POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe not. I can't imagine that every Republican was thrilled with Caribou Barbie being a heartbeat away.
I'd take Palin over anyone in your entire party. I would take millions of people over anyone involved with the democrat party and at least 90-95% of the current Republicans at the Federal level.
That is the sad situation this country is in.

Nobody votes for or against based on who the VP candidate is
I don’t agree with that. Trump has one term and who his vp is of importance. Kamala is gonna pick a vp who will help her in the rust or sun belt. There was a time vps were figureheads but right now in this election vp could mean 20000 or more votes in swing states. Any of those states whoever Kamala picks as vp the state will follow because the margins are so thin.

Reactions: entropy13
220px-Spiro_Agnew.jpg

Old Spiro... If he were in politics today, would be considered a pretty far left liberal. (replete with abusing political office for personal gain, and habitual tax fraud)

Although, he DID come down hard on Vietnam War protestors, and, by extension, gave us the ubiquitous descriptor, “nattering nabobs of negativism”

This should be like shooting fish in a barrel for Trump when it comes to debates and campaigning. Literally all he has to do is run down all of Kamala’s stances and statements on these issues, and then point out he is basically exactly opposite of her on every issue. That’s it. No personal attacks. No nicknames. No brawling. Any sensible voter who is presented with these facts should find Kamala to be unelectable.

So why bother debating a defenseless opponent? Sensible voters don't need to be more convinced. It's the nonsensical and irrational voters that vote D, and the media has them by their public parts.

I don’t agree with that. Trump has one term and who his vp is of importance. Kamala is gonna pick a vp who will help her in the rust or sun belt. There was a time vps were figureheads but right now in this election vp could mean 20000 or more votes in swing states. Any of those states whoever Kamala picks as vp the state will follow because the margins are so thin.
Kamala has zero chance in the sun belt. she has to sweep MI and PA. That is her only path. No other state but those 4 are going to flip. She'd better hit Nebraska's 2nd district though. If she loses that, it doesn't even matter if she SWEEPS the rust belt, she'll lose, 269 to 269

• Wow
Reactions: blubo and Girthang
I can buy that and it goes to part of my complaint about him. He really adds nothing. Any voter that likes him already loves trump. He is more divisive than trump so he wont win any undecided voters. Plus OH is solidly already for Trump.

The only add he might have is debating the dem vp but that was more clear when it was kamala. Even if he remains an add here, these things dont move the needle.

I get why he was chosen, because he was exactly what trump wanted, but he was a poor choice.

I agree that he doesnt add much, but I also doubt he stays on the ticket. Jmo. I don't like the choice, just like I didn't like Trumps AG selections. We may be better off in another 4 yrs of Trump, but worse off long term in general if we don't clean up the party and the govt.

That said I'd take another 3 yr reprieve

Reactions: HymanKaplan
Kamala has zero chance in the sun belt. she has to sweep MI and PA. That is her only path. No other state but those 4 are going to flip. She'd better hit Nebraska's 2nd district though. If she loses that, it doesn't even matter if she SWEEPS the rust belt, she'll lose, 269 to 269

Is it really that simple? Even with the voter fraud?

JD “States Rights” Vance wants the federal government to track women who leave states for an abortion.

How did he do this and also dodge the glass from the teleprompter while colluding with Russia and peeing on a hooker while also shouting this is MAGA country and drinking bleach?

Have to disagree a little here. I agree that a true libertarian wouldn't. Which is what I see myself as. But when I looked into joining the libertarian party I found out that that party is almost as nutty as the libs and some of them absolutely would vote Democrat. Some of them have TDS as bad as the left looneys do.

Sadly it's true. Especially some of the ladies I've spoken to that THINK they're libertarians and have no idea

Is it really that simple? Even with the voter fraud?

Pretty much. If Trump holds the Sun belt (and even the polls that have come out since Biden resigned, shows that Trump has held or expanded his lead in NC, GA, AZ, and NV

If he wins either PA or MI, he's in. If he wins Nebraska's 2nd then he's at 269, even if he loses ALL of the rust belt. 269 gets him the POTUS

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Can you not read?

Did I say anything about being on the ticket?

After Agnew was forced out, Dems said that Ford is the only that they would confirm. So a guy who was never voted for gets put as VP and then president.

"After Vice President Spiro Agnew resigned in 1973, President Richard Nixon needed to appoint a new vice president. Nixon considered several candidates, including John Connally, Nelson Rockefeller, and Ronald Reagan, but faced significant opposition from congressional Democrats. Ultimately, the Democrats indicated that they would only confirm Gerald Ford for the position. Ford, a long-serving Congressman and House Minority Leader, was seen as a more acceptable and uncontroversial choice compared to the other candidates."
I stand corrected. You didn't say he was on the ticket.

Some people are still under the illusion that RINO republicans actually give a damn about this country. They are in bed with the Dems and only loyalty is to power. I'll take Vance any day of the week over a corporate owned politician. Thankful Trump got him as his VP.
If Trump loses, a purity test like this will be the reason. And not cheating.

I know this. The facebook hens, who had been absolutely silent for months, are out in full force now. Kamala has single, middle-aged, unhappy white women, and chip on their shoulder black women absolutely on fire. My facebook feed is choked with stuff like this.

trash.jpg

and quotes like:

We can DO this sisters, get out there and VOTE to save our country!

or

Attention! If you will turn 18 before election day, GO REGISTER and VOTE! This is where we take back(?) our country!!!! (THAT gem, is compliments of my older sister, who, at 65 is so dysfunctional, that I have to manage her finances, and everything that is wrong in her life is someone's else's fault. She literally thinks like a 7 year old child.)

(I guess they don't realize that Trump has made huge strides in the 18 to 29 demographic)

Last edited:
Reactions: HeismaNole
Look at how much the show has shifted over the years. Used to be a liberal hub with one lone, token moderate conservative on the panel to be the punching bag. Now it's literally completely flipped, with all solid conservatives and one lone, former Republican who switched because she was turned off by Donald Trump representing the entire left. Ana Navarro being the voice to defend progressives is beyond laughable. 90s Maher vs current Maher is such an interesting case study of descent.
No it' hasn't. ..you guys have just shifted the Overton window so much anything normal is positioned as "right wing"

Reactions: HymanKaplan
The idea that Trump was hit with anything other than a bullet is nonsense. Shrapnel from what? No evidence offered. He was hit from the direction of the shooter.

What's required to get a corporate media byline at this point? Psych meds and a heavy donation to the DNC?
Based on the 3 or 4 Newsweek tweets that have been on here the last few days....Newsweek has really gone into the sh**ter.
Sad...many years ago it was a very good magazine. My Dad was an exec with Reader's Digest and could get all the free mag subscriptions he wanted. I got Newsweek (and a bunch of others) all thru college.

I'd take Palin over anyone in your entire party. I would take millions of people over anyone involved with the democrat party and at least 90-95% of the current Republicans at the Federal level.
That is the sad situation this country is in.
Swell. I read log ago about Karl Rove's 3 rules of politics:

1) Attack your opponent's strength from your weakness. (Think the Swiftboating of John Kerry)
2) Accuse your opponent of doing what you're doing.
3) Be worse than anyone can imagine.

When did Republicans embrace totalitarianism? (Or do you reject the SCOTUS immunity decision?)

Last edited:
Sadly it's true. Especially some of the ladies I've spoken to that THINK they're libertarians and have no idea
Libertarian has been co-opted by liberals. Because, back in the day, hippies used to be AGAINST the government, but then that movement flipped to fascism, but libertarian sounds better than fascism. And they probably think they mean the same thing, because, well, they both start with LIBER....

Vance>>>>>>Pence.

Vps today are basically chosen because they can help with a swing state or a demographic.

Ppl bitch about the being too old to run, or too establishment. At the very least Vance is neither and he may help in the targeted states. He's a vet. He himself checks a lot of boxes. No one is voting for his policies.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT