POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Was waiting for somebody else to chime in first. Yeah, she's a thick gal, but Man, there's a helluva lot worse out there.
Absolutely. What are the percentages of terribly obese women these days? Has to be up there.

You mention many times about the 80s when things were much better in your youth. I can remember the 50s and early 60s when they were even better (imo). Couple of things I remember that is a stark difference from today (just a couple...there are hundreds or thousands). Women did not work. Or very few. Stayed home and took care of the house and kids. Two...everybody in the neighborhood went to church every Sunday. Three...didn't know anyone (maybe one) who were divorced. And four, back to the theme of yours and my posts, women (and men) were not obese. I don't remember anyone who was.

Better times. And you're right...the 80s were much better than today.

How about your leftist teachers, union or otherwise, who now believe and teach that a man can have a baby. Why should we believe any large group of politically active and motivated groups like the WHO that you seem to hold up as honest brokers of info.
You are absolutely clueless. There is no such thing as “leftist teachers” as a collective. 99.9% of teachers grew up and still live in either the exact same community (or type of community) that they’re employed in. Their values and political beliefs are largely the same as those communities. Republicans problem is they don’t like an educated electorate which is the demographic that teachers are. Republican anti public education policies and culture wars against educators have driven many conservative educators away. They’re educated, pay attention to the lack of respect from the right, and have been pushed to vote against their raised values because of it. Teachers don’t want to be involved in politics, but unfortunately both sides have made their jobs political.

And as far as the “teacher’s union”, there is no meaningful “teacher’s union” in Kentucky. Unions have the ability to bargain for salaries, benefits, and working conditions. Kentucky statute forbids public employee bargaining unless it is granted by the employer. Of the 171 school districts in Kentucky, less than 10% negotiate contracts with their local teachers association. And, on top of that, the state teachers association only represents and has membership of between 50%-60% of actively employed teachers in the state. So, any talk of a “powerful” teacher’s union is nothing more than uninformed, culture warring silly talk.

You are absolutely clueless. There is no such thing as “leftist teachers” as a collective. 99.9% of teachers grew up and still live in either the exact same community (or type of community) that they’re employed in. Their values and political beliefs are largely the same as those communities. Republicans problem is they don’t like an educated electorate which is the demographic that teachers are. Republican anti public education policies and culture wars against educators have driven many conservative educators away. They’re educated, pay attention to the lack of respect from the right, and have been pushed to vote against their raised values because of it. Teachers don’t want to be involved in politics, but unfortunately both sides have made their jobs political.

And as far as the “teacher’s union”, there is no meaningful “teacher’s union” in Kentucky. Unions have the ability to bargain for salaries, benefits, and working conditions. Kentucky statute forbids public employee bargaining unless it is granted by the employer. Of the 171 school districts in Kentucky, less than 10% negotiate contracts with their local teachers association. And, on top of that, the state teachers association only represents and has membership of between 50%-60% of actively employed teachers in the state. So, any talk of a “powerful” teacher’s union is nothing more than uninformed, culture warring silly talk.
Damn bushy you missed the mark bad

Reactions: AustinTXCat
There are NO exceptions for rape or incest in Ky and some other far right red states.
As long as that is the case I stand by my argument for the government mandating that all males, including 10 year olds, be required by law to provide a kidney to save the life of any kidney transplant recipient in need. It is not that person's fault they have a bad kidney.
All life is precious.
Your body.... The government's choice.

Seems to me you pro lifer DUDES ain't so pro life now when your body is the one needed to save a life. The rape and incest victims don't have a choice.... Why should you?
Buncha Hypocrites
There should be exceptions. Just stop, no one is saying that.

Apple News, LOL. the beacon of fair and balanced journalism. First Politifact, now this. LOL.
It must sting one's backside to have to troll the deepest sewers of Qanon sites and Twitter to find news that actually fits your agenda. No wonder you're so grumpy!

I suppose it has gone unnoticed over at Republican-Qanon headquarters that the biggest whiner and sorest loser in at least the last 50 years- BY FAR- is prancing around the country right now, still crying about being persecuted and winning an election he clearly lost.

But hey, whatever double standard you need to disparage other points of view, right?

In the state of WA, state law allows unfettered abortion rights up until the fetus is viable (24-25 weeks), so, in this case, the murderer can be charged with 2 murders. If the Republicans were smart (and that's a HUGE if), they would take the abortion issue (as a political issue) away from the Dems by supporting a federal guideline that sets lower and higher limits on abortion for any reason. This guideline would need to include mother's health, rape, incest as exceptions. IMO, whether to have an abortion is a personal, moral decision, not a legal one UNTIL the fetus is viable and, therefore, has its own rights. If they would do so, each state could then decide on its own what their state would allow within the federal guidelines. Works for a lot of other issues, why not abortion?

I'm guessing every state either has a statute or law precedent that establishes, in the case of murder like this incident in Seattle, at what point in the pregnancy a fetus is 'viable' and its premature life ending can be prosecuted as a murder. Makes no sense to prosecute the murder of a 24-week fetus by a 3rd party as murder if the mother can end the pregnancy up to 40 weeks without any repercussions and, if I were the defendant's attorney, I'd make that argument. Also doesn't make sense that some states allow unlimited abortions up to 40 weeks but outlaw the death penalty as being 'barbaric'.

Republicans need to address this issue as there are too many voters who vote based on a single issue and abortion is definitely one that many Republicans have gone way too far to the right for many independent, one-issue voter (and some conservatives like myself, although I don't vote based on one issue). Take this issue away from Dems to some extent and more independents might vote Republican.

Reactions: screwduke1
No clue how some of you guys dont have sam on ignore. I put him on ignore a while ago and it's nice not reading his BS.
Good idea! Living in your own little echo chamber, surrounded by those truths that are confirmed only by your gut feelings and random observation might not be good for your mind, but you won't have to to the heavy lifting of developing an informed opinion.

Last edited:
Yes, issel. But instead, he blatantly lied just so people wouldn’t think he’s racist. Unbelievable the mindset of these clowns.
I put Issel over Couch. I might put Corey Peters, Derrick Ramsey, Randall Cobb, Howard Schnellenberger, Josh Allen, Eric Kelly, and Lou Michaels over Couch, if we are just looking to put a football player on the mountain and it’s all men.

I suppose it has gone unnoticed over at Republican-Qanon headquarters that the biggest whiner and sorest loser in at least the last 50 years- BY FAR- is prancing around the country right now, still crying about being persecuted and winning an election he clearly lost.

But hey, whatever double standard you need to disparage other points of view, right?
What the hell are you talking about...are we just pulling random things out of the air? Here's a wealthy woman crying about student loans and you're going on about something completely insane

Have fun at your therapist..

Oh a squirrel

So what do you think we should do about greenhouse gas emissions o wise one?
FymuTWQWIAowxDQ

And you are a liar. One who uses a meaningless and misleading statistic (of the 171 school districts) that equates JCPS and Fayette County public schools...counting them as 2 of 171...as he gives them equal weight with Monkeys Eyebrow Public Schools and Hickory Switch Public Schools.

Of course we dont like an educated electorate.....okay smart guy....what is the least educated groups in KY and the nation as a whole...and for what party do they vote in lockstep?

You are a low post count high bumper sticker poster. This is not the basketball board. Try harder.

Absolutely. What are the percentages of terribly obese women these days? Has to be up there.

You mention many times about the 80s when things were much better in your youth. I can remember the 50s and early 60s when they were even better (imo). Couple of things I remember that is a stark difference from today (just a couple...there are hundreds or thousands). Women did not work. Or very few. Stayed home and took care of the house and kids. Two...everybody in the neighborhood went to church every Sunday. Three...didn't know anyone (maybe one) who were divorced. And four, back to the theme of yours and my posts, women (and men) were not obese. I don't remember anyone who was.

Better times. And you're right...the 80s were much better than today.
Yeah, I loved growing up in the 70's & 80's. I can see where life and family values in the 50's and 60's might seem better to those who grew up then. But then I think of that as also being a time when there was actual systemic racism, segregation laws and real racism, not the perceived and contrived "white fragility", hiking is racist, being on time is racist, BS that's pushed out there today. The 80's were that happy place between all that, enough time had passed from the 50's and 60's that nobody cared about that, everybody got along, there was no political or racial divide. Sure those years weren't without their political strife. The energy crisis, the 15% mortgage interest rates, mostly stuff that was my parents problems to deal with, not mine. The totally manufactured racial and political divide that has manifested itself over the past 10-15 years or so was not accidental or something that's always been around and it's impacting everybody, all ages, young children included. They aren't just our parents problems anymore. Things were going too well on those fronts during the 80's and 90's. The globalists needed to shake things up and now we are where we are.

I would imagine he not only will lengthen them but have guests as well. Probably operating on a shoe string budget right now.
I'm interested to see how he does with this Twitter show long term. His views are crazy big and always will be...but I bet theres still tons at people who work at Twitter who would do anything to toss him off of it if given the chance.

Reactions: OHIO COLONEL
I'm still feeling a 9/11 style of attack (maybe worse) will happen sometime during this regime. No way our enemies see brain dead Biden in the WH and arent drooling all over themselves to hit us hard. Hope I am wrong.

The only reason I think not is they really have no motivation. We gave them tons of equipment. Dems constantly pursue and protect interests of radical islam. Things couldn't go any better for them so they won't shake the applecart with any complex attack imo.

Definitely might get an act from a random cell but it probably won't have much reach. They'll have no money or backing from the movement

I put Issel over Couch. I might put Corey Peters, Derrick Ramsey, Randall Cobb, Howard Schnellenberger, Josh Allen, Eric Kelly, and Lou Michaels over Couch, if we are just looking to put a football player on the mountain and it’s all men.

The crazy part is there is a good argument to put someone like AD on there without making it about race.

Classic example of how everything racism is actually racist. It reduced ADs amazing season to just being a black guy

Reactions: Mash 2.4
The only reason I think not is they really have no motivation. We gave them tons of equipment. Dems constantly pursue and protect interests of radical islam. Things couldn't go any better for them so they won't shake the applecart with any complex attack imo.

Definitely might get an act from a random cell but it probably won't have much reach. They'll have no money or backing from the movement
I disagree on no motivation. Theres already plenty of chaos in the USA...but what better way to cause even more chaos by blowing some buildings up...EMP attack or whatever the attack would be.

Hell they know the media here would try to blame right wing extremism or white supremacy or some BS like that.

Reactions: OHIO COLONEL
I'm still feeling a 9/11 style of attack (maybe worse) will happen sometime during this regime. No way our enemies see brain dead Biden in the WH and arent drooling all over themselves to hit us hard. Hope I am wrong.
So you're predicting terrorist attacks now? What an oddball thing to do - use 9/11 to take a swipe at Biden.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT