POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who was the female Trump was speaking about on that tape?

Is dating much younger women a crime? Dating younger women is a far cry from sexually assaulting a 14 year old.

What does Trump paying settlements have anything to do with this? Calipari paid a settlement in Memphis, people pay settlements to keep from getting their name drug through the mud.

I personally don't think Franken or Conyers should've resigned, but what you need to understand is WHY they resigned, which Franken still hasn't. They were sacrificed so the left could go after Trump and Moore, thats it.
I lurk around here to hear different opinions, and every so often I have to chime in. I agree with the statements you have made about Franken and Conyers. Every once in a while the democrats make a shrewd political move. I think they have done so here in attempt to gain some perceived high ground. This should in no way be attributed to Pelosi who was calling Conyers an icon just days before he resigned.

Also, a Franken resignation isn't nearly that big a deal to Democrats since Minnesota has a democratic governor. But to ignore evidence against Trump is to basically wipe his slate clean the day he walked into office. The bus recording alone would be enough to lend credence to his accusers. A review of other statements on other programs would only add fuel to the fire. It's crazy to say this, but Howard Stern's refusal to release tapes of Donald Trump factored into our election. I agree with his refusal by the way but still think it was a factor. Regardless, I've got to call out bias when I see it.

Last edited:
Franken was a comedian on a USO tour working as a comedian. He took some crude pictures. They were not unlike something you would expect to see on SNL. He denies anything else happened. Franken's own accuser said in an interview it wasn't a big deal but she wanted an apology.

Most every report on Roy Moore mentions that it was 40 years ago.

None of these accusers have anything to gain by lying.

There was an attempt to make something out of the yearbook entry Moore wrote in one of his accuser's yearbook. She added his last name and the date and where it was signed. Fox and other right wing outlets claimed it was forged. To Fox's credit, they corrected their reporting. Multiple hand writing analyst have confirmed that Moore had indeed written the message.

I'm glad you've got this whole conspiracy figured out. Again, Trump has admitted his behavior, just unwittingly.

So if you weren’t a politician at the time of your inappropriate behavior it’s okay? Good thing Trump wasn’t involved in politics in the mid 90’s.

And what of Frankens other accusers? I guess since he was just a comedian it’s no big deal?

Nothing to gain? Do you honestly believe that no one gets paid to make these accusations? It’s politics we’re talking about. And they’ve become dirtier than they ever have.

The yearbook being possibly forged was brought up and the accuser and her lawyer stated everything was signed by Moore and nothing was altered initially. Only later did she admit to adding dates and his last name. Why not admit it initially?

The liberals are talking about Armageddon over a tax bill. They've tried using Russian collusion for well over a year to no avail. Then obstruction of justice. Hell, they’ve been trying to impeach on grounds of being mentally unstable... The media writes stories about Diet Coke and 2 scoops as if it’s outrageous. If you don’t think they’d sacrifice their own if it meant getting Trump impeached, you haven’t been paying attention.

Doesn’t it concern you that a woman can now cry sexual misconduct (which now includes everything under the sun) and automatically she’s considered a victim and believed? Sure would make me upset if I were a woman who was raped, abused, etc watching a one time verbal pick up line be lumped into the same category as rape.

I lurk around here to hear different opinions, and every so often I have to chime in. I agree with the statements you have made about Franken and Conyers. Every once in a while the democrats make a shrewd political move. I think they have done so here in attempt to gain some perceived high ground. This should in no way be attributed to Pelosi who was calling Conyers an icon just days before he resigned.

Also, a Franken resignation isn't nearly that big a deal to Democrats since Minnesota has a democratic governor. But to ignore evidence against Trump is to basically wipe his slate clean the day he walked into office. The bus recording alone would be enough to lend credence to his accusers. A review of other statements on other programs would only add fuel to the fire. It's crazy to say this, but Howard Stern refusal to release tapes of Donald Trump factored into our election. I agree with his refusal by the way but still think it was a factor. Regardless, I've got to call out bias when I see it.

Im not ignoring evidence against Trump, I’m simply pointing out a reality. Is there more evidence of the Obama admin using the Govt to spy on a political opponent or Trump sexually harassing women? Since we’re calling out bias.

I think you’re confusing Howard Stern with Mark Burnett.

What factored into our election was jobs, and the lefts push even further left, and most importantly Hillary is corrupt and the whole country knows it.

Reactions: JStaff2187
Lawyer sought donations to pay women to come forward to accuse Trump of sexual misconduct in the final months of the election.

"A well-known women’s rights lawyer sought to arrange compensation from donors and tabloid media outlets for women who made or considered making sexual misconduct allegations against Donald Trump during the final months of the 2016 election, according to documents and interviews.

California lawyer Lisa Bloom’s efforts included offering to sell alleged victims’ stories to TV outlets in return for a commission for herself, arranging a donor to pay off one Trump accuser’s mortgage and attempting to secure a six-figure payment for another woman who ultimately declined to come forward after being offered as much as $750,000, the clients told The Hill.

The women’s accounts were chronicled in contemporaneous contractual documents, emails and text messages reviewed by The Hill, including an exchange of texts between one woman and Bloom that suggested political action committees supporting Hillary Clinton were contacted during the effort....."

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...wyer-sought-donor-cash-for-two-trump-accusers

Child Care Tax Credit
Let me get this straight. Rubio wants a higher tax credit for low income families, who already don’t pay federal income tax?
Regardless of the amount of the CTC, a) you have to have earned income to receive it for your kids, b) some it is to offset taxes you would pay, some is refundable even above the taxes paid.

Me, if you're the working poor & trying to raise kids - our country's future - I don't have a problem with this. Is Rubio's amount too high? I have no clue.

Reactions: warrior-cat
I’ve never understood how it makes any sense to give tax money to those who don’t pay any? Fuzz, rq?
To help the kids of people actually working even if they don't make enough to owe much in taxes. It encourages the parents to work & not sit on their asses & collect welfare.

Last edited:
Reactions: warrior-cat

Also, a Franken resignation isn't nearly that big a deal to Democrats since Minnesota has a democratic governor. But to ignore evidence against Trump is to basically wipe his slate clean the day he walked into office. The bus recording alone would be enough to lend credence to his accusers. A review of other statements on other programs would only add fuel to the fire. It's crazy to say this, but Howard Stern's refusal to release tapes of Donald Trump factored into our election. I agree with his refusal by the way but still think it was a factor. Regardless, I've got to call out bias when I see it.
I can't speak for what women do, but men brag a lot about things they don't actually do. They also exaggerate a lot. Call it locker room talk, or whatever you want, but him saying he grabs women by the p***y doesn't provide much in the way of proof that he actually did that. I don't like people experiencing repercussions for things that hasn't been proven. I don't care if they are liberal or conservative. People should not be fired or resign over accusations that haven't been proven, unless of course, they admit guilt.

So you know the correct amount for this credit?

It was fine where its was when it went to committee. It increased from $1,000 currently to $2,000. With 55% of it being refundable even if you don't owe any income tax. I don't like Rubio trying to blow up the deal in the 11th hour because he didn't get 100% of what he wanted.

So if you weren’t a politician at the time of your inappropriate behavior it’s okay? Good thing Trump wasn’t involved in politics in the mid 90’s.

And what of Frankens other accusers? I guess since he was just a comedian it’s no big deal?

Nothing to gain? Do you honestly believe that no one gets paid to make these accusations? It’s politics we’re talking about. And they’ve become dirtier than they ever have.

The yearbook being possibly forged was brought up and the accuser and her lawyer stated everything was signed by Moore and nothing was altered initially. Only later did she admit to adding dates and his last name. Why not admit it initially?

The liberals are talking about Armageddon over a tax bill. They've tried using Russian collusion for well over a year to no avail. Then obstruction of justice. Hell, they’ve been trying to impeach on grounds of being mentally unstable... The media writes stories about Diet Coke and 2 scoops as if it’s outrageous. If you don’t think they’d sacrifice their own if it meant getting Trump impeached, you haven’t been paying attention.

Doesn’t it concern you that a woman can now cry sexual misconduct (which now includes everything under the sun) and automatically she’s considered a victim and believed? Sure would make me upset if I were a woman who was raped, abused, etc watching a one time verbal pick up line be lumped into the same category as rape.
It doesn't concern you that men could use their power to coerce women into performing sexual favors or simply take liberties knowing that they could never be proven? That it would always be her word against his and since he had all the power and clout nobody would ever believe her.
Is it really so bad if the power that has been on one side for eons switches to the other side?

Would you like to revisit the consistent attacks against Obama? How about the one perpetuated by our current president who continued to knowingly lie about where Obama was born feeding fiction to his legion who would allow him to shoot someone in the middle of Times Square and not lose any support?

Why does Trump and his minions continue to deny that Russia interfered with the election. How much evidence does it require? Every week we find another one of his people have lied or "forgotten" that they met with this Russian operative or that one. If you did nothing wrong, just come clean and admit with whom you met.

Armageddon over the tax bill? It doesn't sound much different than the things that were being said about anything/everything that the GOP was saying when Obama was in office. I didn't see you crying when the shoe was on the other foot.

I really don't understand his angle here.

No Democrat is going to ever cross the aisle and vote for that clown.

Rubio thinks that he is going to run for President again despite his miserable showing last time. He thinks that this is the way to appeal to low income workers. Rubio just doesn't get that the dems are always willing to give more handouts in exchange for votes (See the Obamacare Medicaid expansion as an example).

So much for competition, internet startups and jobs.
NN is the one stifling that. Who want to get in ISP business or improve service if the FCC limits what you can do? Read 6this if you can:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-internet-is-free-again-1513297405

"By effectively deeming the internet a utility, former chairman Tom Wheeler turned the FCC into a political gatekeeper (Got that: NN makes the ISPs a political football.). The rules prohibited broadband providers from blocking, throttling and favoring content, which Mr. Wheeler ostensibly intended to help large content providers like Google and Netflix gain leverage against cable companies.

But as always in politics, treatment under the rules would depend on ideology and partisanship. Even as liberals howl that the Justice Department’s lawsuit to block AT&T’s merger with Time Warner is motivated by President Trump’s animus to CNN, they want FCC control over the internet."

"Mr. Pai’s rules would require that broadband providers disclose discriminatory practices. Thus cable companies would have to be transparent if they throttle content when users reach a data cap or if they speed up live sports programming. Consumers can choose broadband providers and plans accordingly. The Federal Trade Commission will have authority to police predatory and monopolistic practices, as it had prior to Mr. Wheeler’s power grab.

Mr. Pai’s net-neutrality rollback will also support growth in content. Both content producers and consumers will benefit from increased investment in faster wireless and fiber technology. (Got that - more investment!!) Apple is pouring $1 billion into original content to compete with Amazon, Netflix and YouTube."

"Consumers will also benefit from the slow breakdown of the cable monopoly as they customize “bundles” like Hulu or a Disney stream that may cost less. Americans will also enjoy new distribution options, which could have been barred by the net-neutrality rules.

This week T-Mobile announced its acquisition of Layer3 TV, a Denver startup that streams high-definition channels online and will compete with AT&T’s DirecTV Now. Verizon Wireless last month said it will start delivering high-speed broadband to homes over its wireless network !!! late next year. Google and AT&T are experimenting with similar services that will be cheaper than digging dirt to lay cable. This could be a boon for rural America."

The Left thinks ISP's still still as if it's 1980. Typical head in the sand crap.

"By the way, Google has vigorously promoted net neutrality in theory but less in practice. While Google says it remains “committed to the net neutrality policies,” the search engine uses opaque algorithms to prioritize and discriminate against content, sometimes in ways that undercut competitors. Net neutrality for thee, but not me. Google ought to be transparent about its practices."

Reactions: Wall Knight Teague
It was fine where its was when it went to committee. It increased from $1,000 currently to $2,000. With 55% of it being refundable even if you don't owe any income tax. I don't like Rubio trying to blow up the deal in the 11th hour because he didn't get 100% of what he wanted.
Agree on not liking his last minute bs here.

Reactions: DSmith21
It doesn't concern you that men could use their power to coerce women into performing sexual favors or simply take liberties knowing that they could never be proven? That it would always be her word against his and since he had all the power and clout nobody would ever believe her.
Is it really so bad if the power that has been on one side for eons switches to the other side?

Would you like to revisit the consistent attacks against Obama? How about the one perpetuated by our current president who continued to knowingly lie about where Obama was born feeding fiction to his legion who would allow him to shoot someone in the middle of Times Square and not lose any support?

Why does Trump and his minions continue to deny that Russia interfered with the election. How much evidence does it require? Every week we find another one of his people have lied or "forgotten" that they met with this Russian operative or that one. If you did nothing wrong, just come clean and admit with whom you met.

Armageddon over the tax bill? It doesn't sound much different than the things that were being said about anything/everything that the GOP was saying when Obama was in office. I didn't see you crying when the shoe was on the other foot.

You really think men have all the power? What does a man put a priority on, inline with food, and shelter? Who has every bit of that precious commodity?

The fact you know what I'm speaking of is all the proof you need as to how much power females have over men.

stop being a sexist arse hole.. women do the same crap

heres one having to suspend her campaign.. she says its not true. does she get the benefit of the doubt?

http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article189931704.html

Bill O'Reilly said he's posturing for a 2020 primary challenge to Trump.

Could Liddle Marco be deluded enough to think he can beat incumbent DJT?

Reactions: DSmith21
NN is the one stifling that. Who want to get in ISP business or improve service if the FCC limits what you can do? Read 6this if you can:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-internet-is-free-again-1513297405

"By effectively deeming the internet a utility, former chairman Tom Wheeler turned the FCC into a political gatekeeper (Got that: NN makes the ISPs a political football.). The rules prohibited broadband providers from blocking, throttling and favoring content, which Mr. Wheeler ostensibly intended to help large content providers like Google and Netflix gain leverage against cable companies.

But as always in politics, treatment under the rules would depend on ideology and partisanship. Even as liberals howl that the Justice Department’s lawsuit to block AT&T’s merger with Time Warner is motivated by President Trump’s animus to CNN, they want FCC control over the internet."

"Mr. Pai’s rules would require that broadband providers disclose discriminatory practices. Thus cable companies would have to be transparent if they throttle content when users reach a data cap or if they speed up live sports programming. Consumers can choose broadband providers and plans accordingly. The Federal Trade Commission will have authority to police predatory and monopolistic practices, as it had prior to Mr. Wheeler’s power grab.

Mr. Pai’s net-neutrality rollback will also support growth in content. Both content producers and consumers will benefit from increased investment in faster wireless and fiber technology. (Got that - more investment!!) Apple is pouring $1 billion into original content to compete with Amazon, Netflix and YouTube."

"Consumers will also benefit from the slow breakdown of the cable monopoly as they customize “bundles” like Hulu or a Disney stream that may cost less. Americans will also enjoy new distribution options, which could have been barred by the net-neutrality rules.

This week T-Mobile announced its acquisition of Layer3 TV, a Denver startup that streams high-definition channels online and will compete with AT&T’s DirecTV Now. Verizon Wireless last month said it will start delivering high-speed broadband to homes over its wireless network !!! late next year. Google and AT&T are experimenting with similar services that will be cheaper than digging dirt to lay cable. This could be a boon for rural America."

The Left thinks ISP's still still as if it's 1980. Typical head in the sand crap.

"By the way, Google has vigorously promoted net neutrality in theory but less in practice. While Google says it remains “committed to the net neutrality policies,” the search engine uses opaque algorithms to prioritize and discriminate against content, sometimes in ways that undercut competitors. Net neutrality for thee, but not me. Google ought to be transparent about its practices."
Exactly. Google/YouTube/Twitter/FB pushes conservatives down their search results and algorithms as a matter of policy. They just label it "untrustworthy" or "hate speech".

Reactions: moe_schmoe
Can you link to me any articles written that show "glee and joy" about any of this?
I'm late to the game and would like to observe this because I obviously missed it all. TIA

And how can you be so clueless to have missed that in just the past week that Al Franken and John Conyers, both Democrats have resigned after extensive coverage of allegations against them? Anthony Weiner...not to mention the scores of other "liberal Hollywood elites".

There were pictures of Franken, and he admitted to misbehaving. Conyers accusers received a settlement, so there seems to be some validity there. There is no such evidence in the Trump and Moore allegations, thats the difference.

Anthony Wiener is in prison.

Exactly. Lol it's hilarious weiner was even considered as a rebuttal example.

Plus all the stories and gleeful comments were quickly deleted from Twitter when he committed suicide.

Franken was a comedian on a USO tour working as a comedian. He took some crude pictures.

What the pictures show is sexual assault. He's touching intimate parts of her body while she is unconscious and unable to consent. Not to mention his behavior towards her otherwise.

Hes should not only resign immediately, he should also be prosecuted.

Also let's get another thing straight: Franken did NOT resign. He said he will. But he hasn't yet.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/12/15/espn-pit-sexism-hostility-toward-women-report.html What are all these idiot former players going to do? You know atleast half of them are probably borderline rapists. This is another one of those "battle of the voting blocs". Dems pander to two opposing groups: sexually assaulted women and black athletes. The black athletes rape the women who do you pander to ( my guess is they will blame raping women on CTE).... kind of like the muslim who killed 50+ fags in florida at the night club.

24993339_1101104393413468_2862217453243386671_n.jpg

And there’s the problem. You’re all about sides. Of course I’m concerned of men using their power like that. But I don’t want either side to use their power for evil. The problem with this #metoo movement is it’s bringing false accusers along with it, which in the long run will hurt the actual victims. I have much more sympathy for a woman who was raped or constantly harassed by some jackass punk than I do a woman who didn’t like the way a man looked at her, posted it and put #metoo beside it.

I don’t like having to defend Trump so much, but man it takes a real head in the sand type of person not to notice Trump is attacked on a daily basis over next to nothing most days. Obama and consistent attacks? You must be referring to his constant attacks on police. That man had the media cheerleading his every move, minus Fox News.

Of course Russia had a form of interference... just like we have a form of interference in others elections. Your oh so mighty leader stated there was no way Russia could hack our election when he thought Hilary had it in the bag. Speaking of Obama, how’s that violation of the Logan act treating him?

Hey Nancy Pelosi’s own words. And news flash. Obama made a deal giving a terrorist country that hates America nuclear technology because “Dey pinky pwomised not to make nukes”. Which could literally cause Armageddon. It’s funny, people like you give a terrorist country benefit of the doubt all while screaming about Russia with no proof other than someone who was under Obama before Trump lied. Smoking pistol indeed.

I’m independent. I can’t stand the GOP. But I also know the left is insane. Trump is as close as we’ll come to an independent taking office under a 2 party system, which is horrible.

Last edited:
stop being a sexist arse hole.. women do the same crap

heres one having to suspend her campaign.. she says its not true. does she get the benefit of the doubt?

http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article189931704.html

My friend’s brother has a neighbor that has a 15 year old daughter. One day he made the comment that she would be a knockout when she’s an adult.

My friend’s wife said “umm... i don’t think it’s appropriate to make a comment like that about a 15 year old girl.” He said, well he was just making an observation and giving an opinion. She says “well, it’s pretty inappropriate.”

Hours later her, her mom and a friend were commenting on how some 16 year old boy was a good looking boy.

Double standards much? This is the America rq strives for.

Reactions: mdlUK.1
My friend’s brother has a neighbor that has a 15 year old daughter. One day he made the comment that she would be a knockout when she’s an adult.

My friend’s wife said “umm... i don’t think it’s appropriate to make a comment like that about a 15 year old girl.” He said, well he was just making an observation and giving an opinion. She says “well, it’s pretty inappropriate.”

Hours later her, her mom and a friend were commenting on how some 16 year old boy was a good looking boy.

I strive for an America where fuzz/rq and his pet minorities are on one side of a wall and the US is on the other

I have made that comment about girls forever now. What is wrong with giving a kid a compliment? Does not mean a person has bad intentions. I remember being told many times as a teenager by older women how good looking I was. I did not take it as they wanted to molest me. Some people just like being nice and complimenting others. Heck, my best friend has two daughters who are 9 and 6. When I say "get your gun out when the boys come around because those girls are going to be knockouts" am I exhibiting pedophile tendencies? I guess in today's PC, pu$ified, #METOO America I am. Jesus.....

I have made that comment about girls forever now. What is wrong with giving a kid a compliment? Does not mean a person has bad intentions. I remember being told many times as a teenager by older women how good looking I was. I did not take it as they wanted to molest me. Some people just like being nice and complimenting others. Heck, my best friend has two daughters who are 9 and 6. When I say "get your gun out when the boys come around because those girls are going to be knockouts" am I exhibiting pedophile tendencies? I guess in today's PC, pu$ified, #METOO America I am. Jesus.....

It’s insane. Sometimes I think these people want things to be so confusing, so messed up, so stupid that the only proper way to think, comment, or do is the way they tell you to. Anything else will be considered vile and you should be shunned for it.

So did I miss this on here or have you all seen the news of Lisa Bloom getting money from donors to come forward about Trump and then she'd take a commission.

One woman turned down $750k to do it. The Hill wrote a soft version of if compared to Thomas Payne's website.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT