POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I apologize if this information has been made public and I'm missing it, but can someone tell me what the new tax brackets are in the Conference Committee bill? All I know is that it drops the top bracket from 39 to 37%, new corporate tax rate is 21, and the SALT deduction up to 10K. What are the new middle class tax brackets? TIA.

The agreed upon individual brackets haven't been released yet.

Reactions: DSmith21
The agreed upon individual brackets haven't been released yet.
wonderful to go on cbssportsline and read a story about Larry Johnson's dumb ass claiming he could be the next aaron Hernandez and then some woman (in an article on a sports website) talking about how Donald trump made a pass at her in an elevator. Media is lapping the full retard mile marker

I apologize if this information has been made public and I'm missing it

I could be wrong, but I don't think it's been made public. From what I've seen it's only a verbal agreement between the House and Senate on the final bill and pen hasn't been put to paper yet.

According to Republicans, as of this morning, verbally, it's done. Only thing left is putting pen to paper. Democrats don't have the balls to shut the government down over DACA. If so, good luck.

I apologize if this information has been made public and I'm missing it, but can someone tell me what the new tax brackets are in the Conference Committee bill? All I know is that it drops the top bracket from 39 to 37%, new corporate tax rate is 21, and the SALT deduction up to 10K. What are the new middle class tax brackets? TIA.

Brackets haven't been announced. A few other things that we do know:
  • the corporate AMT is going away
  • the individual AMT won't kick in unless you make $1 million as a couple.
  • The SALT deduction has been sweetened so that it can be used for some combination of property tax and state & local income tax or state sales tax rather than just property tax. This is a big help to renters.
  • The deduction for student loan interest will remain.
  • The estate tax exemption is roughly doubled to $11 million per person or $22 million per couple.
  • The tax cuts for individuals expire in 2025 but the new corporate rate is permanent.
  • The standard deduction is increased to $12,000 single and $24,000 couple. It is estimated that 90% of filers (up from 70% now) will take this higher standard deduction which greatly simplifies your tax return.

Last edited:
The big differences I've seen hashed out so far are:

21% corporate rate
20% deduction for pass-through business income, as well as trusts and self employed (I think) (Edit: also, no idea if the W2 limitations originally in the Senate bill are staying in place)
37% top individual rate
No corporate AMT
Obamacare mandate repealed
$750,000 mortgage indebtedness interest deduction limitation
$10,000 of combined state income and property tax deduction

^There is still going to be some limit on the 20% pass-through deduction for service companies like accountants and attorneys. I believe that it kicks in at $200,000 in household pass-through income.

The big differences I've seen hashed out so far are:

21% corporate rate
20% deduction for pass-through business income, as well as trusts and self employed (I think) (Edit: also, no idea if the W2 limitations originally in the Senate bill are staying in place)
37% top individual rate
No corporate AMT
Obamacare mandate repealed
$750,000 mortgage indebtedness interest deduction limitation
$10,000 of combined state income and property tax deduction
the state tax income deduction is great. It will not allow libs in high state states to deduct that rate.

I think a great tax would be politician net worth tax. If a politician's net worth increases while in office it should be taxed at 85%. So Hillary is broke, gets to Washington leaves and is worth 300 million say. Let's take about 280 million of that.

on a side note any update on the progress mcain's cancer is making?

Last edited:
Reactions: PhattyJ4UK
What about Christian Bakers that don’t want to make a gay wedding cake or a Christian organization that employs people that don’t want to pay for birth control?
So do you think they should be able to deny service to someone because of their race?
We have laws against discrimination. Why is that so hard to understand?

Likewise. Should an employer be able to tailor their medical plans to not cover illnesses like sickle-cell that only affects certain ethnic people?
Birth control pills are prescribed for other medical conditions beyond simply preventing pregnancy. It is prescribed for Acne, and can reduce heavy menstrual bleeding. Prevent menstrual migraines, ease PMS and has been shown to lower the risk of ovarian cancer.

85534422.jpg

Reactions: Mashburned
Correct, the baker offered to sell the gay couple any pre-made item in his store including cakes. He just refused to do a custom cake for them.
Exactly. They were welcome to buy any of the dozens of pre-made cakes in the shop. The only things denied were his personal, God given talents. As I explained in my comparison above, it's no different than this...

For comparison, someone is more than welcome to walk into any artist's gallery and buy a piece, but nowhere under the law is the artist legally obligated to personally customize a mural for someone, nor does someone have the right to force aforementioned artist to oblige their request.

Like seriously, if any of you are religious that's cool... for those who are: do any of you buy this religious bullshit from Roy Moore?

Like seriously, if any of you are religious that's cool... for those who are: do any of you buy this religious bullshit from Roy Moore?

Not that it really matters, and I have absolutely nothing against anyone who is, but I'm not religious, far from it.

Anyways, damn, dude, are you still hung up on Roy Moore? He's old news. I've been laughing about his dumbass refusing to concede for the last two days. He lost. It's over. Brilliant win for the Democrats. Losing that seat is going to be a thorn in Trump's side for two years, then Jones gets beat, easily, by double digits in '20.

I’m Christian and I haven’t listened to a thing Moore had to say since I heard his interview where he didn’t deny dating teenagers when he was 30+. You shouldn’t do that period, but especially if you’re going to be a public figure.

If you ask me the guy is a nut who was trying to use Christianity for votes/pity from fellow Christians. But that’s JMO.

And just to add, If we could all just follow Jesus’ example in the Bible and what He tells us to do concerning how we treat other humans (Christian or not), the world would be at peace. But we don’t, never have and we are where we are.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnKBA
bruh i put a finger in katina when she be drunk
took week get dat smell off my hands
Made her apologize to ME

Bruh, where did all the thousands of dollars come from to pay Katina had her Hoes? We know that wasn't from your bank roll.

Not that it really matters, and I have absolutely nothing against anyone who is, but I'm not religious, far from it.

Anyways, damn, dude, are you still hung up on Roy Moore? He's old news. I've been laughing about his dumbass refusing to concede for the last two days. He lost. It's over. Brilliant win for the Democrats. Losing that seat is going to be a thorn in Trump's side for two years, then Jones gets beat, easily, by double digits in '20.
Moore was a terrible candidate who should have been replaced 2 months ago. I doubt the people of Alabama will be represented properly by Jones though.

If you advertise doing custom cakes then you can’t pick and choose who you serve.
Highly doubt the best designers in the world are doing custom dresses for fatty weddings. Highly doubt it - but this seems like it could be within your area of knowledge (womens body), therefore you may be able to shed some light.

Highly doubt the best designers in the world are doing custom dresses for fatty weddings. Highly doubt it - but this seems like it could be within your area of knowledge (womens body), therefore you may be able to shed some light.

All kinds of designers are refusing to do work for Melania Trump just because of her husband's politics. If the gay couple wins do these designers have to do custom work for the first lady?

Sure you can. Besides, you said he refused them service. Again, that's a lie. He refused them his personal talents. Big difference.
Not a difference at all if those talents are posted on the menu. Those cakes on the shelf were baked and decorated using his talents.

Bottom line, you cannot publicly (as in publish a price list) say something is for sale and then discriminate to whom you will sell.

The way Senior members of the FBI and Justice dept acted in the months leading up, and shortly after the election should sicken every single American. Regardless if you like Trump or hate him, they were out of control.

For the Dems on here, put all your Trump hate aside. James Comey blackmailed Clinton last year. He ensured she wasn’t prosecuted or charged in the email fiasco. Then he pinched her again right before the election when he thought for certain she’d win, just to let her know he could at anytime with the Wiener stuff. That’s our FBI at work.
Do you think it’s just coincidence that of all the qualified people in the FBI, Mueller picks the same people with their hands all over the Clintons?
It appears you've been radicalized by the kooks and are a different human being than 18 months ago. Come back to the middle-right!

Dem lawmaker said revealing clothing can be 'invitation' to harassment: report

Rep. Marcy Kaptur (D-Ohio) on Wednesday reportedly called clothing worn by some lawmakers and their aides on Capitol Hill an "invitation" during a discussion on sexual harassment.

“I saw a member yesterday with her cleavage so deep it was down to the floor,” Kaptur said during a House Democratic Caucus meeting to talk about sexual harassment issues, Politico reported, citing sources in the room.

“And what I’ve seen … it's really an invitation.”

The Ohio Democrat reportedly said she has been "appalled" by some of the things staffers have worn.

“Maybe I’ll get booed for saying this, but many companies and the military [have] a dress code,” she said.

“I have been appalled at some of the dress of ... members and staff. Men have to wear ties and suits.”

Those d
All kinds of designers are refusing to do work for Melania Trump just because of her husband's politics. If the gay couple wins do these designers have to do custom work for the first lady?
Those designers don’t publish price lists for their custom designs. They don’t solicit business.

what's
Not a difference at all if those talents are posted on the menu. Those cakes on the shelf were baked and decorated using his talents.

Bottom line, you cannot publicly (as in publish a price list) say something is for sale and then discriminate to whom you will sell.
democrats do that all the time. Please explain why it is ok for California to reject business based on policy. Why is it ok for democrats to do it fuzz?

I really think there was an attempted coup after the election results.

This is pretty near proof of it.

At the least, it's proof everyone and everything strzok touched is tainted and needs to be reviewed. Anyone who worked with him dismissed.

We already knew it was the Dems plot to argue this about trump. We saw that a year before the election in the Dems memo leaked by WikiLeaks. What we didn't know was their level of control of the FBI, doj, etc.

It's shocking
:okay:

How is the tax cut going to burden the middle class? You really don't think it will help create jobs, really?

You're doing nothing but rehashing leftist talking points.

Illegal immigration is down 70%. You know why Obama's deportation numbers were so high? He changed what is considered deportation. Immigrants turned around at the border were considered deported, more were coming because if they made it across they were good.
Less are trying now, which is great, you know why less are trying now? TRUMP

You're the perfect example of todays democrat, everything you think is based on emotion.
Bill, you claim that Obama manipulated the immigration/deportation numbers...how do you know Trump isn't doing the same?

My only issue with the tax cuts is that they will only add to the deficit and debt. If they were tied to any decreases in spending I'd be ok. Decreasing the debt used to be a big conservative talking point...and a point on which I supported them. What happened?

Reactions: jameslee32
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT