POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The national polls don’t mean anything. Between the 6-7 swing states that is what matters. If Trump leads or is close in the General then it’s over.
Of course, we were just talking about the specifics of the polling though. We're working with limited data and more polls will come out over the next week or two of course, but if you look at the key swing states at the moment this looks to be another tight race.

Yes, based on history, if Trump is tied/leading/or within 3 to 4 points in the National average it is probably good news for him.

He consistently outperforms his polling numbers (for reasons that pollsters can't explain)

If I were Kamala, I'd worry a little, if I wasn't up 5 plus, heading into the election.

Something Liberals hate is when their own has a mind of their own and doesn't toe the party line.
Nope I love that Maher has kept it real with how dumb the fringe of our party has gotten. None of it plays well in elections either and ultimately that matters. Maher isn’t afraid to bring people from the right on either, he does jt all the time which I appreciate too. He still hates Trump (we all do) but he also calls out the left on their nonsense which I appreciate too. The stupidity of supporting Hamas, the gender issue nonsense, etc.

Nope I love that Maher has kept it real with how dumb the fringe of our party has gotten. None of it plays well in elections either and ultimately that matters. Maher isn’t afraid to bring people from the right on either, he does jt all the time which I appreciate too. He still hates Trump (we all do) but he also calls out the left on their nonsense which I appreciate too. The stupidity of supporting Hamas, the gender issue nonsense, etc.
You can never forget you need us. You piss us off and we'll give you Trump.

The same could be asked of the poster. That crap is stupid and reductionist. Advocating for punching trans people is not normal or reasonable discourse and shouldn't just be brushed off. Just like casual racism a few decades ago.
GTXo3G5WAAAr5bf

How about the people who are putting Trump stickers on rioters’ cars so their vehicles will be destroyed by anti-Jewish protesters?

Like putting Bears bumper stickers on Wisconsin vehicles during football season! (Don't know anyone that would ever do such a thing, but it might be funny. If it did just happen to happen.)

Reactions: AustinTXCat
False. Every Arab in the old British Mandate was a Palestinian. So are their descendants that live there. Israeli Arabs are Palestinians for crap sakes. There ain't even a country of Gaza for people to being "Gazans" or whatever.
What nationality was Arafat, genius?

Reactions: WTF Cat
Vance>>>>>>Pence.

Vps today are basically chosen because they can help with a swing state or a demographic.

Ppl bitch about the being too old to run, or too establishment. At the very least Vance is neither and he may help in the targeted states. He's a vet. He himself checks a lot of boxes. No one is voting for his policies.

Even after all this time, I still can't think of one good thing about Pence or anything he actually did as a positive for his president or the people he represented as VP. The only impression he left was that of wet white bread.

What the hell is wrong with the other 40%?

Almost 30% thought Biden won the debate. 1/3 of this country won’t say anything they think is negative toward the liberal candidate. Those brainwashed lemmings do not think and cannot be moved off whatever the Dem Party tells them to think.

Those are probably the same people who think Trump staged the assassination attempt.

Facts First: One of Harris’ claims about Project 2025 is false, while another is at least misleading. The Project 2025 document does not show that Trump intends to cut Social Security; the document barely discusses Social Security at all and does not propose cuts to the program. In addition, contrary to Harris’ suggestion, Project 2025 does not call to “end” the Affordable Care Act or eliminate its protections for people with pre-existing conditions. The document does criticize the Affordable Care Act, especially the law’s expansion of Medicaid, but makes clear it is advocating changes to the law rather than terminating the law entirely.

A Harris campaign official said the campaign has “made a deliberate decision to brand all of Trump’s policies” as “Project 2025,” since they believe “it has stuck with voters.” After the initial publication of this article, a Harris campaign spokesperson, Joseph Costello, added, “Project 2025 is a blueprint for many of the dangerous policies we know that a second Trump term would include, and it is indisputable that in his first term, Donald Trump repeatedly tried to cut Social Security and end the Affordable Care Act.”

Mary Vought, a spokesperson for Project 2025 and the Heritage Foundation, said, “Harris should follow her own advice and read the book instead of promoting lies and misinformation.”

I left out the Dims plans becasue they are appallingly worse. But this shows (again) that Trump is no conservative. And MAGA doesn't GAS.

"The economic platforms of both presidential candidates are littered with antigrowth proposals. .... Donald Trump is proposing to hold the line on spending and current tax policy but would raise tariffs and pursue an economically destructive immigration policy. ......

Tariffs are fees charged on goods imported by U.S. companies. These increased costs typically result in higher prices for consumers. The hope is that the increase in the relative costs of imports compared with goods produced domestically will lead to a shift toward domestically produced goods. But the benefits of any shift are more than offset by inefficiencies, the higher costs to domestic consumers, and the foreign retaliation that usually occurs. ..... I

in 2018 Mr. Trump imposed tariffs of 25% on steel imports and 10% on aluminum imports, declaring, “Trade wars are good and easy to win.” China retaliated in various ways and Mr. Trump’s promise that manufacturing jobs would suddenly flood back to the U.S. proved worthless.
Global trade and production declined and U.S. manufacturing jobs flattened.

Tariffs violate the simple but sound law of comparative advantage. It may be wise to ban trade in sensitive goods related to national security, but Mr. Trump’s fear of bilateral trade deficits with foreign partners is simply economic nonsense.....

Meanwhile, both candidates have pledged not to touch the benefits and structures of Social Security and Medicare. These are the primary sources of large deficits and mounting government debt. Promising to leave these programs alone may be good short-run politics, but it’s irresponsibly bad economics.

I’ve prepared side-by-side comparisons of presidential candidates’ economic platforms since 1992. A review of these comparisons makes two things obvious. First, the Democratic Party has moved decidedly leftward. ......
Second, while Mr. Trump’s tax and spending platform is standard GOP stuff (i.e., Rino stuff. LOL.), his proposals on tariffs and immigration move the party away from its traditional embrace of free enterprise. His mass-deportation plan is impractical and antithetical to economic growth in a nation whose population is aging.

Trump and the current administration seem to agree on tariffs when it comes to China. How would you deal with China?

What nationality was Arafat, genius?
And with that you answered the question posted here all the time of why other neighboring Arab nations don't want to accept Palestinian refugees. Because those refugees will then be told they're 'Egyptian like Arafat' and have just one more hurdle to returning. Someone in Gaza is already most likely a refugee; stop genociding these people.

^^^Never watched the NBA, just implied that NBA players (who are mostly black) don't have the smarts to play other sports
BS. You can be smart as hell or dumb as a rock and play in the NBA. Not saying they are all dumb at all.
The point is that your physical skills are way more important in the NBA than your cognitive skills. That is just a fact.

Here is Ian example of a truly stupid human being.

Trying to sound as reasonable as possible, yet claims that NBA ability is all physical, not mental at all.

What if the player chokes at the line every time? Can't remember the plays? Can't comprehend a zone defense? Etc etc.

Just absolutisms showing absolute idiocy.
How many 5 foot 2 dudes with IQs of 150 are getting paid to shoot those free throws in the NBA?? 😂
You're arguing that IQ trumps pure physical size/skill in the NBA? Gotcha.
You're an idiot.

Pretend Christian, convicted felon, Trump said this
>“Just this time. You won’t have to do it anymore. Four more years. You know what? It’ll be fixed! It’ll be fine! You won’t have to vote anymore, my beautiful Christians. I love you, Christians!” He added, “You gotta get out and vote. In four years, you don’t have to vote again. We’ll have it fixed so good, you’re not gonna have to vote.”

Dude wants to erase democracy. Sickening.

Pretend Christian, convicted felon, Trump said this
>“Just this time. You won’t have to do it anymore. Four more years. You know what? It’ll be fixed! It’ll be fine! You won’t have to vote anymore, my beautiful Christians. I love you, Christians!” He added, “You gotta get out and vote. In four years, you don’t have to vote again. We’ll have it fixed so good, you’re not gonna have to vote.”

Dude wants to erase democracy. Sickening.
They'll say he just meant fixing the country. But they'll just be engaging in the same word-parsing of Trump's meaning they always accuse liberals of.

Reactions: MidseasonTweak
It's not hard, but I'll further detail for the hard of understanding. He chose the Trumpiest VP candidate possible & MAGA eats it up - purity of thought alignment between the entire ticket & MAGA. The rest of the country appears to like him not so much - like it's not all that keen on Trump. NET, the margin likely to be closer than it needs to be & possibly even bad due to not broadening the appeal to those not so Trumpian. And if it's bad, it won't be due to cheating. It's right here.

Or he picked him for being MORE MAGA and as anti-assassination insurance, which... seems justified now, doesn't it, NetCat

How many 5 foot 2 dudes with IQs of 150 are getting paid to shoot those free throws in the NBA?? 😂
You're arguing that IQ trumps pure physical size/skill in the NBA? Gotcha.
You're an idiot.

Haha, look at The Village idiot response.

IQ plays a part, as it does, in every sport, which you claimed it didn't, and was 'purely physical.

Go back and read it again, very closely, 'educator'.

And Maybe stop posting blackout drunk.

• Love
Reactions: exemjr and WTF Cat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT