POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A lot of the poor in this country aren't shoveling coal. In fact, a lot of them do absolutely nothing. And why should they?

It's your argument sam. You should at least try to get it right.

And "blinded by Trump" sums YOU and Eeyore up perfectly, I might add. LOL

Have you two whining simpletons gotten if out of your system yet?

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
You calling me pedantic is a riot. The article made clear (even though, you're right, it wasn't a direct quote) that SCOTUS insisted that what they meant by returning it to the political process, was the state legislators. But you conveniently left that out.

And you, being a self-described originalist (which is a tenet of the Federalist Society) should take it as gospel.

Now take your ass-beating like a man. You've been had on all fronts junior...
No, again, they meant for now because that's what the decision did since there's currently no federal legislation on the topic. That doesn't somehow preclude any federal legislation from being passed in the future. So like, everyone understands this on both sides of the aisle. You're the only one holding to your crazy position. That doesn't mean it's wrong necessarily, but shouldn't that indicate giving it another thought? Why are you unwilling to think for yourself? Like I said I've linked the decision itself multiple times. Why not just read it? See what it says for yourself? You issue these lofty platitudes about being an individual and thinking critically for yourself, but then refuse to act on your own rhetoric.

Every time I see "Eeyore quoted your post" I picture an out on his feet boxer, using the ropes to regain his footing, all the while, his corner is trying to find the damn towel... LOL

You two rest up. I have to run some errands and mow the grass.

With the media in their pockets, no way. People don't make their choice by reason, but by emotion.

Look at what they've achieved in a mere two weeks with her. And she's a blathering marxist idiot. Newsom is too smooth talking; they wouldn't have had to hide him like they are her. Facts and reality be damned. Like that Hannity debate, everyone on the right thought DeSantis was brilliant for actually being substantive. If that was an actual debate, the media would've spun that as a Newsom trouncing, and 55% of voters would;'ve agreed.

I agree but it seems like somehow desantis has traction with people the msm cant disrupt. They literally tried to destroy him over covid and he not only weathered that storm, but bested them at every turn.

Same with transanity and other issues.

People vote with their legs and many people moved to Florida while moving out of California despite msm going full bore propping up newsom and dogging desantis. He just resonates in a way that gets through the msm facade. Same with vivek.

Reactions: Blue_2_the_bone
Lex Fridman said he's going to interview Donald Trump. Elon Musk said he'd stop by.

Saw this in Lex's latest interview of Elon.

Can't wait. Beta heads everywhere are going to explode.

Reactions: screwduke1
Oh man, it's almost like it was a campaign slogan and not a memo issued out to the press and influencers to just start using in basic dialogue.

So, again, a campaign slogan like 'Make America Great Again' and 'Drain the Swamp' isn't like someone just deciding to call people 'weird' as some type of tactic, or use the term 'dark' for every headline. You can always tell when the left has been given new orders because they collectively start saying it. Hell, Whoopi read it directly from the note she was given.
Whatever, my guy lol. You don't need to spin just to spin. Folks here use right wing and Trump talking points daily as if they're campaign workers. When Trump says "stolen election", you can bet any amount of money "stolen election" will be parroted here soon after. It's okay to just admit that. As far as "weird" goes, it's one word and not that bad of an insult. The right, and you guys here, can use whatever phrases and words you like to insult the side you dislike and now you're pretending "weird" is bad or something? After the right used 'Crooked', 'Sleepy', 'Laffin', etc.?

Point is, someone said a leftist was parroting words...which is something folks here do daily. It's fine to admit it. I'm not spending all day on this goofy issue when I'm able to read and have seen daily posters parrot Trump over and over. Hate the left if you like but don't turn into a hypocrite along the way. What a silly hill to die on lol.

Multiple posters just today have been railing against trans cakes. Cakes. You can't be serious. Or if you are, please help steer your fellow Republicans back to an inclusive party Lincoln could be proud of.
GUH1xIOW4AA5AGm

LOL, it's not so funny when the Soros is on the other foot is it? LOL

They have, absolutely no awareness or shame. Hahaha

a political action committee created by Tesla CEO Elon Musk, one aimed at giving the Republican presidential nominee Trump an advantage in his campaign against Vice President Kamala Harris, the de facto Democratic nominee.

“I have created a PAC, or a super PAC ... the America PAC,” Musk said in a recent interview.

Musk also owns the social media platform X, and has a net worth of more than $235 billion, according to Forbes.

The combination of owning a social media company that gives him an enormous platform to push his political views, and creating a PAC with effectively unlimited resources, has made Musk, for the first time, a major force in an American presidential election.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“I’d say that it is somewhat concerning that the owner of one of the most important social media platforms is openly partisan (rooting for one of the candidates) and is using his platform ... as a vehicle for pursuing his openly partisan ends,” said Matthew Baum, a professor at the Harvard Kennedy School, whose research includes studying misinformation.

Baum said such ownership of a social media company like X leaves open the possibility of “capture of a major platform by a partisan actor, who would then be largely free to use the platform as they see fit, regardless of the potential negative social or political consequences.”

“There is a concern that Musk is weaponizing that platform to help his preferred candidate” in Trump, said Weiner.

(that last line was the cherry on top. LOL)

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/08/02/elon-musk-pac-voter-data-trump-harris.html

...and no one here used "swamp" or any other phrases like that until Trump used them. You can't change the history of this thread. I was reading this lovely thread back in 2016 and saw plenty of you fall in line as if you guys were a part of the Trump campaign. And it's perfectly fine...but if one is going to accuse the left of doing it, I'll bring this thread back to reality and remind it that many here do the exact same thing.

God, you're insufferable. He clearly said Trump articulates what his voters are thinking, of course they use the term he coined. Part of his appeal. Nailing the one word everyone feels. See, crokked Hillary, drain the swamp. Etc.

Kamala has a bunch of people falling over themselves because the media started telling them too. She hasn't done one single thing since Biden stepped down to increase her popularity, other than the MSM suddenly telling you how awesome and 'brat' and all that rubbish she is.

LOL, it's not so funny when the Soros is on the other foot is it? LOL

They have, absolutely no awareness or shame. Hahaha

a political action committee created by Tesla CEO Elon Musk, one aimed at giving the Republican presidential nominee Trump an advantage in his campaign against Vice President Kamala Harris, the de facto Democratic nominee.

“I have created a PAC, or a super PAC ... the America PAC,” Musk said in a recent interview.

Musk also owns the social media platform X, and has a net worth of more than $235 billion, according to Forbes.

The combination of owning a social media company that gives him an enormous platform to push his political views, and creating a PAC with effectively unlimited resources, has made Musk, for the first time, a major force in an American presidential election.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“I’d say that it is somewhat concerning that the owner of one of the most important social media platforms is openly partisan (rooting for one of the candidates) and is using his platform ... as a vehicle for pursuing his openly partisan ends,” said Matthew Baum, a professor at the Harvard Kennedy School, whose research includes studying misinformation.

Baum said such ownership of a social media company like X leaves open the possibility of “capture of a major platform by a partisan actor, who would then be largely free to use the platform as they see fit, regardless of the potential negative social or political consequences.”

“There is a concern that Musk is weaponizing that platform to help his preferred candidate” in Trump, said Weiner.

(that last line was the cherry on top. LOL)

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/08/02/elon-musk-pac-voter-data-trump-harris.html
Who is ABC rooting for?
NBC?
CNN?
CBS?
Every cable news channel, including fox (AZ 2020 as proof)?
Fakebook?

you gotta feel so sorry for the left ... they no longer control EVERY outlet... aww, so sad...

I have a solution to the, who should get to vote problem (in Federal elections)

Just show up with your previous year's tax returns and a photo ID to prove it's you, and if you paid at least 1 cent (net) in Federal Income taxes, then boom, you get to vote.

After all, it IS your money, so you've earned the right to have a say in how it is spent. Everyone else, meh... not so much.

I have a solution to the, who should get to vote problem (in Federal elections)

Just show up with your previous year's tax returns and a photo ID to prove it's you, and if you paid at least 1 cent (net) in Federal Income taxes, then boom, you get to vote.

After all, it IS your money, so you've earned the right to have a say in how it is spent. Everyone else, meh... not so much.
I wouldn't mind them going back to property owners only voting.

People that love freedom didn't react the way to did to the upjumped China cold, you fascist.
A cold that killed twice the number of people who died in all of our wars put together. That's some cold.

Is there a number of deaths that would have spurred you to sympathy and action?

• Haha
Reactions: HymanKaplan
God, you're insufferable. He clearly said Trump articulates what his voters are thinking, of course they use the term he coined. Part of his appeal. Nailing the one word everyone feels. See, crokked Hillary, drain the swamp. Etc.

Kamala has a bunch of people falling over themselves because the media started telling them too. She hasn't done one single thing since Biden stepped down to increase her popularity, other than the MSM suddenly telling you how awesome and 'brat' and all that rubbish she is.
She's popular because she's far younger and can stick it to Trump, which she will whether or not the Great Orange Divider honors a debate he agreed to instead of backing out like a weird, small-handed, sore loser.

• Haha
Reactions: HymanKaplan
Seems really surreal what's going in the world.

-Women are men and men are women.
-Marriage is no longer between men and women,
-Childrens genitals are being removed to satisfy some cultural ritual by the elites.
-Worldwide diseases that kill millions are being created in a labs so a political party in the U.S. can win an election.
-The media we grew up watching and believing has turned into a tool for the elites to feed us lies and create false realities.
-Wars are being waged around the world so oligarchs can increase their wealth.
-Cows and others animals are being slaughtered around the world because the elites want to control the food supply.
-The cost of everything has doubled.
-We're on the brink of a global recession.
-We're on the brink of WW3.

Pray and make peace with God. The day of the Lord is upon us.

A cold that killed twice the number of people who died in all of our wars put together. That's some cold.

Is there a number of deaths that would have spurred you to sympathy and action?
Trump told him that Covid wasn't dangerous so he believes it. What's funny is that had the orange man treated Covid like any normal functioning brained person/leader would have, he'd probably be president again, but he couldn't help but let his stupidness spill out. He could learn a thing or two from a good leader, like Andy Beshear.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT