POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Your question is stupid. First, the president doesn’t order FBI agents.

Second, if the President’s discussions with his vice president aren’t conclusively official acts (when the vp is acting as president of the senate) how do you definitively conclude the president directly ordering fbi agents to raid a house, presumably without a warrant, would be an official act?

If Trump had actually done the things as president that the crazed left claimed he would (prosecute Hillary, start wars, etc.), Sotomayor and the left would be outraged and decisions like the current one would be different. Their fears are always contextual to Trump. They don’t care about the hypocrisy of it all.

Just like when they changed the rules in the senate and then cried about it when the GOP used their new rules against them.

Codified refers to statutes. This is case law. Case law mind you that existed for probably 100 years. So yes it will apply to all future presidents, even without this decision because this elementary statement of law is far from anything new.

It isnt blanket immunity. Its limited to official acts, as it always was. So the real question as i said in another post, is how to define an official act.

On that note this situation is much different being there was never before lawfare and banana Republic attempts to jail all opposition, so I dont think the question of official act was ever litigated and defined. Maybe they did so in this opinion for guidance/guardrails for undoubtedly a rogue judge. So this very case will probably be back because the lawfare wont stop, the undoubtedly rogue judge will try to find no official act, and scotus will have to once again get involved.

The irony is I'm pretty sure the last time this issue even came up was with Clinton. Bill to be exact. Clarification needed because theyre both criminals but only he won the office. Although i cant remember if it was whitewater, perjury, or one of the other various litany of criminal acts.

Plus the remedy of the ballot box, which iirc was the ultimate remedy in mind when discussing the very few times this was ever litigated.

Of course they could never envision the level of fraud that goes on today.

Your first sentence is an attempt to mire this conversation into linguistics. We don't need to argue about interpretation vs codification.

Secondly, quite clearly, it's not blanket immunity, hence the focus on the term "official". The arguments from dissenting judges aren't that the President has a blank check, but that the probability of abuse and excuse is now increased with this ruling -- which is probably accurate. It removes yet another check and balance in a system predicated on checks and balances.

Thirdly, I'm not sure you know what a Banana Republic is and I find it somewhat ironic you'd bring up Bill Clinton in the same post given that Republicans attempted to remove him from power for lying about blowjob. White Water took place in Arkansas prior to Presidential office and is not relevant to this conversation. Again, I assume you bring this up to bog down the conversation into rhetorical back and forth. But, as always, all politicians who break the law should be found liable (Clinton included).

Last edited:
Why not though? SCOTUS just ruled official duties have absolute immunity.

Exactly, this type of conduct is now officially covered. So why would domestic operations not be?
Let's ask this: if Biden literally bombed a deep red district ... would you and the other lefties cheer or be fumed with outrage? Would there be political consequence? What if Trump bombed New York or San Fran?

If a president surrounded, say a compound, with 50-100 people inside and killed them all in order to save them. Would you cheer that?

Here's the full Jill Kelly quote:

Chief Justice to Kagan, KBJ, and Sotomayor:"Despite the unprecedented nature of this case, the significant constitutional questions that it raises, its expedited treatment in the lower courts and in this Court, the lack of factual analysis in the lower courts, and the lack of briefing on how to categorize the conduct alleged, the principal dissent would go ahead and declare all of it unofficial. The other dissent, meanwhile, analyzes the case under comprehensive models and paradigms of its own concoction and accuses the Court of providing 'no meaningful guidance about how to apply [the] new paradigm or how to categorize a President’s conduct.' It would have us exhaustively define every application of Presidential immunity. Our dissenting colleagues exude an impressive infallibility. While their confidence may be inspiring, the Court adheres to time-tested practices instead—deciding what is required to dispose of this case and remanding after 'revers[ing] on a threshold question.'"

This is EXACTLY what the resident fellow travelers like Dion are arguing. They took their cues from the dissenting ideologues on the court.

Your first sentence is an attempt to mire this conversation into linguistics. We don't need to argue about interpretation vs codification.

Secondly, quite clearly, it's not blanket immunity, hence the focus on the term "official". The arguments from dissenting judges aren't that the President has a blank check, but that the probability of abuse and excuse is now increased with this ruling -- which is probably accurate. It removes yet another check and balance in a system predicated on checks and balances.

Thirdly, I'm not sure you know what a Banana Republic is and I find it somewhat ironic you'd bring up Bill Clinton in the same post given that Republicans attempted to remove him from power for lying about blowjob. White Water took place in Arkansas prior to Presidential office and is not relevant to this conversation. Again, I assume you bring this up to bog down the conversation into rhetorical back and forth. But, as always, all politicians who break the law should be found liable (Clinton included).

In lay terms codified means reduced to writing. However in the legal space, codified does not include case law. So it was just a dead giveaway, out of the gate, you were just repeating what youre reading on a litany of insane lefty sources rather than anywhere that might just objectively explain the situation.

Yes thats exactly what i pointed out, but you previously missed. Pretending you knew it all along doesn't count. If you knew it, youd know this rule was in place a long time.

Clinton is extremely relevant because Clinton v jones was the last time im aware scotus took up the issue of presidential immunity.

Guess the insane lefty sources left out all that actual information. You're welcome for a real education.

It’s really amazing how far we’ve deteriorated into the realm of insanity as a country where a large portion of the democrat party thinks a president murdering his political opponents would be within his official acts as president so he could escape criminal liability.

Just because Biden’s DOJ has shit all over the rule of law attacking political opponents doesn’t mean he could just murder people and call it an official act.

The fact the thought enters your mind, that the man in the office leading our country and your party’s nominee for president may murder his opponents, says a hell of a lot more about you than it does anything else.

Asheville is literally the perfect example of how everything woke turns to sh1t. Beautiful, small, slow paced, Appalachian town full of great food, beer, and culture. All those years practically free of homeless and crime. Just good times and good living.

Then it gets inundated with libs from nyc, Chicago, and California. First with their money, which drove property prices through the roof and caused locals to go poor just paying property taxes, then with the people.

Those transplants and their money brought their same stupid ideas that ruined the places they left. Thats why they had insane covid tyranny, to the point they had mask mandates for almost a year after everyone else; defund the police; the stupid autonomous zone; skyrocketing home and crime; and now insanity like this at every turn. This is exactly why you see so many Asheville institutions starting to branch into relatively nearby Greenville. They see the writing on the wall.

Wokeness is a parasite mind virus that destroys everything if it isnt kept in touch.

I know how Biden’s this stupid…he has a rotten peach for a brain….. but how the hell are so many other pundits/celebrities/people so f*cking dumb that they take the SC saying Presidents can’t be charged for doing things in their job as President to “Trump can kill everyone he doesn’t like with a giant bleach cannon and he can’t face punishment!!!”?

I said this yesterday, but there needs to be serious studies on what happened to these folks’ brains. They are completely, utterly, irreparably broken.

ZseUBHZLRkiHHExxDzSwbA.png

Another telling sign of how ignorant the left is…

They’re up in arms parroting Reddit legal analysis of Trump v US as if it’s somehow earth shattering, and we’ve heard barely a peep from them with Chevron being tossed.

Make no mistake, lefties, Loper Bright Enterprises v Raimindo is far more impactful to your attempts to remake this country than the Court explaining a POTUS does in fact have immunity from prosecution for his official acts.

In lay terms codified means reduced to writing. However in the legal space, codified does not include case law. So it was just a dead giveaway, out of the gate, you were just repeating what youre reading on a litany of insane lefty sources rather than anywhere that might just objectively explain the situation.

Yes thats exactly what i pointed out, but you previously missed. Pretending you knew it all along doesn't count. If you knew it, youd know this rule was in place a long time.

Clinton is extremely relevant because Clinton v jones was the last time im aware scotus took up the issue of presidential immunity.

Guess the insane lefty sources left out all that actual information. You're welcome for a real education.

Circles, as usual. You mentioned White Water (which occurred when Bill Clinton was governor -- not President), now you're referring to Clinton v. Jones, a case where SCOTUS ruled that the President does not have immunity in civil disputes.

What is it that you're actually trying to argue or are you just trying to be "cute" again?

Reactions: Stan the caddy
Circles, as usual. You mentioned White Water (which occurred when Bill Clinton was governor -- not President), now you're referring to Clinton v. Jones, a case where SCOTUS ruled that the President does not have immunity in civil disputes.

What is it that you're actually trying to argue or are you just trying to be "cute" again?

Lol

I know how Biden’s this stupid…he has a rotten peach for a brain….. but how the hell are so many other pundits/celebrities/people so f*cking dumb that they take the SC saying Presidents can’t be charged for doing things in their job as President to “Trump can kill everyone he doesn’t like with a giant bleach cannon and he can’t face punishment!!!”?

I said this yesterday, but there needs to be serious studies on what happened to these folks’ brains. They are completely, utterly, irreparably broken.
They aren't necessarily ignorant. The problem with the left is that they make decisions based on emotion rather than logic, and they lack self awareness. Most are narcissists as well.

Asheville is literally the perfect example of how everything woke turns to sh1t. Beautiful, small, slow paced, Appalachian town full of great food, beer, and culture. All those years practically free of homeless and crime. Just good times and good living.

Then it gets inundated with libs from nyc, Chicago, and California. First with their money, which drove property prices through the roof and caused locals to go poor just paying property taxes, then with the people.

Those transplants and their money brought their same stupid ideas that ruined the places they left. Thats why they had insane covid tyranny, to the point they had mask mandates for almost a year after everyone else; defund the police; the stupid autonomous zone; skyrocketing home and crime; and now insanity like this at every turn. This is exactly why you see so many Asheville institutions starting to branch into relatively nearby Greenville. They see the writing on the wall.

Wokeness is a parasite mind virus that destroys everything if it isnt kept in touch.
I don’t like violence. I don’t even like watching people fight. But situations like this are when I wish a bunch of America-loving Patriots would beat the living hell out of these masked thugs. It’s easy to be brave when you aren’t showing your face and are in a group. Bullies are bullies until people fight back. Then they turn into the slimy cowards they truly are.

Last edited:
Because murder isnt an official duty. Its beyond the scope of the office. I know the left want to sensationalize everything, but this is consist case law thats been around forever. It has nothing to do with trump other than he was the one at issue this time.
? What about Obama drone striking a US citizen? Official act or murder?

Let's ask this: if Biden literally bombed a deep red district ... would you and the other lefties cheer or be fumed with outrage? Would there be political consequence? What if Trump bombed New York or San Fran?

If a president surrounded, say a compound, with 50-100 people inside and killed them all in order to save them. Would you cheer that?
Great question. If the president ordered the ATF into Waco it’s unquestionably an official act, right? So you think he should have total immunity for burning all those children?

Reactions: Stan the caddy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT