POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Depends on how rapidly they are moving towards that end. You see it all the time.
Businesses open too many stores too rapidly only to get into financial trouble because the costs quickly begin to overtake the profits if not done correctly.
Don't. You just don't know WTF you are talking about. You just look silly.

I'd love for you to name a business that opens too many stores too rapidly. How about an example.

We all know these debates will be carefully crafted to protect Biden and demonize Trump as much as possible. Trump is a deal maker. Why is he bending so easily on Biden's demands and not make him go on Fox once to get the other controlled debates?
Ego. He knows he's the best. He just asks and then tells himself.

And if he somehow comes off poorly against a demented person because of the questioner or other Dim tactics, it's on Trump.

Reactions: sambowieshin
Trump is salivating at the chance to debate Biden. The idea that he would refuse, or reject these conditions, is absurd. There is a real question whether Biden can hold it together for the length of a debate.

No studio audience? Who cares,

No interrupting? He can live with that because it goes both ways.

Major network? That's okay too because Trump will always be able to play the victim card and say he's being mistreated by the MSM.

Reactions: hmt5000
Depends on how rapidly they are moving towards that end. You see it all the time.
Businesses open too many stores too rapidly only to get into financial trouble because the costs quickly begin to overtake the profits if not done correctly.

I find it amusing that you’re giving a perfect example why the lefty position that companies should pay taxes based on book income is completely nonsensical, and you don’t even realize it.

"We own" but through a separate LLC. We are in the construction business. Bonding companies look at our financials. The BS is clean because we rent. The mortgage and building is a liability on the LLC's financials. Essentially "we" rent from ourselves and pass through to the property LLC. "I" own both but they are different. Tax reasons and creditors are in a different position with the primary business.
What a sad state we find our country in when this type of bull hockey is considered normal.

Trump is salivating at the chance to debate Biden. The idea that he would refuse, or reject these conditions, is absurd. There is a real question whether Biden can hold it together for the length of a debate.

No studio audience? Who cares,

No interrupting? He can live with that because it goes both ways.

Major network? That's okay too because Trump will always be able to play the victim card and say he's being mistreated by the MSM.
They’ll pump him full of whatever they gave him for the State of the Union and he’ll stumble through. One byproduct of this dementia narrative is that the bar has been dropped to the floor, if Joe strings three sentences together coherently everyone’s amazed.

What a sad state we find our country in when this type of bull hockey is considered normal.
D-Sus. The tax code and banking regulations push us into these things. Plus in our case it allows acquisition of a building or construction of one...by creating new partnerships with key employees, investors, etc... Its a very good thing. PLUS you do not want to tie up your cash on your operating company because of real estate needs. I am in the construction business. The balance sheet for the "construction" side will reduce bonding capacity if there is too much long term debt....from the 15yr amortization of a construction loan on a building that requires 38 years to fully depreciate for tax purposes. It very complex and why I have very good accountants and attorneys.

At the end of the day....you do not want your business to fail....but if it does you do not want to lose the building to creditors. You can at least rent it out to another business. Its not "bull hockey" at all. Its protecting your assets.

Don't. You just don't know WTF you are talking about. You just look silly.

I'd love for you to name a business that opens too many stores too rapidly. How about an example.
How bout multiple examples?
Are you seriously trying to look stupid or completely ill informed today on purpose?
You are definitely off your game bad today Lecter.

"Take, for example Payless Shoe Source, which recently filed for bankruptcy and plans to close 400 stores. In 2014 and 2015 Payless experienced a sharp drop in per-store productivity, yet continued to open new stores, according to an analysis by the financial intelligence firm PrivCo.
The U.S. market is oversaturated with retail space and far too much of that space is occupied by stores selling apparel.
The story is much the same at many other retailers—such as David’s Bridal, Bass Pro Shops, Nieman Marcus, and Forever 21, to name a few—who kept opening new stores even as sales in existing stores declined, according to PrivCo."

D-Sus. The tax code and banking regulations push us into these things. Plus in our case it allows acquisition of a building or construction of one...by creating new partnerships with key employees, investors, etc... Its a very good thing. PLUS you do not want to tie up your cash on your operating company because of real estate needs. I am in the construction business. The balance sheet for the "construction" side will reduce bonding capacity if there is too much long term debt....from the 15yr amortization of a construction loan on a building that requires 38 years to fully depreciate for tax purposes. It very complex and why I have very good accountants and attorneys.
Yeah, you pay "very good accountants and attorneys" to cheat on your taxes. We heard you the first time. It's bullshit and you should be in jail, not making money. You are a criminal. Far more than anyone walking across the border.

We all know these debates will be carefully crafted to protect Biden and demonize Trump as much as possible. Trump is a deal maker. Why is he bending so easily on Biden's demands and not make him go on Fox once to get the other controlled debates?

It's frustrating. Just sets it up to be a complete shtshow with mumbling Boy Joe being led through a cake walk.

Again, you missed the entire conversation prior to putting in your 2 cents. My point initially was that it was VERY expensive to open a new grocery store because of the extremely high cost of purchasing property, acquiring permits, hookups for water/gas/sewer, construction, and labor costs to build a new facility.
Lecter you said.... NAH....that is no problem because they all just rent. I called BS on that but now you have hitched onto that BS and are riding it like a fly on sh** too.
Try reading for a change. I know info is tough to decifer for you all unless it comes in a meme or Twatter format.

"A zoning plan shows Publix will be built on an UNDEVELOPED plot of land at the southwest corner of Triple Crown Boulevard and Richwood Road."

Publix Buys LAND in Louisville, Plans to Develop Market’s Third Grocery Store

"An affiliate of the Florida-based Publix Super Markets chain bought about 9 acres of VACANT LAND on and near Brambleton Avenue Nov. 29 and confirmed Wednesday it will build a store there."

Publix Supermarkets Inc. has purchased a VACANT industrial land on Jacksonville’s Westside

VACANT land in northeastern Doral sold to Publix Super Markets last week for $4.77 million.
Heh, my brother's wife also works for Publix corporate. She recently visited Louisville for new store opening.

no shit sherlock. Declassifying intelligence photos of a country we are trying to avoid war with for a good twitter troll sounds like great use of his power. And taking a iphone picture of raw intelligence instead of letting NSA give you a low res pic to use is just extra brilliant. Countries literally murder people to get their hands on this level of US intel and TRump tweets it to them. You are free to admit when Trump does something epicly stupid, you don't always have to gargle his Stormy Daniels infested nuts.
** From the "Don't Let the Door Hit you in the Ass on the way Out" Department **

He's trying to be put there and you're calling it lawfare. Think about it this way, Einstein, Trump is arguing right now before the Supreme Court of the United States of America that as president he can commit any crime he wants and is immune from prosecution. Forever. An untouchable king above the law. Setting aside whatever the individual circumstances are right now, removing Trump entirely, what if SCOTUS says yes? Joe Biden can immediately declare martial law, suspend the Constitution, and end our constitutional republic that you claim to love so much that day. SCOTUS almost definitely won't rule that way, but TRUMP IS TELLING THEM TO. That is what you're arguing for and supporting you traitor. The end of everything we've accomplished for your orange God-Emperor.

He took his arguments to the SCOTUS!!! What a dictator emperor!!

Meanwhile, liberal state and local governments defy SCOTUS rulings.

How bout multiple examples?
Are you seriously trying to look stupid or completely ill informed today on purpose?
You are definitely off your game bad today Lecter.

"Take, for example Payless Shoe Source, which recently filed for bankruptcy and plans to close 400 stores. In 2014 and 2015 Payless experienced a sharp drop in per-store productivity, yet continued to open new stores, according to an analysis by the financial intelligence firm PrivCo.
The U.S. market is oversaturated with retail space and far too much of that space is occupied by stores selling apparel.
The story is much the same at many other retailers—such as David’s Bridal, Bass Pro Shops, Nieman Marcus, and Forever 21, to name a few—who kept opening new stores even as sales in existing stores declined, according to PrivCo."

Focus dummy. How many of those own their own tenant space? That is the topic we have been discussing. FOCUS. I am fully aware of the Retail desert caused largely by on-line sales. That is why many of those centers that Publix is poaching are at a bargain. Retailers are getting clobbered and allows for "money" to come in and snatch a bargain. You simply proved my point in the process....Another reason for retailers not investing in bricks 'n mortar. They LEASE. Good lord. There is nothing about them that helps your "argument" if you can call it that.

You are not even qualified to be in the game. Focus your argument and stop moving all over the place because you don't even understand the point you think you are making.

You are too dumb to continue this conversation. Until you can explain why they did not do this from when they began in 1930 until now you are not worth talking to. You are ignorant of accounting. You have now idea HOW they structure their company.

FACTS for nearly 100 years they did not own their buildings and just in the past decade have changed that. They obviously have the scale and the cash to do so.

Stay in your lane. I'll come to you for advice on change a 6th graders diaper.
Don't forget also for grooming those 6th graders.

Heh, my brother's wife also works for Publix corporate. She recently visited Louisville for new store opening.
The new store in my neck of the woods is killing it. Its more expensive than Kroger but the ESOP creates an environment where the employees actually care, can I help you with your bag. The PubSubs are great. We've loved them in FL for years and were so happy when they came here...we actually did some work for the new one here.

Yeah, you pay "very good accountants and attorneys" to cheat on your taxes. We heard you the first time. It's bullshit and you should be in jail, not making money. You are a criminal. Far more than anyone walking across the border.

Bless your heart. Very good accountants and attorneys do one thing. They make sure you use the tax code as written. You are an idiot if you pay too much... and beyond that, where did I say anything about paying less tax? Are you ignorant as to depreciation and how the tax code handles that? I am also certain that I pay more in taxes each year than you and Sambo make, combined. You are welcome.

The new store in my neck of the woods is killing it. Its more expensive than Kroger but the ESOP creates an environment where the employees actually care, can I help you with your bag. The PubSubs are great. We've loved them in FL for years and were so happy when they came here...we actually did some work for the new one here.
Yes, indeed. To give you an idea how much employees care, I took my brother over to local HEB for a visit. While he was amazed at shelf space -- everything is bigger in Texas x2 -- he literally lost his mind at scuff marks on the floors in produce department. He also criticized lack of freshness in prepared foods. Huge differences.

Yes, indeed. To give you an idea how much employees care, I took my brother over to local HEB for a visit. While he was amazed at shelf space -- everything is bigger in Texas x2 -- he literally lost his mind at scuff marks on the floors in produce department. He also criticized lack of freshness in prepared foods. Huge differences.
Its funny how Kroger (previous king) has been forced to change...for the better. They have a price advantage over Publix but the whole experience is better. Now, union Kroger, is having to up their game because of ESOP Publix. Fun to watch.

HEB must be a TX thing.

It’s frustrating when you see the total financial illiteracy displayed by Dion and sambowieshin, then realize their votes impact tax and economic policy the same as yours.

Focus dummy. How many of those own their own tenant space? That is the topic we have been discussing. FOCUS. I am fully aware of the Retail desert caused largely by on-line sales. That is why many of those centers that Publix is poaching are at a bargain. Retailers are getting clobbered and allows for "money" to come in and snatch a bargain. You simply proved my point in the process....Another reason for retailers not investing in bricks 'n mortar. They LEASE. Good lord. There is nothing about them that helps your "argument" if you can call it that.

You are not even qualified to be in the game. Focus your argument and stop moving all over the place because you don't even understand the point you think you are making.
Seek professional help. Schizophrenia can be medicated.

• Haha
Reactions: DrH. Lecter
Wow. That post is imbecilic even for you.

I guess they both think that if the tax code allowed a business (Pub) to deduct 100% of its construction cost in year one that Pub would lose money....which would make them happy because they hate business. But they don't think through the part that NO income yields NO tax.

Pub nets $10,000,000 in year 1 before then deducting its $10mil building cost. Net = Zero profit and Zero Tax paid. Pub would love that because they would save about $5,000,000 in taxes.

In the real world if they own the building they can only deduct 1/39th of that building cost, or about $250K.

So...Pub nets $9,750,000 taxable income for IRS purposes.

That should make those two idiots happy. That is the grade school version of the tax code for those two idiots.

Good grief Brandon... 5 clip edits in a total of 14 seconds of video for you to issue your teleprompter guided, middle schoolish debate challenge to Trump?!? Just pathetic. Who in the White House staff thought it was a good idea to make this video, much less release it after it got all spliced together?

This reeks of some desperation setting in at the White House as they watch the swing state polls continue to slide in the wrong direction for the D team. I can't imagine they really WANT to put Biden in these debates. But they probably figure they have no choice at this point, so their plan is to dictate all of the ground rules to try to be as favorable as possible for Biden.

Last edited:
I guess they both think that if the tax code allowed a business (Pub) to deduct 100% of its construction cost in year one that Pub would lose money....which would make them happy because they hate business. But they don't think through the part that NO income yields NO tax.

Pub nets $10,000,000 in year 1 before then deducting its $10mil building cost. Net = Zero profit and Zero Tax paid. Pub would love that because they would save about $5,000,000 in taxes.

In the real world if they own the building they can only deduct 1/39th of that building cost, or about $250K.

So...Pub nets $9,750,000 taxable income for IRS purposes.

That should make those two idiots happy. That is the grade school version of the tax code for those two idiots.
I suggest we open a bar together and drink away the profits no matter which of the two dumbasses running for President wins out.

Its funny how Kroger (previous king) has been forced to change...for the better. They have a price advantage over Publix but the whole experience is better. Now, union Kroger, is having to up their game because of ESOP Publix. Fun to watch.

HEB must be a TX thing.
Yes, HEB from around Waco down to Mexico. Killer pricing. Love HEB. Beginning to like Aldi more and more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT