POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s perfectly doable. You think kids in China care who can throw a football farther? They care about who’s at the top of their class. It’s all just about how we want to structure our priorities.

Chinese kids are basketball fans. The China market is huge for the NBA and the youth there treat these guys like rockstars even more so than what we see in the US. Estimated 300m play basketball in China. While basketball requires a certain amount of mental skill, it’s not rocket science and individual success as you know is largely going to be determined by size which Asian Americans fall below average on.

And yes, I’m sure majority of these kids still do strive to be the top of their class. It’s not ridiculous to think people can be passionate about more than one thing, but to think those kids wouldn’t love to be playing in the NBA if they could is just not accurate.

So funny that QueenieD doesn't realize the dem voters are just like the elves. They don't mind being slaves to the party, and in fact prefer it to thinking for themselves at all. From their emancipation through abuse at the hands of dems consistently throughout 150 yrs they have never wavered in their support of their masters.

Stockholm Syndrome.

US Secret Service evidence disposal kit.

dollah2.jpg

Can't have unity when half the country hates the diversity of a diverse nation.
Only a simpleton believes the slogan diversity is strength. It NEVER made sense. Diversity of opinion is called a disagreement. What makes you stronger? Agreement or disagreement. Look at the Balkans. Rome. Every example yields the result...strength comes from a melting pot.

Clearly misinformation that libs spout misinformation. Another Putin puppet revealed. /s

Too bad Joe and Kammy couldn’t get that truth ministry off of the ground before this election cycle.

Last edited:
Reactions: SDC888
Chinese kids are basketball fans. The China market is huge for the NBA and the youth there treat these guys like rockstars even more so than what we see in the US. Estimated 300m play basketball in China. While basketball requires a certain amount of mental skill, it’s not rocket science and individual success as you know is largely going to be determined by size which Asian Americans fall below average on.

And yes, I’m sure majority of these kids still do strive to be the top of their class. It’s not ridiculous to think people can be passionate about more than one thing, but to think those kids wouldn’t love to be playing in the NBA if they could is just not accurate.
It's a hobby. Not a central part of their scholastic careers with scholarships at stake. To argue we have similar emphasis on them as societies is silly.

The biggest problem for kids in China is that factories put in safety nets around the upper floors, so that they can't plunge to their deaths at will.
Joke if you want but they live the same middle-class life Americans do. And they accomplished it on a much shorter timescale. There's plenty to dislike about China, but their economic rise over the last few decades is real. Y'all acknowledge that when looking at them as an adversary, but not in terms of quality of life.

You think the two alternatives are emergency CRs and omnibus bills no one is allowed to read, or shutting down the government?

And accuse me of bs black/white thinking?

The preferred alternative would be separate appropriations bills that each member has a chance to review. But that would take a desire from democrat and republican leadership to run a government on behalf of the American people, not their friends and donors.
We know what the preferred "historical" alternative is. The question is what was Mitch supposed to do when presented with the first two alternatives by the House. You dodged that by returning to an ideal that he doesn't/didn't have as a option. So my question still stands.

Has @sambowieshin came in to tell us the Kamala Krash isn't real and the economy is great?

Basing the size of the fall and concern on the number of points is bs given how high the markets points have moved the last couple of decades. Percentages are what matter. By that standard, this fall size has happened 10's of times. IOW, NBD. Not wanted, but still minor.

Joke if you want but they live the same middle-class life Americans do. And they accomplished it on a much shorter timescale. There's plenty to dislike about China, but their economic rise over the last few decades is real. Y'all acknowledge that when looking at them as an adversary, but not in terms of quality of life.

Reactions: Dionysus444
Are you condemning the Muslim gangs rioting too? They are the ones carrying weapons.
Reminds me about watching a New York based tv series from the 90’s this morning. Showed Twin Towers in the background a few times. Never in my wildest dreams could I have ever imagined that we would allow these people to disrespect our country so soon after their attack on the U. S.

Reactions: blubo and mdlUK.1
Are you condemning the Muslim gangs rioting too? They are the ones carrying weapons.
Mobs are attacking brown people openly in the streets and burning mosques and businesses when the attacker wasn’t even Muslim. Of course people are going to defend themselves from violent racists.

• Haha
Reactions: mdlUK.1
I admit the physical differences in biology all the time. What I don’t do is think that makes men and women unequal, as you do here. They aren’t, just different. Like all people. Some are more suited to certain tasks than others. We need to quit shoehorning everyone into these rigid categories and let them expand to reach their full potential.
Oh my.

I guess this explains why I’m not in the NBA, or a neurosurgeon, or a physicist.

I was just…different, right?

We can’t let this depressing day end without acknowledging this truth. The assholes that voted for all of Biden’s spending in 2021 are every bit as responsible as the goons who stole the election.

Reactions: parrott
It's a hobby. Not a central part of their scholastic careers with scholarships at stake. To argue we have similar emphasis on them as societies is silly.

Sure it’s a hobby because it has to be. Those that can, do. Majority are not capable. Those that show signs or have the right genetics are placed in “sports schools” where becoming a professional athlete is the goal and prioritized over regular school. These schools are overseen by the government which desires the national pride associated with the athletes success vs the rest of the world. Womens golf is dominated by the Chinese and Asians in general. The NBA or NFL would be no exception if they were genetically more capable.

I don’t see them abandoning physical sports for just those of the mind anytime soon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT