POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Biggest problem the Dems have now is there’s no way they can pull any voter fraud shenanigans and claim Biden beat Trump fair and square with a straight face. They have to find a plausible replacement.

BUT… I am very curious to see what Judge Merchan does with sentencing now on the heels of this debate. Could the Dems get so desperate that Merchan is given the directive to hand down a lengthy prison term to Trump? Imagine the chaos that would ensue.

My last post tonight. Most of us have known the truth for several years now. I implore those of you who continue to oppose Trump: you saw it. We saw it. It’s now obvious. We all know he’s not running the country. If they would use him as a puppet, why and how could you possibly believe they wouldn’t tamper with votes in 4 major cities to steal a razor thin margin of victory in 4 crucial battleground states?

Wake up!

This is what bothers me. This is the same man as 4 years ago.

It’s unfathomable that half this country is so damn stupid that they didn’t know this 4 years ago.

It’s why I cannot imagine the country lasting. You cannot have half the people being this damn stupid.
Yep, unfortunately joe getting elected into office and then defending him shows we have a lot of not smart people in this world.

I don't hate Trump, what lol? Trump just said today, that Putin's demands are unacceptable. Not sure about that one. His supporters are targeted by the Russian FSB. So you can give em a pass, I guess. Just like Iran and China got college students to hunger strike, for terrorists. Russia can get 60 year old men to make excuses for Russian imperalism.
How old are you?

Vivek has been my guy for awhile now. He's like Trump but smarter and more controlled.

Vivek is terrible. Comes off as a suck up and big know it all. I don't think he'd play well nationally at all.

Whenever Trump passes on, lots of people are going to try to claim his mantle. Problem is that isn't going to happen because I don't think Trump's movement runs without Trump.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Vivek is terrible. Comes off as a suck up and big know it all. I don't think he'd play well nationally at all.

Whenever Trump passes on, lots of people are going to try to claim his mantle. Problem is that isn't going to happen because I don't think Trump's movement runs without Trump.
A suck up? Who do you think he sucks up to? He tells it like it is and that's why the RHINOS don't like him. I think it's been so long since you've seen a competent politician that when you do see one he comes across as a know it all. He's actually smart and knows what he's talking about. Profound I know.

A suck up? Who do you think he sucks up to? He tells it like it is and that's why the RHINOS don't like him.

He sucks up to Trump. It's clear that he's just bandwagoning on Trump's coattails and thinks he's the heir apparent to that movement. It won't happen. Some of the same people I see excited here about Vivek were also so excited to see Daniel Cameron win the GOP primary where I was telling folks here Cameron would make a terrible general election candidate (which was proven right).

What are the logistics of replacing Biden now that the primaries are over? Can the democrat party just put whoever they want on the ticket?

He sucks up to Trump. It's clear that he's just bandwagoning on Trump's coattails and thinks he's the heir apparent to that movement. It won't happen. Some of the same people I see excited here about Vivek were also so excited to see Daniel Cameron win the GOP primary where I was telling folks here Cameron would make a terrible general election candidate (which was proven right).

Vivek is an intelligent, successful business man.

Cameron let Beshear act like a tyrant during Covid.

Cameron was always a terrible candidate. Completely different than Vivek.

I didn't vote for Cameron in the primary. He was a terrible choice. Agree with you there. Disagree with you about Vivek. All good though.

What are the logistics of replacing Biden now that the primaries are over? Can the democrat party just put whoever they want on the ticket?

So Biden has assembled a majority of delegates to get the Democratic nomination. What he would communicate is that he would not accept the nomination if given to him so he would "release" his delegates and allow them to vote their conscience when the first ballot kicked off at the Democratic National Convention. I'm not sure if the DNC still has a super majority rule to pick a nominee like it used to in the first half of the 20th century but it would kick off a CRAZY scramble for a candidate to secure 50%+ of delegates, having to make tons of promises to environmental groups, women's rights groups, the NAACP, BLM, labor unions, LGBTQ+ groups, etc. to get the votes.

We haven't had a contested convention since Reagan-Ford in 1976. That was settled after 1 round but there were a clear 2 candidates. I could easily see a flood of interested people were this to occur. Kamala would be involved, as would Newsom, and Pritzker. Maybe even Hillary would put out feelers. If I was advising Andy Beshear, I'd say for him to explore possibilities as well.

And with a new president, the VP could be totally different too (voted on after the prez is selected). It would be wild.

Vivek is an intelligent, successful business man.

Cameron let Beshear act like a tyrant during Covid.

Cameron was always a terrible candidate. Completely different than Vivek.

For me, Vivek needs to show he can actually go out and win something. He hasn't won a statewide primary or election anywhere or governed anywhere. As a registered GOPer, I want to build a bench with some experienced talent than blowhards. Just my two cents, though.

Reactions: OHIO COLONEL
I don't think you've actually watched much Vivek. He was on podcast for months before declaring for president. What he was saying was very solid if you are a small government conservative or non crazy libertarian or even a non crazy democrat. He was making legal and economic cases for his thoughts on policy. I'd agree he is using the populist wave to bandwagon on, but he leans much more libertarian on most policies.

He disagreed with Trump on a bunch of stuff but once he knew he couldn't win he said the best way forward was to back Trump.

So Biden has assembled a majority of delegates to get the Democratic nomination. What he would communicate is that he would not accept the nomination if given to him so he would "release" his delegates and allow them to vote their conscience when the first ballot kicked off at the Democratic National Convention. I'm not sure if the DNC still has a super majority rule to pick a nominee like it used to in the first half of the 20th century but it would kick off a CRAZY scramble for a candidate to secure 50%+ of delegates, having to make tons of promises to environmental groups, women's rights groups, the NAACP, BLM, labor unions, LGBTQ+ groups, etc. to get the votes.

We haven't had a contested convention since Reagan-Ford in 1976. That was settled after 1 round but there were a clear 2 candidates. I could easily see a flood of interested people were this to occur. Kamala would be involved, as would Newsom, and Pritzker. Maybe even Hillary would put out feelers. If I was advising Andy Beshear, I'd say for him to explore possibilities as well.

And with a new president, the VP could be totally different too (voted on after the prez is selected). It would be wild.

DNC has superdelegates. Those delegates can swing the party regardless of vote. It's how Hillary screwed over Bernie....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT