dangerously cognitively impaired. Plus some will vote purely because of her sex or race. Sure some will also vote against her for one of those last 2 reasons, but those people wouldn’t have voted for Biden either.

“JV” Vance will lose his debate. I don’t think that’ll effect the election one way or the other though. HS football coach who won State, and a prior E-9 will truck him, and it’ll be the main news cycle for a day and then something else will happen.

JV will only have good optics if the bar is so low that he doesn’t completely bomb.

I am starting to think he enjoys sh!t talking more than actually winning the election.

I wish there was a viable alternative. Viable, is the keyword.
I think just about anyone of the Repubs in the primary could have won against the ticket the Dems put up. Trump will have the hardest battle in my opinion because he gives the other side so much ammunition to hate him.

You're right in that the VP debates are less useful, but you act like Trump's presidency was some incredible blip in the country's history, it wasn't.

I'm not sure why you think that. I just know that he was a better President than Biden was, and I'm sure that he would do a better job than Kamala for the next four.

10s of millions of people will be voting the Harris/Walz ticket. End of days my friends. Even if Trump manages to win we're still stuck with these 10s of millions uninformed citizens. The problem, each year new voters turn 18 while old voters die.
Yeah. Sucks to admit but the country is cooked. It's just a matter of how low we can keep the temperature to prolong it's doneness.

Reactions: SDC888 and blubo
- Not that you’ll earn any of the lefty votes anyway, but following up on their “weird” stance by posting 1000’s of actual weird lefties is not the look I think you really want to go for.

Basically republicans everywhere were baited into showing their true colors.

Not sure they picked up on that or not, yet.

- If you are Trump, Vance, Vivek or anyone else all you have to do is point out the failures of this administration and beg for Harris to speak, interview or just talk.

It’s only a matter of time before she sinks her own ship once she starts talking.

- If this election comes down to OH, PA, AZ, GA, MI, MN, and VA then Walz makes sense.

Not sure Trump wins by angling race in those states.

I’d damn near debate her on ABC just to get her to talk.

Joe Lieberman
Lieberman was run out of the dem party for not being liberal enough. Joe was defeated in a Democrat primary after running on the Gore ticket but then Joe ran as an independent and was reelected to his senate seat. Joe was reliability liberal on all social issues but was a strong supporter of national security issues (unlike most liberal democrats).

Last edited:
Lieberman was run out of the dem party for supporting John McCain. Joe was subsequently defeated in a Democrat primary but then Joe ran as an independent and was reelected to his senate seat. Joe was reliability liberal all social issues but was a strong supporter of national security issues (unlike most liberal democrats).
Lieberman wasn't run out. He chose the insurance companies over Democratic traditions

• Haha
Reactions: DSmith21
Lieberman wasn't run out. He chose the insurance companies over Democratic traditions
Wrong. Joe chose to support strong national security policies and the libs punished him for it by challenging him in the primary (rarely ever done to a multi-term sitting senator). Yet the very blue state of CT chose to re-elect him as an independent.

Can’t wait can you?

When it happens and it will, The Dems will attack them with such a level of racist vitriol we haven’t seen since Biden and Eastlands racial jungle days. Dems just love to smack back down any republican POC that starts gaining popularity and starts thinking a bit too mighty of himself/herself. Dont want the black man to start thinking he can do things on his own now do you?

Black white supremacist! Uncle Tom! White mans prop! Of course it comes natural for your side. Always has.
Until y'all nominate someone besides a white male for President you have zero standing on this issue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT