POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd have to see the text itself in full context. I have a hard time believing she killed a puppy because it annoyed her. There are merciful reasons country folk kill pets that have nothing to do with hate.

And no, not everywhere had vets especially back then especially in a rural area. So just putting them to sleep was not an option. If you don't do it, the mother will. Pretty eye opening to see a mother eat a runt or sick pup to ensure the litter has maximum chance to make it.

My guess is that's what is in the book and the usual suspects are intentionally twisting it.
Read it for yourself, it wasn't sick or any of the other nonsense you're needlessly speculating about.

The Bee seriously can't compete with headlines like these...

GMP0Fr2W0AAAmWq

This is fully warranted. She wrote about killing a misbehaving dog in her book, then doubled down on X.

At least she didn’t eat it like Obama though.

So for once the media matters cabal was not twisting and spinning nonsense? Was it misbehaving in an aggressive way? I'm trying to make sense of a presumably savvy politician writing such a thing in a book.

Why? Flying a flag is to represent something right? Otherwise you’d just be waving a blank cloth. So it’s about what you’re announcing to the world. A trans flag means you have pride in and support the trans community. A Ukrainian/Palestinian flag that you support those struggles. So what does the Confederate flag represent? Those exact same things. Having pride in and supporting the Confederate cause. Slavery. It was not a flag widely flown across the South representing southern culture. It was a battle flag of the Civil War fighting for the institution of slavery. You choose not only to support that privately but also announce it to the world. So you bring on yourself the reactions people have to an open slavery advocate.
GMSUH-NagAAZhde

This was not a good look…

I get that it isn't a good look without context, but in that time and especially that area, it's a regrettable but legit action to take. There was no retraining etc back then especially in rural areas. Plus iirc there in these cattle states, you owe a legal duty to other animal owners to take such action. Sad but life in the country is unforgiving at times.

Even growing up in rural Kentucky, putting down a dog by shooting it was common place. Sick and yes overly aggressive. Was a very painful experience for owners and oddly a rite of passage for young boys turning into hardened men. Life in the country in those times was unforgiving to all, sad as it was.

I can certainly see how through today's lense, where people see pets as their kids, this is appalling and evil. Reality is it was an unfortunate necessity especially in a time and place where animals were utilitarian instead of pets

She should've been savvy enough to omit this story. Country folk know what she's talking about, but that's a small percentage of people, all of which were voting gop no matter what. I

Reactions: dukesince91
I'd hope they'd be full bore on anyone who shot their dog.

Yet you're fine with someone killing their human baby. Strange take. If your dog bites someone, or is uncontrollable, you put it down. You don't adopt it out to family with young children, as an example, to be rid of it.

What do you think happens when you take an old or sick dog to be put down by the vet? Why not just save the lethal injection costs based on your dog's weight, and have the wherewithal to do the deed yourself.

Like Ned stark said, the man that issues the sentence should be the one to swing the sword.

Why? Flying a flag is to represent something right? Otherwise you’d just be waving a blank cloth. So it’s about what you’re announcing to the world. A trans flag means you have pride in and support the trans community. A Ukrainian/Palestinian flag that you support those struggles. So what does the Confederate flag represent? Those exact same things. Having pride in and supporting the Confederate cause. Slavery. It was not a flag widely flown across the South representing southern culture. It was a battle flag of the Civil War fighting for the institution of slavery. You choose not only to support that privately but also announce it to the world. So you bring on yourself the reactions people have to an open slavery advocate.

One of my Doberman died of bloat.

She was in the house with labored breathing and died peacefully.

However, the vet said we would not make it in time to help and would probably cause immense pain to move her and drive 35 miles.

I was prepared to take her to the back yard and quickly shoot her is she started showing signs of agony.

Sometimes you do what you have to do.

If you grew up in the country which I’m assuming a lot around here did, you either had a grandfather or father that did this regularly when need be.

Blo
One of my Doberman died of bloat.

She was in the house with labored breathing and died peacefully.

However, the vet said we would not make it in time to help and would probably cause immense pain to move her and drive 35 miles.

I was prepared to take her to the back yard and quickly shoot her is she started showing signs of agony.

Sometimes you do what you have to do.

Bloat is a horrible thing to happen to dogs. Large big chested dogs are in most danger of bloat. A leading cause is where their stomach flips and gets twisted on both ends. When I had my german shepherd spayed I had the vet to tack their stomach, it keeps their stomach from flipping.

Blo

Bloat is a horrible thing to happen to dogs. Large big chested dogs are in most danger of bloat. A leading cause is where their stomach flips and gets twisted on both ends. When I had my german shepherd spayed I had the vet to tack their stomach, it keeps their stomach from flipping.
I did know about the tacking or I would have asked about that when we had her spayed.

“According to a new FEC Reports, House Speaker Mike Johnson allegedly received $524,000 from AIPIC.”

“And a $95,000 payment from a foreign lobby group shortly after the passing of the $14.5 billion military aid package.”

This doesn’t look good at all. Wait until after the Nov election and replace him. He’s a clone of Paul Ryan in terms of (non) leadership style.
Obviously compromised.

It needed training. It's not like it was rabid. And really, if this is the version she herself put in print, what's the actual truth? It's not like she made herself look worse than reality.

And if you're training an animal, and it doesn't take, no matter what you do, what's the next option?

If it stays vicious? Attacking animals and perhaps next humans?

Is your entirety of knowledge of the animal kingdom from Disney movies, Bambi, Lion King, and the like?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT