POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well...that just isn't true. BO received a majority of votes in a majority (26) of the states.
Anyway, since when do votes in NY, CA, FL, OH, PA, VA... count any less than those in KY, TN, TX, WY, UT...? Yea! Team Red is the king of a lot of states where relatively few people live.

For all intensive purposes, welcome back.

http://www.wave3.com/story/32292189...inst-suspect-accused-of-hitting-killing-girls

Sooo the guy that got drunk and mowed down two little girls in Louisville is....you guessed it, illegal.

Can you imagine your kids being killed by a human being that was not legally supposed to be in this country?

Lefties...all the time...want you to succumb to emotions over law, this is a case and scenario that both the emotion and the law are correct. Should be something we all agree on, common sense if you will. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, jagoffs.

Here we go, Brexit! Here we go!

Seriously, Brexit is awesome. But they really need to have some free trade arrangements in place. Britain certainly can't produce enough goods to supply itself. Get some real, honest to god, no crony BS free trade agreements going and this is a perfect result*

*based on the forces pushing the Brexit forward, I would bank on protectionist policies. Jmo

Transy, Could this be the start of shifting away from globalism?

50%+ 1 is a majority. That's the way it works....not really, POTUS is elected by the Electoral College...there BO's majority was quite a bit bigger.
But true, votes could swing 5 million votes left or right at any time. But as of today and as of last count...those votes were on BO's side.

What is your definition of a majority?

Not 5 million. That electorate count is bullshit. I know that's how it's counted, but that's so skewered.

It was a 5 million count difference. And as Ymmot said, you couldn't say that in 2000.

Wow. What is the ramifications of this?
more barriers to the free movement of goods and people.

also, Scotland will almost surely leave the UK (creating even more barriers)

edit: also some interesting scenarios that include Irish reunification

Can't the Queen just say "F*** you" if she wanted to stay in the EU?

And if she doesn't have that power, what the good is she? A stage prop for the world?

And if she did want to leave and had the power, why didn't she make that decision?

Either way. Eff Monarchies. I had to get pissed at something.

Meaning, that they will take more restrictions to get in their country? Will they build a wall?

Meaning, that they will take more restrictions to get in their country? Will they build a wall?
Now the UK has to negotiate trade deals with every country with whom they want to strike a deal...and anybody who wants to trade with, say, both Germany and the UK has to negotiate two deals instead of one.

It could also cause a domino effect with Spain, et al voting to leave. And the single largest market place on the globe suddenly becomes a maze of varying regulations, currencies, restrictions, etc

Reactions: KingOfBBN
What are some of UK's benefits long term then?

They got a social gov't economic problem coupled with a crazy cost of living.

California should just go ahead and buy them out. Ship those San Fran hipsters to London.

Reactions: drawing_dead
Youve got to look long term Willy, tomorrow the market is going to look bleak.

Long term? That's my wonder. What can they offer? I don't know. Someone educate me on that.

Is the UK bad ass enough on the global scale to be relevant anymore?

Are they the Indiana Hoosiers of the earth?

Reactions: Bill Derington
It's a referendum on global policies. They, like many here are tired of seeing jobs leave.

The only people that they see truly benefitting from it are the wealthy.

It will also alleviate their immigrant issues.

There's a lot of similarities with this vote and the Trumps platform. Not all, but many.

Basically the people voting to leave would be similar to people in the rust belt here.

Reactions: Willy4UK
Long term? That's my wonder. What can they offer? I don't know. Someone educate me on that.

Is the UK bad ass enough on the global scale to be relevant anymore?

Are they the Indiana Hoosiers of the earth?

My take is it could lead to a tidal wave of change everywhere. Having said that, it's going to hurt for awhile, stock market wise.

It's a referendum on global policies. They, like many here are tired of seeing jobs leave.

The only people that they see truly benefitting from it are the wealthy.

It will also alleviate their immigrant issues.

There's a lot of similarities with this vote and the Trumps platform. Not all, but many.

Basically the people voting to leave would be similar to people in the rust belt here.
^^complete nonsense.

Prices of consumer goods will rise. Foreign investment will fall. Their currency will weaken. Job market will be more restrictive.

This is ECON 101 and the very basics of free market capitalism.

^^complete nonsense.

Prices of consumer goods will rise. Foreign investment will fall. Their currency will weaken. Job market will be more restrictive.

This is ECON 101 and the very basics of free market capitalism.

Ok, watch and see.

That's why I wrote long term, and specifically said it will hurt short term.

Your problem is you think everything plays out as in Econ 101. This isn't a classroom, you look at numbers instead of the people actually affected. Well, the people affected are speaking tonight.

Ok, watch and see.

That's why I wrote long term, and specifically said it will hurt short term.

Your problem is you think everything plays out as in Econ 101. This isn't a classroom, you look at numbers instead of the people actually affected. Well, the people affected are speaking tonight.
hocus pocus isn't convincing. sorry?

Tom Rogan on point, per usual:

What would change is the measure of cooperation between the U.K. and U.S. over the challenges posed by China and Russia. The United States is already angered by Prime Minister David Cameron’s decision to join China’s Asia Investment and Infrastructure Bank (AIIB). Designed to support Chinese imperial dominion over the Pacific, the AIIB is anathema to democratic accountability and the rule of law. It weakens U.S. influence in a region that is critical to global trade. And were Britain to leave the EU, it would likely look to China as a mechanism to offset lost or deferred trading relationships with the Continent.
One final point on U.S. foreign policy and Brexit: America’s influence over the EU going forward. For many years now, successive U.S. governments have used their special relationship with the British government to push the EU in a pro-American direction. Whether in strengthening market access and free trade, increased counterterrorism cooperation, imposing sanctions against Russia, or in fighting corruption, Britain affords the United States an invisible but tangible seat at the European decision table. This seat is highly valued by the U.S. government and — after security cooperation provides the U.K’s key diplomatic benefit to America.

But were Brexit to occur, the U.K’s ability to influence France and Germany in alignment with U.S. interests would evaporate. For a specific example as to where that would pose problems, consider the E.U.’s already weak commitment to “snap back” sanctions under the Iran nuclear deal. Influence matters greatly in international relations, and it requires physical presence and a stake in the game. Following Brexit, the U.K. would lose that stake.
Brexit would also bring changes to the U.S.-U.K. trading relationship. In 2015, the U.K. imported more than $56 billion in U.S. goods and exported more than $57 billion in goods to the United States. That represents a major economic partnership. Nevertheless, absent the cross-continental market access that the U.K.’s E.U. membership affords U.S. investors, Brexit might pose serious challenges to U.S.-U.K. trade. While this would affect Britain disproportionately, it would also jeopardize the revenue margins of U.S. interests already established in the U.K. At least, that is, until the economic uncertainties born of Brexit settle.
Nevertheless, the story wouldn’t end there. Even without the U.K., the European Union will have an annual GDP of more than $16.5 trillion. As such, after the votes are counted Friday, the United States may well have far less impact over a major international actor. If nothing else, Brexit is a recipe for great uncertainty. We should all pay attention.

On social media, the left are crying and whining about the vote. Saying it's xenophobic, racist, etc.

Wonder if the realize they don't even live there

I know. They can gladly STFU. The left is pure evil and their time in the sun is about to come to an end. Calling everyone a bigot and a xenophobe and a racist to try and bully someone to get your way doesn't work anymore. People are sick of it. They're desensitized to it.

Last edited:
Liberty doesn't happen easily or pain free, good for the Limey's.
agree 100%

Going to enjoy sanctimonious liberals on here & the media/politicians bemoan the results of people seizing freedom. Obama to give yet another "this isn't who we are!" bitchfest? Keep posting his approval numbers, the bastard had the nerve to go over there and campaign against exit. Polls show that was the exact moment exit gained momentum.

Just another vote continuing the trend of people regecting tyrany, government unresponsive to its citizens, distant rule, globalization

Sure is a set of fact that should make Hilldawg quite nervous this morn.

We should do a simultaneous two front nuclear attack. Hitt'em with surprises. Drop nukes in the middle east and in Europe.

Well if the EU falls apart, Russia will absorb those former Russian territories. Putin has to be happy about this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT