POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That’s what they said in the 19th century about 6th grade.
Well ... a 6th grade education back then was 1000x better than a college diploma now.

NO WAY in h3ll a majority of high school, or even "college" kids would pass this test today

From another website:
Can you pass the 6th and 8th Grade Final Exams of 1890? This is a handwritten essay test using no computers, notes or reference material. Everything must come out of your head in one sit down session in front of the teacher. There is a time limit of four hours. If you fail it as a 12 year old you are considered unsuitable for school and must do hard work on the farm all day for the next six years without pay. Also if you fail it you will have a free trip to the woodshed where father will administer a thorough switching to your bare butt with a willow switch. Many parents took education very seriously. They also had to pay taxes for the schools whether their kids went or not. I remember my grandfather who only had an 8th grade education helping me with my square roots in high school and correcting me on math problems and in other topics when he was in his 80s. He said he learned all subjects well because he had to recite them to the teacher and then help teach the younger kids in a one room school. Using correct spelling, grammar and good hand writing elaborate in essay form the answers. Use no notes.

U.S. History1. Name the parts of the Bill of Rights and explain which rights they protect.2. Relate the causes and results of the Revolutionary War. 3. Describe three of the most prominent battles of the Rebellion. 4. Tell what you can of the history of Michigan.5. Who were the following: Morse, Whitney, Fulton, Bell, Lincoln, Penn, and Howe?6. Name events connected with the following dates: 1607, 1620, 1800, 1849, and 1865?
Geography 1. Name each of the states in the USA and give its capital.2. How do you account for the extremes of climate in Michigan?3. Describe the mountains of N.A. 4. What is climate? Upon what does climate depend?5. Describe the following: Monrovia, Odessa, Denver, Manitoba, Hecla, Yukon, St. Helena, and Orinoco.6. Name and locate the principal trade centers of the U.S.7. Name all the republics of Europe and give capital of each.8. Why is the Atlantic Coast colder than the Pacific in the same latitude?9. Describe the process by which the water of the ocean returns to the sources of rivers.10.Describe the movements of the earth. Give inclination of the earth.
Arithmetic1. Name and define the Fundamental Rules of Arithmetic.2. A wagon box is 2 ft. deep, 10 feet long, and 3 ft. wide. How many bushels of wheat will it hold?

No relationship to the point. Once the sperm and the egg combine to start a new life, a soul is put into the clump of cells, Zygote, human fetus, or what other name you have for it to justify killing it.
Fact check: true. They COMBINE to form a unique HUMAN DNA. What do sperm and egg cells "grow" into? Some ppl are so fing stupid, warrior.

Trump didn't have executive privilege the second he left office, the documents themselves did IF the current executive agrees. Biden didn't "remove" trumps privelge. He told the FBI and NARA that he would not assert privilege on the documents on TRumps behalf because as the executive he is the only person that can. All documents are owned by the government not the person. As soon as that person leaves the government they have no power over them. SCOTUS ruled in the Nixon case that privilege is for the office not the person in the office so the sitting president decides whether to allow an ex president to be shielded. The only documents trump can claim privilege to are some communications with his lawyer and if it was about official white house duties he still doesn't own the documents. Of course now that the lawyers were proven to have lied to the FBI he also waives privilege on some of those communications. SCOTUS also ruled in the NIxon case that potus cannot use privilege to stop a criminal investigation. But the orange orangutan dipshit isn't president anymore so he has no control over his presidential records.
aim5j3q4mzda1.png

They didn't set him straight. He is who he's always been. The Twenty had no one to go up against the 200. The Twenty are the ones who got the message from the 200.
TT is exactly what this country needs. Clowns like Trump and KM are part of the problem. Mainstream assholes who prefer padding their wallets over doing the right thing. We need the twenty to be the 300. This Is America!

They didn't set him straight. He is who he's always been. The Twenty had no one to go up against the 200. The Twenty are the ones who got the message from the 200.
No the 20 set him straight. They negotiated a list of demands, that he reluctantly agreed to, and he would not have become speaker if had not. They gave power back to the Congress and the Pelosi Style Iron Fisted Speaker was replaced with a real representation of the people who elected them.

Fortunately for Conservatives they can keep his feet to the fire and if he strays take action to get him back in line. We all win thanks to the Terrific Twenty.

Well ... a 6th grade education back then was 1000x better than a college diploma now.

NO WAY in h3ll a majority of high school, or even "college" kids would pass this test today

From another website:
Can you pass the 6th and 8th Grade Final Exams of 1890? This is a handwritten essay test using no computers, notes or reference material. Everything must come out of your head in one sit down session in front of the teacher. There is a time limit of four hours. If you fail it as a 12 year old you are considered unsuitable for school and must do hard work on the farm all day for the next six years without pay. Also if you fail it you will have a free trip to the woodshed where father will administer a thorough switching to your bare butt with a willow switch. Many parents took education very seriously. They also had to pay taxes for the schools whether their kids went or not. I remember my grandfather who only had an 8th grade education helping me with my square roots in high school and correcting me on math problems and in other topics when he was in his 80s. He said he learned all subjects well because he had to recite them to the teacher and then help teach the younger kids in a one room school. Using correct spelling, grammar and good hand writing elaborate in essay form the answers. Use no notes.

U.S. History1. Name the parts of the Bill of Rights and explain which rights they protect.2. Relate the causes and results of the Revolutionary War. 3. Describe three of the most prominent battles of the Rebellion. 4. Tell what you can of the history of Michigan.5. Who were the following: Morse, Whitney, Fulton, Bell, Lincoln, Penn, and Howe?6. Name events connected with the following dates: 1607, 1620, 1800, 1849, and 1865?
Geography 1. Name each of the states in the USA and give its capital.2. How do you account for the extremes of climate in Michigan?3. Describe the mountains of N.A. 4. What is climate? Upon what does climate depend?5. Describe the following: Monrovia, Odessa, Denver, Manitoba, Hecla, Yukon, St. Helena, and Orinoco.6. Name and locate the principal trade centers of the U.S.7. Name all the republics of Europe and give capital of each.8. Why is the Atlantic Coast colder than the Pacific in the same latitude?9. Describe the process by which the water of the ocean returns to the sources of rivers.10.Describe the movements of the earth. Give inclination of the earth.
Arithmetic1. Name and define the Fundamental Rules of Arithmetic.2. A wagon box is 2 ft. deep, 10 feet long, and 3 ft. wide. How many bushels of wheat will it hold?
Most college grads in America could not pass this. The dumbing down of America was very successful.

From another website:

We don't have to go all the way back to 1912 to know that government run schools are producing kids that know less & less. I firmly believe that kids during the 1970's was better educated after they finished the 8th grade than people that are receiving high school diplomas are today. Parents, get your kids out of these government run indoctrination sewers TODAY, not next school year but TODAY.

We don't have to go all the way back to 1912 to know that government run schools are producing kids that know less & less. I firmly believe that kids during the 1970's was better educated after they finished the 8th grade than people that are receiving high school diplomas are today. Parents, get your kids out of these government run indoctrination sewers TODAY, not next school year but TODAY.
Did that. And we have already reaped rewards.

OK, I'll play Devils advocate here. I watched the video. that the kind of investment in the inner city areas that I have no problem with because they are putting people to work and seeing tangible results of that work. They are also training people for the workforce and not the welfare doles. It's not money going into some abyss.

No the 20 set him straight. They negotiated a list of demands, that he reluctantly agreed to, and he would not have become speaker if had not. They gave power back to the Congress and the Pelosi Style Iron Fisted Speaker was replaced with a real representation of the people who elected them.

Fortunately for Conservatives they can keep his feet to the fire and if he strays take action to get him back in line. We all win thanks to the Terrific Twenty.
I do not think this is accurate. Other than the one-vote to challenge speaker rule, all of the other public demands were met prior to the first vote. Rather, it appears this was more about some back room swampy like deals. For a few, this was bout their dislike for McCarthy, mainly. The “freedom caucus” consists of politicians. In the population of politicians, I like some of them, but they are political.

Reactions: vhcat70
Mine has been home schooled for the second year now and is loving it. Also, learning more. She has one more year before deciding whether or not to do college or technical schooling. Her focus right now is art and forensic science.

Most college grads in America could not pass this. The dumbing down of America was very successful.
Going back to college to get another degree was a huge insight into how dumb college students are. I used to hold college degrees in high regard until I went back and I see that it's just an utter joke and simply shows any idiot who just spends enough time there will get it.

I was in a 300-level class I had to take where there was a transfer from Grambling State named Craig. He was the dumbest guy I have ever seen in a college classroom. He couldn't even read at a 5th-grade level. There were two girls assigned with him in a group project and I was late getting out of class while they stuck around to talk to the professor about how they were upset about being grouped with Craig for a group project and didn't want his part to affect their overall grade. The day of the project came and the girls did well while Craig trying to read out loud was brutal, man. BRUTAL.

That's just one story. The general overall reality is the education system is dog shit. I see it with my kids' curriculum and a lack of homework/lack of harsh grading. The teachers are younger and dumber.

Dumb them down, then tell them they're "smart."
I've thought a lot about this recently after having a discussion about how trade schools were presented to us in high school. Growing up, we were taught that if you didn't go to college, you were a loser and would be working at McDonald's. Guidance counselors/advisors made trade schools sound like they were for losers and for kids who were the potheads, bad grades kids.

Never mind that those trades paid more than the BS degree that was held in high regard.

It made me think about how people who can actually build things and create things are smarter and can actually contribute where as we are ruled by a group of morons (government) who can't do anything but lie and steal. Most can't hunt, can't fix a car (hell, most don't even drive a car), can't build a house, can't cook, can't farm, can't create anything with their hands, never ran an actual business, can't fix anything, yet, they're exalted over everyone else. Why? In our most primitive state, those types would die off and would never be allowed to lead the pack. WHY THE HELL HAVE WE SIGNED UP FOR THIS BS SYSTEM?

I've thought a lot about this recently after having a discussion about how trade schools were presented to us in high school. Growing up, we were taught that if you didn't go to college, you were a loser and would be working at McDonald's. Guidance counselors/advisors made trade schools sound like they were for losers and for kids who were the potheads, bad grades kids.

Never mind that those trades paid more than the BS degree that was held in high regard.

It made me think about how people who can actually build things and create things are smarter and can actually contribute where as we are ruled by a group of morons (government) who can't do anything but lie and steal. Most can't hunt, can't fix a car (hell, most don't even drive a car), can't build a house, can't cook, can't farm, can't create anything with their hands, never ran an actual business, can't fix anything, yet, they're exalted over everyone else. Why? In our most primitive state, those types would die off and would never be allowed to lead the pack. WHY THE HELL HAVE WE SIGNED UP FOR THIS BS SYSTEM?
Controlling the masses requires dumbing them down.

OK, I'll play Devils advocate here. I watched the video. that the kind of investment in the inner city areas that I have no problem with because they are putting people to work and seeing tangible results of that work. They are also training people for the workforce and not the welfare doles. It's not money going into some abyss.

Agree but the focus should be helping poor people regardless of race

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT